Reply .:Titan's Tower:.
Guild Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BetaSwimmer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:49 am
The whole Matrix Idea though is extreemly far fetched. Heres my reasoning why...

It takes a supercomputer 1000 years to gather the amount of information that our eyes alone gather in the course of one second. Computers in this day and age, for how intelligent they may seem, are still far from being anywhere close to matching a human. We are a lot more advanced than we realize on a biological level.

A nicer Question to ask would be what color would the sky be if the percentages of our air content changed. Currently 21% is Oxygen, 72% is Nitrogen, and the rest is miscilaneous. What if it wasnt 72% Nitrogen, but perhaps 72% Tetrechloride?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:43 pm
we would most likely die.

duh.  

The Vorpal Tom

BetaSwimmer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:24 pm
thetom1313
we would most likely die.

duh.
I didn't ask how it would affect us. God we'd all die if there were no nitrogen in the air, I was just wondering how the Atmospheric elements/molecules, affect the coloring of our sky, the only factor i know of so far to affect the coloring, is the thickness of the air as light travels through it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:19 pm
It would probably be darker, but I don't know what shade.

I don't know if reality is truly real. If our brains are so complex, this all could just as well be only a dream that I'm having. There's no way we can know if anything else is real. When we say "I'm real", then another person can't even know it. I know for a fact that my consciousness is here. I know that I am real, and I believe that you all are real. But how can any of you know that there actually is a "Raven" somewhere out there, or if you just imagined these words on the screen?  

[Nevar]

Auria Tetsukai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:20 pm
Raven_Cry
It would probably be darker, but I don't know what shade.

I don't know if reality is truly real. If our brains are so complex, this all could just as well be only a dream that I'm having. There's no way we can know if anything else is real. When we say "I'm real", then another person can't even know it. I know for a fact that my consciousness is here. I know that I am real, and I believe that you all are real. But how can any of you know that there actually is a "Raven" somewhere out there, or if you just imagined these words on the screen?

eek Noo!! I'm unreal! I'm....imaginary!!! AHHH!!!!

-curls into fetal position-  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:27 pm
But if you were really there typing that, then you are real.  

[Nevar]

BetaSwimmer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:53 pm
Well. this world is far to complex for one to be simply dreaming it, and if it were "computer driven" then it would have to be Many vast years beyond the level which we are currently experiencing.

Now if one wishes to go into a Religious perspective, one could be in a "god(s)- controlled-state-of-existance" where when one finally dies in this plane, they reawaken in the "Real" plane of existance in which life may be eternal, for better or worse.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:13 pm
But we don't understand everything about the brain yet. Perhaps it IS complex enough.

But what if a person DID create the universe, and was the only thing to really exist? Sort of like the religious idea you had.  

[Nevar]

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 pm
The theory of the big bang is that a giant collection of matter was compressed and then exploded all across the uviverse. We know that all mater had to come from somewhere and that it didnt just appear. I want to know what was there before the big bang? Perhaps an advaced civilazation who were locked in an intergalactic war and due to an advaced nucular weapon kinda pressed the "reset" button on the universe.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:39 pm
missing nin itachi
The theory of the big bang is that a giant collection of matter was compressed and then exploded all across the uviverse. We know that all mater had to come from somewhere and that it didnt just appear. I want to know what was there before the big bang? Perhaps an advaced civilazation who were locked in an intergalactic war and due to an advaced nucular weapon kinda pressed the "reset" button on the universe.
Your Half right...Matter can't come from nothing, BUT, the mass of objects increases as the object approaces the speed of light. E=mc^2. The apperant mass of the moving object from the relatively still viewer increases. Light has no mass, BUT is bends with gravity because when travveling at light speed it does give itself an appearant mass to all outside sources.  

BetaSwimmer

Chanceless

Eloquent Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:45 am
@_@ I'm getting a headache just from watching these posts....however, it's making a point. o.o Carry on! =3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:34 pm
BetaSwimmer
missing nin itachi
Your Half right...Matter can't come from nothing, BUT, the mass of objects increases as the object approaces the speed of light. E=mc^2. The apperant mass of the moving object from the relatively still viewer increases. Light has no mass, BUT is bends with gravity because when travveling at light speed it does give itself an appearant mass to all outside sources.

But, matter can neither be created nor destroyed. So all of that stuff had to have come from somewhere.  

[Nevar]

[Nevar]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:37 pm
BetaSwimmer
missing nin itachi

But, matter can neither be created nor destroyed. So all of that stuff had to have come from somewhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:28 pm
Raven_Cry
BetaSwimmer
missing nin itachi

In Nuclear Reactions Matter is either Destroyed or created, which is why the reactions can occur. What you ment to say is that Mass-Energy is constant, so long as the universe is finite. If the universe is not curved then it is infinite, and thusly matter/energy would not be at a possible constant. Isn't Physics just fun....btw I am Majoring i Physics in college.  

BetaSwimmer

BetaSwimmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:31 pm
OH before i forget. I got an E-mail yesterday...

Quote:
Please update your story
When Opposites Attrack . It is a very good story.

It was signed "G.A.Reader"

Any one know what the G.A. means? It might deal with either Gaia, Deviant Art, or Fan Fic.net, those are the only places I had my story up.  
.:Titan's Tower:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff