Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply - Fantasy / Science Fiction RP
Garden in the Labyrinth Schwanereen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you like Margem's example of a thread?
  Cool.
  Example?
  Pfft. Let me RP!
  Whatever.
  I like bananas! *random poll option*
View Results

Margem
Vice Captain

High-functioning Bibliophile

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:10 am
There is a rumor that one can find his/her true love by passing into the Labyrinth of Schwanereen and arriving to the garden at the center of the labyrinth the same time as his/her true love. No one has confirmed this, however, so no one knows if it is real.

"Once entered, never returned" says a sign outside the entrance of the labyrinth.

Why is this? Because those that have entered have never returned - ever. All that have known those that have disappeared into this labyrinth have never seen them since. Some say the labyrinth is cursed, killing all that enter. Others say that there is an escape from the labyrinth found in the middle of the garden, if it exists.

The labyrinth is a quiet land-marker on the border of the forest of Leriz. No sounds are heard coming from the interior of the labyrinth no matter where the listener stands.

Another rumor says that the labyrinth is a multi-dimensional place: spanning time between eras and distance between planets. This goes along with the idea that the brave/stupid/courageous have been lost because they've been put in another time and/or another planet without a way of returning.

Who knows what is in this labyrinth? Who dares enter it, without the possibility of returning?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 am
(reserved)  

Margem
Vice Captain

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500

MaverickShin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 pm
{Name: Sain Richardson
Bio: Everyone called Sain crazy and deranged. Since a young age, he's been prone to random outbursts of strong emotion or violence, without reason or warning. He thinks of abstract ideas such as the meaning of life and if he really exists constantly. Even though he seems to have a few screws loose, he's extremely intelligent. He recently graduated high school with an average GPA of 4.13 and an SAT score of 2200. On the other hand, Sain became a street fighter about the same time he entered high school, using a mixed martial art taught to him at a local dojo. He only began fighting because of the constant insults and nagging from other kids who picked on his emotional instability. Learning how to fight only made him more dangerous during his rapid mood shifts, and people soon started to avoid him altogether. With no friends to distract him, Sain dedicated all of his time to training his body, studying, and writing. For the most part, he never told anyone what he was writing, but someone eventually took a peek at his journal and saw theories of existence and some thoughts of suicide.

After graduation, Sain was flooded with college information, but he turned them all down. He left his parents and life in search of the legendary Labyrinth of Schwanereen, where it is said no man has ever returned. He saw it as a chance to prove both his fighting prowess and, should he return and debunk the myth, proof of his existence. If he never returns? In his own words, "Meh. No one would miss me."

User Image}  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:36 pm
Sain stood with his arms stoically crossed, staring into the gate that was the entrance of the labyrinth. He examined the trees around the gate, looking for any sign of animal life. Unsurprisingly, he found none. Sain chuckled.
"So, this is what everyone is so afraid of?" He said, returning his gaze to the entrance. Finally, he began to walk towards the entrance. Just before the thresh hold, he paused. "None have returned. I've nothing to lose from this, is this life didn't mean anything to begin with." And with one confident step forward, he crossed over into the labyrinth.  

MaverickShin

Margem
Vice Captain

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:40 pm
MaverickShin
Sain stood with his arms stoically crossed, staring into the gate that was the entrance of the labyrinth. He examined the trees around the gate, looking for any sign of animal life. Unsurprisingly, he found none. Sain chuckled.
"So, this is what everyone is so afraid of?" He said, returning his gaze to the entrance. Finally, he began to walk towards the entrance. Just before the thresh hold, he paused. "None have returned. I've nothing to lose from this, is this life didn't mean anything to begin with." And with one confident step forward, he crossed over into the labyrinth.

[OOC: Is he just going in there for the heck of it or are you wanting him to find his 'true love'? AKA, we could find someone (other than me) to RP a true love unless you want me to... That is, if you want that....]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 pm
OOC: As it says in Sain's bio, he's only going to prove his existence, by doing something that no one else has (at least, that proves it in his mind). He's not really interested in love, but if someone wants to pair up with him I wouldn't mind.  

MaverickShin

MaverickShin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:25 pm
OOC: So...no one else is interested in this RP?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 pm
((OOC: I think I might join the thread as a fairy but... ummm.... {Stupid homework! sweatdrop 3nodding }.

I mean... I am interested in it, obviously, because I made it but right now I don't have much time to be on Gaia, which I have to remind myself.))  

Margem
Vice Captain

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
- Fantasy / Science Fiction RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers