Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply OOC Lounge
OOC - NO U Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fengrading

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:41 pm
Illness and unemployment are the way to go.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:01 pm
I'm not ill... Just unemployed. Apparently getting a job as a teacher is hard, even when the British Government tells us we're short of teachers...  

Hogosha No Juunikyuu

Friendly Dabbler

9,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 pm
*nods* Teachers are in short supply everywhere because governments would rather spend money on wars and armaments than on educating it's populous while they are still young enough for it to sink in xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:21 pm
but I need a job! crying

Also, expect to see more of Tomorrow's children soon, Hono whee

Hogosha No Juunikyuu

Friendly Dabbler

9,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Good! Give me a reason to bring Bren out of storage again wink  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm
lol wtf teachers can't find a job? What subject... cuz my sister found a job as a math teach within 2 weeks of graduating. You slackers aren't trying hard enough.  

Supreme Jerk Commander

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:47 pm
Math is a guaranteed position, now.

Every other subject? Not quite as much. In fact, in terms of high school, it's pretty much useless to try and break into teaching English or History in the U.S. right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:50 pm
Yeah, just means people should actually research what they're majoring in before they spend tons of money doing it. At least, if they plan on making a career out of it. I don't see how anyone who majors in some sort of liberal art or some off key subject like History and English act all surprised when they can't find a job or do anything with their degree.

It baffles me.  

Supreme Jerk Commander

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:11 pm
You should never major in history unless you intend to be a professor, or intend to do a lot of work in the field, or just doing work with research and writing in general.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:40 pm
I'm going to create a major that focuses solely on anticipating the future. Either that or start an RP college.

Who wouldn't want to take "Fundamentals of Role Playing" or "Free Form Theory"? Let's not forget "Fantasy Physics" and "Advanced Character Creation"! It'd be hilarious.  

Supreme Jerk Commander

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:41 pm
The problem I see in only caring about teaching math is; how the hell do you get a strong ethical base to build upon if you have no sense of history?

And English, good lord... do we really want an entire generation growing up with nothing more than the ability to write beyond the 150-some characters in an IM or text?! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:43 pm
I learned how to take apart animal corpses into select pieces of meat and cook them into delicious meals.  

Kraun
Vice Captain

The Thunder Tyrant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:50 pm
HonoRaven
The problem I see in only caring about teaching math is; how the hell do you get a strong ethical base to build upon if you have no sense of history?

And English, good lord... do we really want an entire generation growing up with nothing more than the ability to write beyond the 150-some characters in an IM or text?! sweatdrop

Neither of those things has anything to do with what I'm talking about.

On a high school level both the English and History positions are over-saturated with teachers, so finding a job there is impossible, whereas you always need to find math teachers.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:51 pm
Kraun
I learned how to take apart animal corpses into select pieces of meat and cook them into delicious meals.
See, now that's a useful skill to learn.

And I'm surprised at the lack of want for English teachers given worryingly rising amount of native english speakers who are horrible at speaking/spelling.  

Enness Vakar

Man-Hungry Datemate

8,100 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Sausage Fest 200

Supreme Jerk Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:09 pm
HonoRaven

What the hell are you talking about? History and English (The kind that I hope you're referring to) are part of the CORE CURRICULUM. Everyone has to take them. Unless you intend to explain to me how your knowledge of Classical European literature and South Asian History is going to help you land a job doing anything other than teach the respective subjects in college. Or maybe do some indy research.

Edit: Also, Math is a considerably more difficult major to achieve, and has many applications outside of academics (most of which pay way better). You major in English, then teaching is more or less your best bet. Therefore, we have enough English teachers.  
OOC Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 ... 7607 7608 7609 7610 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games