Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trelweny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:12 pm
Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
reposted rp
page 11500

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
A young man traipsed through the woods, a soft smile on his searching & intelligent face. Every once in a while he would pause, the striped feline ears on his head twitching. It was nice to have found somewhere where he had been accepted, by a 'family' of sorts that took him in unquestioningly. But there was someone he needed to find.

Besides, the day was too beautiful not to go out & see it with his own eyes.

Brother, where could you be? Alphonse Elric thought to himself as his black boots crunched upon the forest floor as he left it, heading out into an open field. His red coat snapped in the wind as it caught him, the tail of his ponytail echoing the movement but softer. He passed the lake, headed towards the cliffs. And beyond. To another forest. One in which the others like him said was a tower, where often those like them had come. He wanted to see... Maybe his brother was near there.

BlackPidgeot
Another, red coated young man had placed himself out there in the wilderness, giving himself some space and time to think. A small meadow scattered with the occasional boulder. One of which he sat beside, back against it and arms folded behind his head. A pair of floppy dog ears adoring his head and mingling with golden hair that was twisted into a braid.

Half-lidded gold eyes stared at the sky above, watching the clouds go by as he chewed lazily upon a piece of grass. A warm and equally lazy summer day it seemed. Edward Elric didn't appear to have a care in the world, but then appearances could be decieving.

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
He crossed more lands, not really in a hurry though he had destination in mind. It was not a true destination, really. Just one of those times when someplace is picked simply to have somewhere to go. Better than wandering completely aimlessly. Besides... if he was unlucky in his true purpose, there was always the chance that someone in the area might have seen or heard something... anything.

Al sighed looking up at the sky to see a bird shadow across the sun as he stepped from between some trees into a meadow of sorts. He smiled at the bird, its freedom, letting himself mentally soar with it a moment. Another deep breath of the fresh air. Having a body again was wonderful. If only...

He glanced across the meadow, half looking at best. It was dotted with boulders and one... Brown-gold eyes blinked and the youth started to walk towards the splash of color and darkness that seemed out of place amidst the green of the meadow & the grays & browns of the stones. Far too much black... and red...

Alphonse broke into a jog. "Brother?" He called hopefully, not quite a shout. "Brother is that you?"

BlackPidgeot
The afternoon was perfect and he was a bit tired from his own traveling. The temperature was just right and the breeze was soothing... to the point that Ed thought that taking a nap might not be such a bad idea. Infact, his eyes closed... the only sign that he was still awake being the waving of the grass stalk as he chewed on it. However, a voice caught his attention. Far enough to perhaps be mistaken as something else.. but to him.. it was recognizable. As if from a distant dream.

Eyes opened immediately as he heard the voice again. Arms unfolding and the dog eared alchemist pushing himself up enough to peer over the boulder and look in the direction it had come. Blink. He saw a figure coming his way. Someone who seemed to share his taste in clothing for that matter. But wait.. he knew that sandy brown hair and those eyes.

"Al?" he asked dumbfoundedly, not seeming to believe what he was seeing. Not only was it his brother, but he wasn't a soul trapped in a suit of armor.

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
Gold hair, gold eyes, a familiar dumbfounded expression... wait, dog ears? Well he had cat ears so...

His face lit up radiantly. Alphonse's jog was nearly a run now. "Brother!!!" Ed better watch out, his baby brother was about to tackle him and squeeze the living daylights out of him in a hug.

BlackPidgeot
"AL!" Edward practicly lept to his feet, still in a state of shock and disbelief that his brother was right there before him... and... running in his direction... with that killer hug look in his eyes. Oh geez.

Eyes went wide and Edward stiffened, preparing for the impact which was inevitable. A cry of surprise as he was promptly tackled to the ground and squeezed. "Al... can't... breathe!" he squeaked, eyes practicly bugging out of his head.

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
But Alphonse was laughing too much to hear right away, a light trickle of tears falling from his eyes. Tears felt good. Especially these tears. "Brother!!"

A pause then he was laughing again, sheepishly letting his 'big' brother loose a little. Smiling. Hugging tight. Loosening. Smiling again. Al sat back, hands holding him up from behind, feet on the ground, knees up. "We're here!"

Yeah. That seemed to sum it up.

BlackPidgeot
Once Alphonse loosened his grip and let Edward breathe again, the older of the two looked to his brother with a soft smile. "Yeah..." was his reply, before Ed moved forward to hug his brother back but in a less constricting fashion. His brother.. in the flesh. However, the younger Elric might noticed the hard feel of automail underneath Ed's own coat as he embraced him. Seems that Edward wasn't as lucky. Although now that metal arm came around Al's neck in a playful manner before a noogie was bestowed, a silly grin plastered on the elder's face. Ha! That's what he gets for the bone crushing hug!

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
Alphonse didn't notice right away that Edward had his automail. He was too happy to be alive too happy to have found Ed!

Then... gah! caught! Noogie!! "Ah! Brother! Cut it out!" He tried to pull Ed's arm away. Strong. Too strong. He slowed in fighting off the noogie, a sad thoughtful look on his young face. Both gloved hands reached up to the arm around his neck, twisting in reverse for a playful burn. But he knew without Ed's reaction what it would tell him. Alphonse twisted, brown-gold eyes softly seeking golden ones. "Brother...?" Behind him, Al's banded tail flicked. Why was his brother not whole too?

BlackPidgeot
here was a laugh as Al protested the noogie, but things changed as Alphonse seemed to notice. The grin faded and his grip around his brother slackened as Edward sighed. The unspoken question was posed and Ed turned his gaze away from Al's. "Yeah.. its still there. I don't know why...I guess I'm still paying the price." His voice was solemn, as the subject dredged up old memories. Of how he had become this way... arm and leg replaced by mechanical prosthetics. Then a sad smile came to Ed's face as he finally looked to his brother again, placing his hands on hsi shoulders. "But you have your body back, Al." And the happiness that brings overcame the disappointment in lacking his own natural limbs.

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
There was a softness and perhaps a wisdom in his young eyes, sad & solemn look within them as his brother turned his gaze away. Al could guess what he was thinking. He often thought of it too. Their failure. How Ed's quick thinking & sacrifice & called his soul back. Their journey to fix it... well some of that was sketchy but he at least knew it had happened.

But he smiled as Ed looked back at him again and he felt the difference clearly of the two hands upon his shoulders. "I do." He was still thoughtful, but nothing was meshing or clear enough to bring up.

"So Brother... how long have you been here?" Was that mischief in the younger Elric's brown-gold eyes, his gloved hand reaching up to scratch behind his brother's golden dog ear same as he would do to any dog passed on the street. "Dog...." He was giggling, eyes seeming to tease something ... something Edward had said when they were both still going to try to be state alchemists.

((continued page 11529))
BlackPidgeot
The question caused Edward to ponder for a moment, "Not long... a few days" he admitted with a shrug of his shoulders. However, a scowl of annoyance was given when Alphonse scritched behind his ear. Using a hand to fend off his younger brother, "Quit it!" Nevermind that it did feel kinda good... darnit. Stupid... dogness, or something.

Huffing, Ed folded his arms across his chest, looking peeved. "I guess I really am a dog of the military now, huh?" Quite literally at that. One eye then peeked open and he smirked, reaching out to lightly tug at Al's tail. "And you're a cat, heh." A roll of his eyes as he remembered how Alphonse liked to pick up any stray cat he came across. How incredibly fitting for him.

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
Al burst into giggles. That was exactly what he had been implying. It did not even matter that Ed had pushed his hands away from petting... he could probably do it again. "Yep!"

Then he yelped as his tail was pulled. "Hey! Not for yanking, Brother!" Alphonse stuck his tongue out then grinned. "Yeah. It's kinda... nice, you know. Different but... I think I like it."

He must, for he started to purr softly. A fact that brought a slow blush to his cheeks.

BlackPidgeot
Grinning triumphantly at his brother's protests, he let go of the tail and smirked. That's what he gets for tweaking his ears! However.. then the purring came and Ed's eyes widened slightly before he burst out in laughter. Finding the idea of Al purring to be very amusing.

However, once he contained himself, Ed settled back in the grass... resuming his chewing. "So... how long have you been here?" he then asked back. Ed hadn't really done much, but perhaps his sibling had?

Trelweny RosePhoenixWolf
Al managed a "not funny, Brother!" before laughing himself, hugging his knees and looking up at the sky. he had to think about Ed's question. "Hmmm... maybe three or four days? The first ones were kind of disorienting. Then I found this magical cabin with a strange huge family living there and they... took me in. But it's busy. So Bellamue let me stay at her smaller cottage a bit away. It's easier to take them all in with somewhere to go to breathe. Today I set out hoping maybe I'd find you, Brother." His smile brightened his face. "I'm glad I did. Wasn't sure I would."

last post: ]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=11531&t=14312363#1278937178

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 pm
You could practicly see the question marks hovering over Edward's head as Alphonse spoke. The blonde looking decidedly lost as he spoke of a magical house with a huge family, and a small cottage..and who was Bellamue? However, an endearing smile came to the alchemist's face when his brother said he was glad to have found him.

"I'm glad too" he said quietly. Edward sat in silence for a moment before finally hoping to his feet and stretching his limbs. "So.. now that we've found each other... what should we do?" Tapping a finger to his chin in thought. It would be nice if things could be like they were... you know.. before. Although now that Al wasn't a suit of armor, things were already off to a good start.

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Trelweny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:44 pm
The younger Elric was not at all surprised to lose his brother in that explanation. It all still confused him. He turned his face back to catch Ed's smile, & smiled back. Sure was nice to be able to smile.

Alphonse simply watched his brother as Ed stood & stretched. "I don't know. Try to find a philosopher's stone for you?" A gentle smile melted away into thoughtfulness. Some nearly forgotten memory about how philosopher's stones were made. Then something else. "Maybe..." Al pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Maybe we should visit the lady who lives in the tower nearby. I don't know why, brother, but I feel she has something to do with why I, well... why I'm me again."

He was no longer looking at his brother, gold-brown eyes taking in his own living flesh arms and legs in a sort of rapt wonder.

ANTHROBreedables

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games