Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Apocalypse
Q&A / Help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a question?
  Heck yeah!
  Well... No.
  "At least I have chicken."
View Results

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:21 am
N for Notorious
its not because you tried to show me how to handle it, its because you hamstringed me without checking all the facts, from square one i was polite and then when he started being rude i swore once or twice, but i stated to him multiple times calmly, that it wasn't changing just because of him, and that he could leave if he didn't like it, he obviously didn't like that.

I did check "all the facts". I read through the argument before making my post. In my humble opinion, Shinmei-Jigoku had some legitimate points that you were failing to address. You said that things weren't changing just because of him, but you didn't say why. You started off polite, but then you degenerated into insults and profanity, telling a guild member that you don't give a s**t about him or his argument. That's unprofessional.

N for Notorious
As for handling it by telling him about the resevoir, he was told that by another member earlier, so he was just griefing.

That was me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 am
no doubt its unproffesional, and i did state it the wrong way, but the point i was trying to make is that i didn't make this guild, and i'm not going to change the creator's ideas just because of one griefer, i've been a bit stressed lately so i found it a bit annoying to think of giving a griefer an elegant response.  

N for Notorious
Crew

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:49 am
N for Notorious
no doubt its unproffesional, and i did state it the wrong way, but the point i was trying to make is that i didn't make this guild, and i'm not going to change the creator's ideas just because of one griefer, i've been a bit stressed lately so i found it a bit annoying to think of giving a griefer an elegant response.

I don't think Shinmei-Jigoku was a griefer. He wasn't arguing simply for the sake of arguing. He had some legitimate points. You explained that you weren't going to change the premise of the guild, but you didn't explain why. Not in a way that would satisfy him, anyway. You should have gone into greater detail as to why zombies move so slowly. Your original argument was right, but poorly-worded and weak. He was easily able to poke holes in it.

This whole situation could have been resolved without kicking him out of the guild. Then again, it may have been the best course of action, considering how habitually rude he was. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this. His posts were relatively high-quality compared to most of the others in this guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 pm
true, but its easy to post once or twice with long posts but hard to keep doing that. Your definition of what he was doing though is my definition of griefing lol. Argueing for the sake of it is just annoying. That said i admit my explanation was poorly worded. However i am pleased with where we're at right now for post lengths verus where we were before we put the paragraph long rule in.  

N for Notorious
Crew

Screep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:47 pm
Are we following the storyline of World War Z?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 am
I saw that a few people were inquiring about movies and mini-series.
What if we as a guild were to write our own spin on the world of zombies and those that decapitate them? >: ) (It would basically be all the members involved in one massive RP sort of thingey)
I've ALWAYS wanted to make a forum-based RP into a book....
Tried that with a thread I created but people just...stopped posting.
So yeah. Group effort on what could be made into a movie? and/or series? Maybe if we're lucky, even GAMES? xd

My actual question was about the Ship RP. Would it be possible to operate on land, in reference to a squad I made? Like, a group that brings survivors to the military?

Here's the squad I posted in the Squad Directory:

Squad Name: The Shadows

Squad Leader: David Lance

Squad members: David Lance; before (bass, backing vocals), after (leader, melee weapons/handguns) Jimmy Smith; before (DJ, rapper) after; (vehicle operating/repair, melee weapons) Brandon Moore; before (guitar, vocals) after (recon/long-range weapons) Crystal Lance; before (female vocals) after; (medic, mid-range weapons) Jason Silverstone before; (drums, percussion) after; (recon/short-range weapons)

Squad equipment/vehicles: 12-gauge shotgun; sniper rifle; 2X assault rifle; 6 handguns (two are used by David Lance, and are Garza 9; semi-fully automatic handguns); various bladed weapons; surgical equipment. Vehicles: whatever they can get ahold of; currently two Acura MDX

Squad Sector/base: Several Studio Apartments in Seattle, Washington

Squad history: They were all friends in school except for David and Crystal; they are brother and sister. They decided to form a band when they graduated high school, and absolutely loved playing music. A month before the outbreak happened and most of the world was torn apart almost overnight, they were set to do some gigs around Washington and even go to Portland for a few. But ever since then they had made it their goal to find and rescue others in desperate need. They work almost hand in hand with the Navy, bringing all the uninfected people they find to them.  

XxFuture_AkatsukixX

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 am
Screep
Are we following the storyline of World War Z?

Not necessarily. I know that our RPs take place in the same world as World War Z, but I'm not sure how strictly we're supposed to be following the storyline.

XxFuture_AkatsukixX
I saw that a few people were inquiring about movies and mini-series.
What if we as a guild were to write our own spin on the world of zombies and those that decapitate them? >: ) (It would basically be all the members involved in one massive RP sort of thingey)
I've ALWAYS wanted to make a forum-based RP into a book....
Tried that with a thread I created but people just...stopped posting.
So yeah. Group effort on what could be made into a movie? and/or series? Maybe if we're lucky, even GAMES? xd

Technically, all our members are already involved in one massive RP. All of the RPs in the main forum take place in the same world at the same time. They're just focusing on different places. That being said, I wouldn't worry about making this into a movie, or a miniseries, or a book, or a game, or whatever. We're not that ambitious. We're just doing this for fun. For entertainment.

XxFuture_AkatsukixX
My actual question was about the Ship RP. Would it be possible to operate on land, in reference to a squad I made? Like, a group that brings survivors to the military?

You'd have to ask ZombieApocalypseSurvivor. He's the one that came up with the idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:15 am
THIS QUESTION IS ABOUT ZOMBIES IN GENERAL

so I was thinking yesterday, I was wondering, did Max Brooks cover that at the beginning of the outbreak, there could of been satanic practices in which a human would have sexual intercourse with an infected, as it is "undead?"
If so, was the disease transmitted, could the zombie get pregnant, thus having a hybrid child?

and one more thing. All though it is very extreme, will only a small portion of people left in the world ,it must of happened; If a mother is pregnant and gets infected, would the baby become infected inside her womb, as they share blood, or would it die?
I hope I get my questions answered.  

awaqu

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am
awaqu
so I was thinking yesterday, I was wondering, did Max Brooks cover that at the beginning of the outbreak, there could of been satanic practices in which a human would have sexual intercourse with an infected, as it is "undead?"
If so, was the disease transmitted, could the zombie get pregnant, thus having a hybrid child?

Max Brooks says, on page 4 of The Zombie Survival Guide, that "No information—historical, experimental, or otherwise—has surfaced regarding the results of sexual relations with an undead specimen, but as previously noted, the nature of Solanum suggests a high danger of infection". So yes, Solanum can be transmitted through sexual intercourse. However, zombies cannot become pregnant because their bodies are dead. Their reproductive organs do not function.

awaqu
and one more thing. All though it is very extreme, will only a small portion of people left in the world ,it must of happened; If a mother is pregnant and gets infected, would the baby become infected inside her womb, as they share blood, or would it die?

I suppose the baby would be infected, as well.

That makes for a disturbing image, doesn't it? A zombie baby bursting forth from its infected mother's womb? Or eating her from the inside.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:43 pm
If you did a zombie, you would get infected, but in the words itself it doesn't state if its an STD or not, it could have been a joke of his saying you'd get bitten doing the zombie, but i'm inclined to argue that its not a std because I remember reading in World War Z that infected inviduals who had not turned mass raped virgin women thinking it was a cure, so if it is an STD it is not transmitted until after re-animation.

That being said as I wrote this, I realized that you cannot argue that sex with a zombie would give you Solanum, because I realized its impossible. Zombies have gone through rigour mortis, to Nolifeking's point, so a male zombie couldn't get an erection, ergo a woman couldn't have intercourse with it and as to a female zombie, it doesn't seem physically possible.

The only chance of infection through intercourse would be being bitten.

When a woman gets bitten if she's pregnant, I'd have to argue it depends on the stage of development.

Solanum needs a developed brain so until the later stages, it couldn't reanimate the child, it would just kill it and the mother would re-animate, a undead baby could occur outside the womb if bitten then saved from being eaten or if the woman was in the later stages of pregnancy and then bitten.

However a zombie baby would be of no threat at all because it can't grow teeth, ergo it can't infect  

N for Notorious
Crew

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 am
N for Notorious
If you did a zombie, you would get infected, but in the words itself it doesn't state if its an STD or not, it could have been a joke of his saying you'd get bitten doing the zombie, but i'm inclined to argue that its not a std because I remember reading in World War Z that infected inviduals who had not turned mass raped virgin women thinking it was a cure, so if it is an STD it is not transmitted until after re-animation.

That being said as I wrote this, I realized that you cannot argue that sex with a zombie would give you Solanum, because I realized its impossible. Zombies have gone through rigour mortis, to Nolifeking's point, so a male zombie couldn't get an erection, ergo a woman couldn't have intercourse with it and as to a female zombie, it doesn't seem physically possible.

The only chance of infection through intercourse would be being bitten.

Wrong. Like HIV, Solanum is transmitted through direct contact of a mucous membrane or the bloodstream with a bodily fluid containing Solanum, such as saliva, blood, semen, vaginal fluid, preseminal fluid, and breast milk. Therefore, Solanum can be transmitted through sexual intercourse.

While its true that a male zombie cannot have an erection due to the lack of blood flowing through his body, I don't understand why you think sexual intercourse with a female zombie physically impossible. Sexual intercourse is, essentially, putting a key in a keyhole. It's not like the keyhole disappears after zombification.

N for Notorious
When a woman gets bitten if she's pregnant, I'd have to argue it depends on the stage of development.

Solanum needs a developed brain so until the later stages, it couldn't reanimate the child, it would just kill it and the mother would re-animate, a undead baby could occur outside the womb if bitten then saved from being eaten or if the woman was in the later stages of pregnancy and then bitten.

However a zombie baby would be of no threat at all because it can't grow teeth, ergo it can't infect

Correct. That, however, makes the image no less disturbing.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 pm
fair enough, forgot about the mucus membrane, however Max Brooks gave no evidence on whether or not Solanum caused them to secrete a mucus of the virus after re-animation, which i think is dubious because he specifically said that all of their bodily fluids are clotted during re-animation, so i doubt that it would secrete a mucus after re-animation, ergo it would need to be secreted pre-animation. As for the sex with a female zombie, i wasn't saying that you couldn't do it, I was saying the chances of infection were, unless there was that membrane, impossible, unless it bit you  

N for Notorious
Crew

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:15 pm
N for Notorious
fair enough, forgot about the mucus membrane, however Max Brooks gave no evidence on whether or not Solanum caused them to secrete a mucus of the virus after re-animation, which i think is dubious because he specifically said that all of their bodily fluids are clotted during re-animation, so i doubt that it would secrete a mucus after re-animation, ergo it would need to be secreted pre-animation.

All bodily fluids do not dry up or congeal after death. Also, recall that Solanum significantly slows the rate of decomposition.

N for Notorious
As for the sex with a female zombie, i wasn't saying that you couldn't do it, I was saying the chances of infection were, unless there was that membrane, impossible, unless it bit you

You said, and I quote, "it doesn't seem physically possible".

As I said above, all bodily fluids do not dry up or congeal after death, so there are still going to be some bodily fluids within a dead body. If you are exposed to any of them, your chances of infection are high. Max Brooks says so on page 4 of The Zombie Survival Guide, which I also quoted above.

The bottom line is, anybody who has sex with a zombie doesn't deserve to live, anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:19 pm
NoLifeKing66

The bottom line is, anybody who has sex with a zombie doesn't deserve to live, anyway.

Exactly. Now why is this such a popular topic?  

Screep

N for Notorious
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:24 pm
lol im going to defer to you on this one, i also pulled out my copy and re-read it, i apologize, i was getting my points on fluids congealing mixed up with some points on the "Sturgeon" project mentioned at the end, my bad  
The Apocalypse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff