Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Arts

Back to Guilds

Guild RPGs, Contests, World Conquest, Random Silliness 

Tags: world domination, games, comics, arts, random 

Reply Savage Arts Main Hall
General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortalAngel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:13 pm
It's so quiet...Where is everybody? Don't tell me you all have lives!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:42 pm
Really me have a life? how silly! I just never have much to say! whee  

XiWikiPop

IRL Lunatic

9,065 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Rhies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 pm
I'm alive every sunday XD  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:24 pm
Rhies
I'm alive every sunday XD

So, for the rest of the week you're eating brains? I've never heard of a transforming zombie. A Werezombie that transforms back into human on Sundays...  

MortalAngel

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:18 pm
More like an un-life.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 am
Pfffft I have a sad excuse for a life. D: Just seem to be busy.  

Kazu Faiya
Vice Captain

Sparkly Phantom

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm
More like, SECOND LIFE
LLLAAAWWWLLLLLLL! actually i dont do 2nd life anymore either, I'm just like Kazu, busy :/
My work is my life, and to further validate that statement, i come home, eat, sleep. then go to work. on weekends, i think about how i can improve my work at work.... some times i just work....

so...i dont technically have a life?? DEFINE LIFE ANGEL sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:30 am
Life: something that grows, mentally and behaviorally, learns and moves towards improving ones surroundings.

So, improving your work while at work counts, as long as you are also growing as a person and learning too!  

MortalAngel

MortalAngel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:32 am
Also, I'm thinking about changing my name to Nato Apollinis. Is that easy to do on gaia? What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:47 pm
MortalAngel
Wait!!! You didn't tell me how to type it though! That's what I was asking! gonk

Ah. In that case:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MEMORIZE THIS. THAT'S WHAT JOVEY DO.

I can't guarantee there'll be a button on your keyboard that takes you to the affore-mentioned and might I add poorly advertised website on the bottom-right...  

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm
MortalAngel
Life: something that grows, mentally and behaviorally, learns and moves towards improving ones surroundings.

So, improving your work while at work counts, as long as you are also growing as a person and learning too!

but as a human, aren't we always learning?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm
Radjulon
MortalAngel

but as a human, aren't we always learning?

I suppose I'm only referring to beneficial learning, such as practical skills or useful knowledge, like learning a language or learning how to improve your organizational skills.

I'm sure we're always learning random information, such as how Buffy is a vampire slayer, but that's not really the type of learning I mean.  

MortalAngel

MortalAngel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 pm
Jovey4
MortalAngel
Wait!!! You didn't tell me how to type it though! That's what I was asking! gonk

Ah. In that case:

I can't guarantee there'll be a button on your keyboard that takes you to the affore-mentioned and might I add poorly advertised website on the bottom-right...

That's very interesting. The way I type in foreign alphabets is by switching my keyboard input (with Cmd-Space). But then I still have to know the syllables that make up a character. For example, the character ろ is hiragana for the syllable "ro", so I change my input to hiragana and then type "r" - "o" (two key presses). Hangul works the same way for me. I don't have the same input as the picture you posted and I can't seem to get the second character in Taekwondo right. When I type "taekwondo" it comes out as 태쿠ㅗㄴ도 The "tae" and "do" are right, but the "kwon" isn't forming the correct character, instead I get those other three in the middle. I guess you can't help me unless you had the same keyboard input that I was using or if you had suggestions for different phonetic spellings of taekwondo. I'm on a Mac using a built-in phonetic korean keyboard input.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm
MortalAngel
Jovey4
MortalAngel

Ah. In that case:

That's very interesting. The way I type in foreign alphabets is by switching my keyboard input (with Cmd-Space). But then I still have to know the syllables that make up a character. For example, the character ろ is hiragana for the syllable "ro", so I change my input to hiragana and then type "r" - "o" (two key presses). Hangul works the same way for me. I don't have the same input as the picture you posted and I can't seem to get the second character in Taekwondo right. When I type "taekwondo" it comes out as 태쿠ㅗㄴ도 The "tae" and "do" are right, but the "kwon" isn't forming the correct character, instead I get those other three in the middle. I guess you can't help me unless you had the same keyboard input that I was using or if you had suggestions for different phonetic spellings of taekwondo. I'm on a Mac using a built-in phonetic korean keyboard input.

I think I figured it out. If I type taegweondo I get the correct characters:
태권도

Which makes me wonder if taekwondo is pronounced with more of a 'g' sound than a 'k' sound. Is it?  

MortalAngel

Jovey4

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 am
WOAAAAAAALLL OF TEXT
Aaaaactually I'm on a mac too >> I just change the language input to 2-set korean. Buuut if there's something I can rant about, it's morons living in korea who try to translate korean into english romanized characters: it's flat out just not physically possible. Why? Taekwondo Degwundo taegweondo are all english versions of 태권도 all 3 of those spellings and more are used in korea. It's not like japanese where you can read it romanized~ hence all the "eou" and "eo"'s in words like "Seoul." So the best thing to do is to just learn Hangeul itself. Also, the sounds that koreans use are completely different from the english K and G. It's literally something in between. The same applies for Z and J, T and D, P and B, and of course R and L. They actually position their tongue very differently than we do when speaking and because of that romanization is nigh impossible because Koreans have the hardest time telling the difference between those characters in english "engrishie". But hey man, I like your insight! Is there a reason you're trying to type in korean?  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 760 761 762 763 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games