87%  [ 7 ]
Pokemon
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Dragon_Caesar001
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 am
WIKI SAYS: Pokémon is a media franchise phenomenon owned by the video game company Nintendo and created by Satoshi Tajiri around 1995. Originally released as a pair of interlinkable Game Boy role-playing video games, Pokémon has since become the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, behind only Nintendo's Mario series. Pokémon properties have since been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, books, and other media. The franchise celebrated its tenth anniversary on February 27, 2006, and as of 1 December 2006, cumulative sold units of the video games have reached more than 155 million copies.

I SAY: A gameboy owner's must in my opin. Lets face it if you didnt own that for your gameboy you have not lived the gameboy era, a sad day for the missing. Like it or not Pokemon is probibly the best hand-held RPG you can nab for yourself. Even today still churning out Pokemon Diamond and Pear (and Platinum coming this fall) No other game can compare with its easy 'pick up and play' and even easier simplistic role play style. The concept of it hasnt even change all that much over the years only improved and made more tactical. Only draw back is the anime will make you want to kill yourself.
-'I wanna be the very best ... like no one ever was...'

WIKI SAYS: Digimon, short for "Digital Monsters" is a popular Japanese series of media and merchandise, including anime, manga, toys, video games, trading card games and other media. Digimon are monsters of various forms living in a "Digital World," a parallel universe that originated from Earth's various communication networks. Digimon started out as a digital pet called "Digital Monster," similar in style and concept to the Tamagotchi. It was planned by Wiz and released by Bandai on June 26, 1997. The toy began as the simple concept of a Tamagotchi for boys. The v-pet is similar to its predecessors, with the exceptions of being much harder and being able to connect to fight other Digimon v-pets. Every owner would start with a Baby Digimon, train it, evolve it, take care of it, and then have battles with other Digimon owners to see who was stronger. The Digimon pet had several evolution capabilities and abilities too, so many owners had many different Digimon. In December, the second generation of Digital Monster was released, followed by a third edition in 1998. Now the new Tamagotchi Digimon is Pendulum that has a total of 9 in the series.

I SAY: While Pokemon hit the shelves as a full fledged game in 1995, Digimon made its dabue as a little virtual pet keychain which rocked sumthin awesome. If you have one still on your house keys your prolly the king of geeks but thats a memerbilia you'll have to pry from my cold dead digi data! While digi has a game department selection that ranges from piss poor to hidden treasure its anime is probibly one of the coolest if you wanna talk child level anime and a delight for all ages. Digimon themselves are arguably cooler aesthetically speaking and in selection as well. From Angel and Devil motif mons to all the elements you can think of. Lets not forget it beat pokemon in Steel AND Dark type, prolly light type too. But I digress, the digi-anime maybe fledgling now with Savers (arguably the worst in the series) and the recent hand held installments of Dawn and Dusk are a carbon copy of the old Dragon Warrior Monster game but lets visit back to the PS1 Digimon World, which took a page from its V-Pet counter part. You raised a little digi-baby and depending on how you took care of it affected its Digi-volution. In my opin it should return to those good ol days and just expand the possible digivolutions. Without a doubt Digimon has great potential to take pokemon down a notch, it has all the cool monsters to do it. It just needs a creative and intuitive RPG battle system to show pokemon how its done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:07 am
so much reading "has a stroke after reading one sentance" can i have a shot version lol  

Shun Kajuji
Captain

Dragon_Caesar001
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:00 pm
Pokemon has crappy anime but better games

Digimon has the potential to have better games but its still untapped and has a solid anime  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:41 pm
Lion_8
Pokemon has crappy anime but better games

Digimon has the potential to have better games but its still untapped and has a solid anime

and for the most part i agree dut i did like most of the digimon games excepts a few really bad once >.< pokemon the majorty of their games gave me long hours of amusement ^=^  

Shun Kajuji
Captain

Rennis Tora

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:34 pm
Yes, digimon shall forever be in our hearts, though I am sad to admit that as a child I enjoyed pokemon more, but once season 3 came around something changed in me(maybe it was renamon heart )and digimon soon replaced pokemon in my life as an otaku, although I still play yellow edition every now and then on my GBcolor.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:21 pm
Hoshi no tama
Yes, digimon shall forever be in our hearts, though I am sad to admit that as a child I enjoyed pokemon more, but once season 3 came around something changed in me(maybe it was renamon heart )and digimon soon replaced pokemon in my life as an otaku, although I still play yellow edition every now and then on my GBcolor.

Yes, Go Season three.

I must say that Digimon is better because you have a lot more mature concepts that you can deal with that it doesn't... it has a lot more potential then Pokemon and a lot more easier tapped potential.... There should be more with Depth and quality of X Evo in Digimon.  

FrozenTwins

sorrowscall
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 pm
FrozenTwins
Hoshi no tama

Yes, Go Season three.

I must say that Digimon is better because you have a lot more mature concepts that you can deal with that it doesn't... it has a lot more potential then Pokemon and a lot more easier tapped potential.... There should be more with Depth and quality of X Evo in Digimon.
I don't like the unrealisticness of Pokemon. Digimon, however, has always maintained at the very least a minimum of reality and how the entrance of the digital montser would affect it. Pokemon, on the other hand, a monster appears and people think "catch". Digimon, a monster appears and people start freaking out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm
Digimon in my oponion is just overall better...Digimon and Pokemons audience revolve around the same age..But Digimon is just way better story and unlike pokemon the monsters actually talk. For me I could careless about a mouse speaking to a human by saying pika pika pika pika. And then having the main character understand him, pokemon is repetitive gotta catch em all, and try to win the leauge thing. Digimon actually has a great story with death and betrayl. They can evolve just like pokemon except they can revert back to other forms PLUS the digimon can choose to be evil or not. When a pokemon is caught they preety much have to obey their master. Pokemon is more for lil kids while Digimon is for ppl that are slightly older.  

RikusDusk

Shun Kajuji
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:33 am
RikusDusk
Digimon in my oponion is just overall better...Digimon and Pokemons audience revolve around the same age..But Digimon is just way better story and unlike pokemon the monsters actually talk. For me I could careless about a mouse speaking to a human by saying pika pika pika pika. And then having the main character understand him, pokemon is repetitive gotta catch em all, and try to win the leauge thing. Digimon actually has a great story with death and betrayl. They can evolve just like pokemon except they can revert back to other forms PLUS the digimon can choose to be evil or not. When a pokemon is caught they preety much have to obey their master. Pokemon is more for lil kids while Digimon is for ppl that are slightly older.

that is a very good point and i find it to be completly true, if pokemon could talk it might make a series better but then again what would they have to say i can see them saying something like this "oh god please help me he stole me from my family i want to go back home" and such stuff like that and as for ther stor digimon so dose a better job at least they try ti mix things up abit it make them not so repetitive  
~the digital zone~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games