Reply Deathrock
Meeting Nick Cave

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DontPanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 am
I have to brag. I went to the Bad Seeds show in Chicago, and afterwards went to a diner with some friends a bit away.
As we were getting up to go, who should walk in but ******** Nick Cave, Warren Ellis, and Mick Harvey.
He commented how he likes the BFs Alien Sex Fiend Patch- and when asked if he could do birthday party songs, he started singing to us Nick The Stripper. :3
He even asked for the BFs phone to record himself, thereby giving us the most amazing ringtone ever.
So yeah, the boyfriend and I shook his hand and got signatures and left them to eat.

BUT HOW AMAZING IS THAT?

Adding to that the fact I touched Peter Murphy too, I think I can die happy. haha

Now if Only Siouxsie would come around again........

Now: Who have you met? Touched? Took photos with? Discuss.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 pm
eek  

Pein and Pleasure
Crew

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 pm
Wut wut wut wut wut

Holy ******** s**t, am I jealous, that's ******** amazing O_O That'd be the best night of my life. WOW, nice going, you should like... find a way to share that ringtone if possible redface  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:20 am
Ummm Umm..... Brett Anderson, the singer of the Donnas lol

I covered the Donnas for a local newspaper I write for. I'm personally not much of a fan (bit too chic pop punk for me). The singer was walking around and one of my friends, who happens to be a huge Donnas fan, pointed her out. I wanted to take a picture of only her but my friend had me get in the picture and Brett wrapped her arm around my head and took the picture without a single bit of awkwardness, it turned out to be a cool photo. I'm still not much of a fan but I give them props for doing a special fan appreciation show out in the middle of no where.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, had a brief conversation with John Easdale, singer of Dramarama. Talk about a sweetheart!

This probably doesn't count, but I very quickly spoke to Kirsten Dunst and Jessica Biel to explain the voting ballot to them at a film festival I volunteered at in Palm Springs. Two more people I'm personally not fans of. I guess I should actually put more effort into meeting people I admire. Kirsten Dunst is ok.  

Cat Im a Kitty Kat

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 am
XD I went to the DC show on the fifth. Nick touched my face during Stagger Lee and signed my copy of King Ink towards the end of The Weeping Song. I couldn't stick around to see if he emerged from the stage door as it was getting late and my friend and I had a metro train to catch. It's awesome you got to meet him though.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:57 pm
Aww he played The Weeping Song at your show, he didn't play it in Hollywood sad I love that song. That's awesome about being up front, I was pretty far from the stage. He was funny with the front audience peeps.  

Cat Im a Kitty Kat

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:40 pm
Cat Im a Kitty Kat
Aww he played The Weeping Song at your show, he didn't play it in Hollywood sad I love that song. That's awesome about being up front, I was pretty far from the stage. He was funny with the front audience peeps.

Yeah, it was sort of sad as of course, Blixa wasn't there. But it was still really awesome to hear live. It was a great rendition. YESSS, He is hilarious with the people in the front, there were some New Zealanders behind us who he kept picking on.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:36 am
you are unbeliveably lucky young lady >.< nick cave and siouxsie have been around here in cali for a while although i havent had a chance to go watch either of them perform which is such a downer because recently i missed a free show of nick cave down in l.a. :< everyone was so disappointed because it was last minute.

I'm lucky if i get a chance to go to ipso facto to watch free concerts because its in fullerton.

I've met the lead singer of stone 588 terry she's very kind she owns ipso facto me and her have had discussions of bats day and how she should sell stuff there she usually discusses how the economy has gone downward since everyone orders from ebay and amazon instead of buying cds and merchandise from stores and actual bands at shows. But I told her well if people keep going to your shows and paying then your still getting a lil bit of profit i know its not fully what she diserves but having some fans go instead of none at all is better then nothing.
She's a great lady she actually gave me a job interview before and we've talked about my art and my gf etc... shes pretty cool.
I guess it's just that way when you live near someone it just becomes natural to you i don't really even think her that much of a celebrity just as a nice person and im a regular customer who just socializes . I think she likes that though instead of being idolized.
heart  

Konatafangrl

Good Heroine
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:14 am
I'm just going to throw this here.

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1924323,00.html

New Nick Cave interview, if you don't say something nice about it he'll hunt you down and kill you.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 pm
O.O

Oh d**k...
I wanna meet Nick Cave

O.O

Cool interview btw  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:24 am