Changing Proprius

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Good
  Okay
  Stop writing right now and throw this piece of crap in the garbage!!!
  Here, have a cookie.
View Results

India Farman

6,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:36 pm
Everyone has a story, whether it is average or extreme. Throughout history, people have recorded their stories in different ways. The common factor is the presentation. Most stories have a prologue, so here is mine…
In 2020, Humans were forced to evacuate earth along with as many species as we could bring along. When genetic engineering had reached its peak, a disease (the government called it Proprius Abeo, which means species change) was born that made the mutations unpredictable to a point where fleeing was the only option. Test groups of the infected animals were also brought along for testing. This information was kept from the public in the area 51 that was constructed on our temporary planet. It was estimated that it would take about 50 years for the disease to die from lack of hosts. We decided to divide our population among three planets with which we had arranged peace. We would stay for approximately 60 years before returning to Earth.
I, being among the human test group, was the only delay in our return. Would the test group be left on the main guest-planet, or would we be taken along? This decision was one that would change my life forever…

Chapter 1

Brainwashing by definition is the control of any being by means of torture, drugs, mental stress techniques, or simply lying. The community system had originated in North America in the 2080’s. It is taught throughout education, that back then; the world was controlled by the need for a thing they called money… just green paper that they exchanged for goods. That all ended in 2054 with one man. They say he was called a president (how strange is it that everything could be put into the hands of one man or woman? I mean, here sir, here’s complete and total control and the ability to destroy the world, now go have fun! It is amazing they lasted as long as they did with such a flawed system). His name was John Martin Green. Green had come up with the idea of a system that he called community. Each individual in a community had a job and performed it in exchange for goods and technology. Each state was broken into three communities that had a counsel but no true control was given to any group of individuals, including the Faylin-counselors. It is written that in a speech of his he said, “The true reason for community is that the world is dying. People are destroying earth and each other and it must stop. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that community will help with this problem. Technology will be altered and made more efficient and everyone will have access to any item so there will be no need for war. We will stop creating weapons and begin creating a new world; one where any given human being can live his or her entire life without an unhappy thought. Some may say that there will be war over religion or prejudice, but I have a solution for that as well, I’ve begun working on a government program that, by the use of a pill, relieves people of violent thought. It is being tested on animals and we have successfully improved the stress patterns in several species…” it was a perfect society. We began making changes and combining our genetic material with other species in an attempt to perfect the human body.
The community system, put into effect in the year 2080, ten years before we would return to Earth, was used in all segments of society; and I, a test subject, was one of the only humans whose genetic makeup refused to accept the effects of the daily pill. I was violent. I knew that I was not meant to be in captivity, and I despised my keepers, except one. Lloyd Alexander Shaw, my main keeper, was 17 (like me). He had been spliced with a cat, thus giving him glowing green eyes that hypnotized me and drove me into a sort of peaceful trance. He was extremely agile, so he helped me with my daily exorcises, and very intelligent, which made him even more likable because he didn’t try to change me (horrible choice of words).
I had been combined with a screech owl, which gave me my wild nature, golden eyes, and long wings with which I began learning to fly the day I first kissed Lloyd…  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:15 pm
hmmm, i was hoping for some feedback before i posted any more of the story... no matter, ill just wait a bit longer...  

India Farman

6,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

India Farman

6,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:18 pm
I wrote more and here it is......... but I haven't edited it yet...

(November 27, 2090)

“Hey, cutie!” I was startled by the sudden disturbance of quiet when Lloyd entered my cell.
“Hello”, I replied, trying to calm my heightened senses.
“How’s my favorite predator?”
“Extinct,” I said grumpily. I then realized whom I was talking to and added, “but I’m good, you?” Lloyd laughed but the embarrassment was too much for me, so I just smiled back.
“Do you want to warm up,” as he was talking, I moved toward him, I could feel my pulse rate double and my wings tighten, “or…” THUD! With a quick jerk of my leg, I kicked his feet out from under him. “Oww!” he hit the ground harder than I meant for him to.
“Oh, sorry Lloyd,” I said, kneeling beside him, “I thought you were ready.”
“I was,” he thought this would catch me off guard, but I read his voice and darted out of his reach. He did, however, surprise me when he leaped after me and caught me in midair. We fell to the ground, but he landed first, breaking my fall. “Ouch!”
“You just can’t seem to learn that cats are supposed to land on their feet.”
“I was a clumsy human.”
"Oh-" then he kissed me and with a sudden rush of confused energy, I pushed off the ground and soared around the room before landing once again in front of Lloyd. “Wow… I’ve never actually flew before.” Lloyd smiled and I blushed.
“Sorry about that.”
“Why?”
“Well, it’s against the rules, for one-” just then, I grabbed and kissed him again.
“You waited three years because of a stupid rule?” Lloyd grinned.
“Three for you?”
“Well, yeah… you can’t count the first two because I didn’t know you very well and I was too busy trying to escape… and before that you weren’t my keeper.”
“I’m just teasing you… but mine was four.”
“Amazing self control… teach me your ways!” I smiled and kissed him again.
“I’ll work on it, but for now let’s focus on those wings.”
“They tried to get me to fly before, but it wouldn’t work, even when I tried.”
“The disease might have actually slowed your mutations, limiting them to your mind; and you aren’t done changing yet. You could take on other changes, even characteristics of other animals. We took too long being afraid of the Abeo and not enough time trying to study and alter it.”
“You’re forgetting that we want to cure me, not make it worse… I may be stronger and faster with more capabilities and cool animal characteristics, but I won’t live as long. My biological clock-”
“I’ve dedicated my life to research, I invented the vaccination that keeps the disease from being contagious to further that research, and I'm doing it to cure you, not push you.”
“Why not? I have no rights.” Lloyd looked down, seeming hurt. “Look, I'm sorry… I just get bitter.”
“You have every right… your strength is killing you, I would hate everyone too.”
“But I don’t hate you; I just got mixed up… I'm sorry.” I pulled Lloyd into a hug and told him I’d see him later. Then he went off to consult Dr. Walker about my flying. I wouldn’t see him ‘till morning.  
Short Stories!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games