The Greatest Achievement of Mankind

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:45 pm
In my opinion, it would be the use of language.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:53 pm
Convincing God we needed a companion (woman) with larger breasts than our own.

*chuckles* Just kidding just kidding.

Discovering how very little we know. Can that be considered an accomplishment?  

Niniva

Ketsuyin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:18 pm
The greatest accomplishment of mankind is soap.

Without the idea that we need to be clean and aesthetically appealing we would never have started cleaning ourselves, so there would be much more diesease. And on top of that, it was this same idea that lead to wearing clothing. And trying to avoid disease led to the practice of medicine. In a sense, soap is the key to the modern age.

But more seriously I think it was language.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 pm
i would have to agree with language. Possibly mathematics.

The internet is an amazing achievement also; although not as important as language and math.  

Budou Bushi

LesbianBarbieTM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm
Ketsuyin

Without the idea that we need to be clean and aesthetically appealing we would never have started cleaning ourselves, so there would be much more diesease. And on top of that, it was this same idea that lead to wearing clothing. And trying to avoid disease led to the practice of medicine. In a sense, soap is the key to the modern age.

You're a Donnie Darko fan, I see. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:21 pm
LesbianBarbieTM
Ketsuyin

It seems there is a soap scene in Donnie Darko that I have forgotten.

I'll have to remind you, though, that soap wasn't an invention of makind, it was a discovery.

Example:
A window was an invention
Glass was a discovery  

27x
Crew

Niniva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:06 am
snake79797

The internet is an amazing achievement also; although not as important as language and math.

Mathmatics is not an invention of mankind. We didn't invent numbers, we just devised a way to count them using normal language. No mathmatician would ever say math was invented....if it was invented it's fallable, if it always existed it has the possibility of being flawless.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:54 am
The greatest invention of mankind is the "formula" on how to survive,taken if that were be,dust we are.  

Zarfione

x3 SuGarr CoOkiie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:53 pm
27x
LesbianBarbieTM
Ketsuyin

I'll have to remind you, though, that soap wasn't an invention of makind, it was a discovery.

Example:
Glass was a discovery

The Window was an invention as was glass, it is just not something we usually think about. Glass is something inorganic and is created when you burn Silica at a high temperature. It wasn't something humans just came across, thus it is an invention.

Soap was an invention because it too is something not found in nature, man created it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 pm
x3 SuGarr CoOkiie
27x
LesbianBarbieTM
Ketsuyin

Example:
Glass was a discovery

The Window was an invention as was glass, it is just not something we usually think about. Glass is something inorganic and is created when you burn Silica at a high temperature. It wasn't something humans just came across, thus it is an invention.

Soap was an invention because it too is something not found in nature, man created it.

Both wrong.
Glass occurs naturally; some sponges use nutrients in seawater to create glass spindles that they use for a flexible skeleton.

When the romans sacraficed things by burning them on a particular hill, the chemicals that came from the act mixed together(lye from the wood ashes and fat from the bodies; lye and fat are the ingredients in the most basic kind of soap), and slowly slid down one side of the hill; it got into the water. The result was that the people on the soap side were washing their clothes with soap, and they eventually turned from dark brown to white. They then declared that their water was better. xd It's a very funny story. You can see it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap if you don't believe me.

Therefore, flesh that mixes with ash and reaches water can turn into soap.
This would obviously occur with any animal trapped in a forest fire. Therefore, it happened naturally before it was ever attempted by man. wink  

27x
Crew

Niniva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 am
x3 SuGarr CoOkiie
27x
LesbianBarbieTM
Ketsuyin

Example:
Glass was a discovery

actually as was stated above already 27x Glass is certainly naturally occuring. We definately discovered it. Just as we didn't invent oxygen to fuel our fires, we did not invent glass.

If you would like to see glass in nature you don't have to look to biology either, lightning strikes sand in florida all the time, if you find where the lightning strikes the sand and dig down a little ways you can find where the lightning strike has super heated the sand and turned into a glass shape that looks much like a bolt of lightning, they call it frozen lightning if my memory serves me correctly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am
LesbianBarbieTM
Ketsuyin

lolol.

I THINK that the greatest achievement of man kind is critical thinking!
Rationality is our greatest achievement by FAR friends. 99 percent of people still fail miserably at it, if they are even trying to achieve it.  

Noetical

Intermediate Counselor

Budou Bushi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 am
Niniva
snake79797

Mathmatics is not an invention of mankind. We didn't invent numbers, we just devised a way to count them using normal language. No mathmatician would ever say math was invented....if it was invented it's fallable, if it always existed it has the possibility of being flawless.

I was getting at the formulas not the actual numbers but Yeah i guess i take that one back since we descovered the formulas not invented them stressed  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:58 am
I believe that a significant one would be to claim a statement that is false to be true. No where else can we find evidence of that if I am not mistaken.  

Skanky Randy

Philosophy Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff