Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The American Military Guild
Saddam and the Mystery Noose

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think they purposely made Saddam suffer strangulation vs. his neck snapping?
  Yes he deserved it
  No, they probably didn't realize it
  Maybe, middle eastern countries and Britain perfected the execution by noose of strangulation or neck snapping, they could have did it on purpose
  I dont know, but thats kind of weird you would think about this sort of thing *and yes, but I love studying anything :) *
View Results

RegalAnastasia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 pm
Well not so much ashamed to say I have an obsession with the noose and studying executions.

While sitting in the hospital last night for my heart, My boyfriend pulled up a very cool point about the 13 coil noose. I let him know that the point of having the coils is to produce strangulation vs. neck snapping and dying unconscious. The strangulation is more torture and more inhumane. So I remember looking at Saddam's picture of his noose and I saw that he had I believe 13 coils. Then they said the man executing him placed a scarf on his neck before the noose was placed to provide "comfort". Well If they really wanted Saddam to die a little more humane *versus letting him get shot to death as a soldiers execution would be*, they hanged him. But even more so...

They wanted him to suffer

I may be crazy or wrong but this is my personal opinion.

Its a mind trip

He thinks he is getting comfort by the scarf when actually it absorbs the shock of the fall and then the drawing of the body up. This causes the strangulation to go on a lot more. This is torture. I heard from people that they were upset that Saddam didn't really suffer for death. But if they didn't want him to suffer they would have slip knotted the noose like they sometimes use and then short dropped him instead of standard drop, to break his neck, wait for his heart stop, thus pronouncing him dead.

With these thoughts in mind

This is cruel and sad

but yet provides clarity and peace of mind for me.

Melissa  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:37 pm
I watched his execution on youtube and it seemed like a pretty quick death, seeing as how all the guts in his neck were hanging out. Saddam's fat brother was worse, he had his head taken clean off!  

Bossman Joe
Captain

The American Military Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces