Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:29 am
xd Naw, the other one they coaxed me with broke down due to excessive playing Xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:08 am
Memai - Hm. Your returned letter is not good news. I sent Sj a letter with "for GASOC use only!" printed on the back. Damn it. I must be a terrorist.

ESC - If yoo saye soh.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:36 am
Memai>> Tea with honey = heart heart Milk tea with vanilla and honey = heart x 1,000

gonk Sorry to hear your letter wouldn't send, that's kind of ... sucky. neutral

The SAT is a test that colleges look at when deciding if they want to enroll you (first year) and if they want to give you grants and what-not to go to their college. (the higher you score, the more potential money you can get towards college) It's a paradoxical test, really...it doesn't test your knowledge, it test how well you can take a test. xp

(at least it was that way when I took it ... four years ago whee )

Spoon Man>> Spork! evil

AD>> I'm trying to figure out what I should put on my envelope so she doesn't see the letter, see the name and think, 'Who is this?! Is it a stalker?' @__@  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:39 am
AD >> HO NOES! Yew arr teh terroristx0rs! Run fo' yo' lives! xd ;;

Ashram >> xd So I'll get heart x 1,000 if I make you my milk tea, correct? mrgreen *plots with her ebil British tea bags*

It kinda was ._.;; I included a letter and stuff and I attached a doodle to it as well. That or they think the slight pink edges on the piece of paper was indeed pink anthrax XD

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up 3nodding It's quite funny though, I type/write in American spelling, I speak in a thick American accent, I have American blood in my family, but so far, I wouldn't know jack about the ins and outs of the education system there xd

We pretty much follow them British peeps here. Suckage, but at least you come in at 7.45am and leave at around 1.05pm. The only major exams we have is the UPSR (6th grade), PMR (Form 3, Secondary school. Equivelant to 8th grade), SPM (Form 5, Secondary school. 10th grade, about to leave for college, thus this test is to determine which college you go to and what field of occupation you'll have) and STPM (Form 6, Secondary school. When you didn't quite get into college or don't have enough funding for it. A pass in this test will get you a loan/scheme/plan/acceptance of some sort to get into college) >_O

EDIT: New IC Fanart from Memai. This time of sweet Nyo Nyo ^_^

User Image  

Memai-kins

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:22 pm
Ashram - Yep. I just got back from the SAT, and I can confirm that it's still as pointless as it was when you took it, if not more. xp Twenty minutes to write a coherent essay is absolutely ridiculous, and the College Board knows that.

Koji - xd ...hmm. I wouldn't mind Hawaii, if only I could afford the airfare... <3 Tatu.

Memai - Pink anthrax indeed... xd I bet they can't handle the cuteness of the poring. Apparently the US postal service is more tolerant of that stuff, since it doesn't care if I stick bright, glittery stickers all over the envelopes I donate to Gaia with. (My last one was about the size of at least two or three stamps... it was a hippie car! xd ) Nice Nyome art, too. :3

AD - Haha... we're becoming more like IC every day. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:14 pm
Memai>> You'd be ... one of the most wonderful people in the world if you made me your milk tea mrgreen (not that you already are, or anything wink O: O smile

surprised New IC art = Extreme yum (you mind if I "borrowed" that? I'm intrigued to see how you make your lines look so lean and clean *i.e. look at it in Photoshop at 600-1000% xd *)

Iyou>> You'd be surprised how many people in college cannot write a coherent paper, much less a coherent paragraph ... and some ... coherent sentences. xp (this coming from someone who has graded college level papers for Englisih professors)

But yes, tis quite ridiculous

So ... howja ya do? Howja ya do?!  

T H I N N

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:49 pm
Ashram - Umm, she specifically gave us her addy so we could send mail...

Besides, I didn't put my real name or address on the return address. It's so much more fun to make up names with the initials "AD."

Memai - Wheee! Nyome ish so cute! heart

Iyou - Indeed. Today I wore the trademarked IC1-AD red cargo pants.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:40 pm
AD>> Well, when she was asking if some of us could write to her, I told her I would but I did not PM her to get the address in the first place. (I bummed it off Spoon Man) So she may not be expecting me to send her anything.

I'm probably just making a big deal out of it, she can put 2 + 2 together and realize that I got it from you guys in the first place. xd The brain is fickle. biggrin  

T H I N N

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:26 pm
AD> Hrmm, I don't believe I'll be losing my arms anytime soon... I don't really do too many dangerous things that would entail me to lose body parts...

Memai> Ohh nice IC art. *w*

Koji> Meet Hawaii ehh? Well I wouldn't mind that... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:35 pm
Ashram - In my oh-so-humble opinion, you're being stupid. Unless you intend to send her a letter proclaiming your love combined with a threat over her cat's/dog's/sibling's life, then I don't think she'll be terribly scared. Or confused. Somehow, I think she'll figure it out.

Seth - Well, it's nice to hear that there are guild members who don't participate in limb-endangering activities. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

oni cypress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:05 pm
school is over! now for summer camp!
97 on math final whee havn't done that good since freshman year.

nice memai, must... not... stare... *drool*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:13 pm
AD>> In my oh-so-humble opinion ... I would agree. As previously stated, the brain is fickle.

Oni>> Congratulations! Enjoy ze summer  

T H I N N

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:13 pm
Ashram - What are you tlaking about. College essays writing is prefectly understandeable.

xd I suppose I shouldn't complain so much about the essay, then. The prompt was something about whether or not repressing the past/memories helps people climb the ladder of success. I wrote about the Great Gatsby and customer service reps, woo. whee

I think I did pretty well, overall. (Not to brag, but I'd be really surprised if I got less than an 800 on the math section. The questions were pretty basic, and I'm a really big math geek. ^^; ) I'm hoping to get over a 2100, but eh... I guess I'll just have to wait for the results back to know for sure.

AD - xd Nice! I'll probably end up dressing like IC Iyou sometime if Lang finishes the character sketch. Or could I submit one of my own? ninja

oni - Congrats! whee 97's are teh awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:24 pm
Iyou
Ashram - What are you tlaking about. College essays writing is prefectly understandeable.

xd I suppose I shouldn't complain so much about the essay, then. The prompt was something about whether or not repressing the past/memories helps people climb the ladder of success. I wrote about the Great Gatsby and customer service reps, woo. whee

I think I did pretty well, overall. (Not to brag, but I'd be really surprised if I got less than an 800 on the math section. The questions were pretty basic, and I'm a really big math geek. ^^; ) I'm hoping to get over a 2100, but eh... I guess I'll just have to wait for the results back to know for sure.

... I said it wasn't? xd Looking back, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying was ridiculous. (the fact that they gave only 20 minutes to write a coherent essay ... right?)

You hope to get over a 2,100? What's the maximum you can make now? (because it was 1,600 when I took it)  

T H I N N

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:37 pm
Ashram - I was just being a little sarcastic in the first part of my message, that's all. xp But yeah, I really think that they should have given us more than 20 minutes to write the essay.

The New SAT is out of 2400 now. The essay/writing section added on another 800 possible points, so now there are three sections at 800 points each.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games