to live
  to die
  to love
  to hate
View Results

Roses FM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:57 am
Hiya~~~
I'm fullmetalroses, but i'd appreciate if you didn't call me that all the time. Call me Al, or Chilli, or if you want my super-special-awsome real name, call me Rhiannon. I am a huge fan of Yu-gi-oh and The Yu-gi-oh Abridged Series. I'm interested in Egypt, Japan and general Mythology. I'm planning to be in the military, so don't mess with me! Lol. I'm a nice person in general, so yeah, talk to me.

Luffles you all,
Bye!
xXx  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:04 am
Hello, my application just got accepted, and I've already made some tracks in the Sekhmet post. I am always questing for more information, it's definately a lifelong quest. Egyptology is not the limit, but only one area of interest.
Like the poster before me, I also include Shinto, but there is also dragon magic, and quite a bit more in my sphere of interest.

Hopefully over time, my av will begin to reflect those interests better. For now the dragon tail and pretty parasol will have to do. ^.=.^

You can just call me Nisse, if you like smile (not from the Netherlands, I know it means troll/gnome there, it's just a name I've stuck with for some time now.  

Nissedragon

Plaridel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:49 am
Howdy!
I was just really getting hopeless that my application won't be accepted, is took a few days before the reply was sent to me, but here I am now posting.
Nefertiti and her daughter, Ankhesenamun were always enigmas to me, and they are one of the reasons why I'm into the subject. Also the animated movie, Prince of Egypt. I have been interested with Egyptology since I saw it.
You can just call me Neo, as my username suggests.

Hoping forward to make great acquaintances,
Captainneo wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 am
Hello, I am Yuudai Sasaki. I decided to join this Guild for obvious reasons, such as my love for Ancient Egypt, but also for obtaining more information on the subject since I've seen that many here know more about it than I.

My first meeting with Ancient Egypt was the movie 'Prince of Egypt' which made me fall in love with the civilization, despite its many historic flaws.

I am hoping I will learn even more about the subject now that I am here. smile Thank you for accepting my application.  

sjdfnkwnf

Bozu-kun

Fashionable Shapeshifter

31,300 Points
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 pm
Hi I just join the guild and I'm hopeing to make new friends and learn more about Egypt too.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:36 am
I LOVE Egyptian Mythology! That and Greek Myth. ^_^
But I love Egypt with all her cool ruins and temples. (siiiiiigh)
Anywho, 21, Roebuck, SC and I really wish I could visit Egypt someday. ^_~
That would be awesome! I study Myth in my free time when i'm bored.....which is usually always! lol
L8R groupies! ^_~  

Silverdracowolf

OmG NoMoR3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:03 am
Hi, I'm Kiki. I'm 18, and I live in Alabama in a town house with my boyfriend. I'm a freshman in college, and I'm majoring in English education (secondary education, that is). I've always had a fascination with Egypt, ever since I was a little girl. I was constantly begging my mom for books on Egyptian hieroglyphics and Egypt in general. My hobbies are reading, writing, and playing video games. I love anime, fashion, and good grammar. Bad grammar really bothers me... a lot. >.>; My favorite authors are Stephen King, Anne Rice, Ramsey Campbell, Johnathan Kellerman, and H.P. Lovecraft. You might see me lurking about in their respective guilds. ^_^ I'm the co-owner of an online lingerie store (the link is in my sig), but it's nothing amazing. We're barely off the ground. ^_^;;  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:25 pm
HI! I'm Judy! ^_^
I learnd most of what I know of egypt trough my mom and the verry little projets that we did in school. I really love cats and I really want to buy myself a cabra. I ove belly dance but I could never get myself to do it. I also love music, I play the picalo. ^_^
I've never been to egypt but I would love top go there. I've lived in Germany though. I was five.  

Judy_Boka

Boadicea Boudicca

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm
I am Louis, and most of what I know about Egypt is military in nature. I may not know much about their religion or customs, but I can tell you who fought who when, where, why, who won, and why they won.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:28 pm
Hey my name's Vicky (or Blue, Rain, or whatever it doesn't matter ^_^).
I'm 18, live in the Bronx of NY and am an art education major (but egyptology seems seriously awesome, we'll see where I am led).

I've been interested in Egypt snce I was very young.. I remember going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art(in NYC) when I was about 7 and I was touching everything (ahh XP), feeling that I had a connection with the ancient objects. Eventually I got yelled at by the guards and stuff. But the Temple of Dendur completely mystified me when I saw it, I felt as if I was going back into Egyptian times. I remember getting those "Eyewitness" books on Egypt, but I loved this one activity they still sell where you can wrap your own mummy and place all of its organs in canopic jars (I think amazon and ebay still have it- its super cool!).
My interests in Egypt lasted over the years, although they waned just a bit until.. I got an internship with the Met of Art last summer. We had to do a research paper on two objects, one from the general collection and one from the American Wing. Well, from the general collection, I became intrigued by a canopic jar in the Armana period room that had a lid that was shaped as a portrait of Queen Tiye (or Kiya, the identity is not completely certain). I researched alot about the Armana Period which is the 18th dynasty.. the rule of Akhenaton. I found out very interesting things about the art of the period... that the features were either extremely realistic or extremely exaggerated.. Akenaton tried to change the traditional art of Egypt completely! Before I researched on my own, I guess I had the intrigued, empathetic view from a monotheist about Akhenaton. I suppose now, I have a twofold view. I think that the move that Aten took in religious life was positive in comparison to Amun in that the temples were more accessable to common people (perhaps only if you lived in Akhetaten where the pharaoh moved the capitol to!) and instead of being in a closed temple, the walls and ceiling were much more illuminated by the sun. ... But, I think that Akhenaton was very tyrannical in the religious sphere. Aten-worshiping was pressed upon the Egyptians in a very totalitarian manner. He definately did not believe in freedom of religion.
And the second object that I picked (a beautiful jewelry box) was from the Egyptian revival (which happend in the early 1900s) where Egyptian stuff was totally in vogue (perhaps also like how getting mummies was super cool). Basically imagine Art Deco mixed with Egyptian motifs. Egyptian revival jewlery rocks alot more than Egypt-inspired jewlery of today.. it's just more creative and made better in my opinion. Although probably also made for novel effect in the early last century, most of the pieces aren't very chintzy or cheap looking. You can get these on Ebay.
But anywho, ever since last summer I've been interested in bringing Egypt back into my own life. I have started to wear Egyptian style makeup and jewlery, and hairstyles... I'll tell you, the Met is a great resource for Egyptian life.. I modeled this braided hairstyle off of a wig I saw there and it looked quite Egyptian-esque ^_^. I've been an athiestic agnostic for about 5 years now but I have been intrigued by Kemeticism. So for now I am getting very interested in learning as much as I can about the Egyptians and Egyptian Reconstructionist Goddess worshipping.
Em hotep!  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

Neshumurru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:29 pm
Greetings, my name is Neshumurru, I have been using this acount name on many different games and I have yet to come up with what it means, no it is not a real word or japaneese at all. (Atleast to the best of my knowledge its not)

I am 16 years of age and I have been facinated with the mythology of Ancient cultures since I was very little. Egypt being the major of the ones I grew to love. At one point in my youth I received a book about Ancient Egypt that only continued my fascination. I know much about Ancient Mythology but not everything, so I am here ready to learn about them and continue my knowledge.

If you would like to contact me, PM me, leave me a comment, or ask me for my out of gaia stuff. I have no problem talking to people outside of Gaia.

Also, If any of you are from NY please PM me so I can invite you to my guild, it's a NY Mischief guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:27 am
I'm Mana, I'm 18 and my interest in Egypt must have started when I was around 7 years old.

I started studying up on hieroglyphs, reading various books (fiction and non) about ancient Egypt, went to seminars and visited the Glyptotek frequently.

I also wanted to be an Archaeologist.

I've been fighting against depression for a couple of years now, and unfortunately it made me lose connection to all the passions I had before hand, so I've gone a couple of years without being passionate about Egypt and Archaeology, but like I said I'm fighting.
And one step for me is to return to my passions, which is why I joined this guild. 3nodding

Also I am not a native English speaker, so I hope any typos can be kindly overlooked ^^;

Sanddru

Neshumurru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 am
Abusive Mana
I'm Mana, I'm 18 and my interest in Egypt must have started when I was around 7 years old.

I started studying up on hieroglyphs, reading various books (fiction and non) about ancient Egypt, went to seminars and visited the Glyptotek frequently.

I also wanted to be an Archaeologist.

I've been fighting against depression for a couple of years now, and unfortunately it made me lose connection to all the passions I had before hand, so I've gone a couple of years without being passionate about Egypt and Archaeology, but like I said I'm fighting.
And one step for me is to return to my passions, which is why I joined this guild. 3nodding

Also I am not a native English speaker, so I hope any typos can be kindly overlooked ^^;

I am a native english speaker and even I don't type or speak it perfectly, so don't worry. Welcome to the guild, it is an honor to have you here.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:35 pm
I'm 4shi, and I'm from Kansas. I just recently turned 25. I'm a Kemetic Reconstructionist and found this place because a fellow member of the House of Netjer helps run this guild.

I'm currently in the process of finishing up my BA in Creative Writing. Afterwards I plan to move closer to my boyfriend and work there.

I consider myself just embarking on learning more about Egypt, but most of my studies are centralized around the religious aspects right now.  

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

AkibeJosephus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:19 am
Hello everyone!

I'm Akibe, I'm 22 and I'm from England.

I have a BA in Ancient History and I'm just finishing up an MA in the same subject.

Sadly my BA featured very little on Egypt, but my MA included a comparitive essay on the cults of Isis in Egypt and Rome and Demeter in Greece, and I also wrote a paper on using papyri to write the history of Egyptian families.

I'm here because I'm very interested in all the ancient mediterranean civilisations ^_^  
The Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff