Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:11 pm
Bedtime!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:53 pm
I'm often tempted to reactivate my WoW account. But I should save up the money...and my schedule is already full enough as it is ~_~  

Lucind Varhetel

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 pm
The biggest problem I had with WoW was the pure drudgery of it for me, personally. I'd run to one place, kill X number of things or deliver something, then run back, then run somewhere else, then repeat.

Once I hit level 70 (I gave it one last shot during Burning Crusade), I got really bored with it and decided I'd had enough of it and MMOs in general.

Now, I don't say that to cause arguments. I'm well aware of all the raids and whatnot that you can do, but after taking part in some of the smaller ones with random groups, and realizing that to have a real shot I'd have to try to find a guild on my server that would accept and then possibly schedule AROUND raid times, I just couldn't see myself doing it.

I like games, and I can play them for hours, but I just couldn't imagine myself sitting in front of a computer for that long. To me, that was just... work.

*Tucks his soapbox away.*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:15 pm
I have to agree with you, Rage, that finding raids is a pretty difficult thing, so end-gaming can be a really hard thing to do in WoW if you don't have the time.

I used to raid up until before one of the big patches in Burning Crusade, when I stopped signing up because I felt I was screwing up too much and didn't want to mess things up for a raid. This was before the whole 10-man difficulty thing. I ended up falling out of the learning curve, then got back on it after the third expansion...only to fall off it again. You can get a lot of decent gear doing easier stuff now, though.

Anyhow, I know what you mean about the drudgery, and that unfortunately doesn't get much better until later on. But I know that's going to change when Cataclysm comes out. They'll be revamping the entire old world, which means a lot of the new-style quests that are more fun to play in the later expansions will be adapted to the old world.

Of course, it's probably gonna turn Outland into The World that WoW Forgot. :/

I think that's often a problem with some MMOs. Improvement of content for the end-game but not for the start. Even with the first expansion it was only those 2 new races which had new content lasting till around level 20, and with the second you couldn't get into the really fun new stuff unless you had a level 55 character (though I believe that changed).

Anyhow, I'll be pretty much set for a good while at the end of July when SC2 comes out.  

Pandumb

Lonely Scamp

Designated Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:27 pm
*Drops dead.*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Ugh.

All over my new carpet, too.  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Fengrading

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 pm
derp  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:35 pm
durrhurr  

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 am
:collapses on the couch:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 am
*Flips the couch over.*  

Designated Hero

Sunstrike

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:52 am
I thought you were Dea-: squish:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 am
mmm. Finals week.  

Fengrading

ragingtofu

Dangerous Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 am
Hey guys.

Did you know Lord of the Rings was based on Dragonball?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 am
Rage and Cog have been systematically destroying my faith in the human race for years.  

Designated Hero

Fengrading

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 am
User Image  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games