Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auria Tetsukai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:39 pm
Forgotten Purity
.x.Jericho.x.
I hope and suspect they will leave the JLA out of it. If they do something with JLA I'm going to have to kill them.... stare

What do you have against the JLA!?

Nothing. Hell, I'd hate a tie-in too. But who better to sum up the reasons than Steel?
Steel
...but I am glad that Batman was not actually brought in for the purposes of the story. We all knew that the Titans were going to make it out of the episode relatively unscathed: It is *how* they manage to accomplish the feat that I was the most worried about when watching the episode. For the more perceptive viewer, the references to Batman brought on the possibility that Batman could potentially come and bail Robin out. While a properly pulled-off cameo could potentially be pretty cool, I'm glad that Batman wasn't brought on the show for a few reasons: Most importantly, the show is entitled "Teen Titans" and not "Teen Titans and their Godlike Bosses." Part of the appeal of the show is the child empowerment, and showing that the Teen Titans can't resolve their own problems without interference from meddling adults sends a contradictory message to what the show has been trying to say in the past. Secondly, an appearance by Batman would trivialize the Titans in the sense that suddenly we know that someone is around to help them out when they get in major scrapes. Wayne Enterprises is an international conglomerate, and knowing that Batman exists is far different than showing that he's around. Finally, while I feel that Teen Titans is not in "continuity"; with the rest of the DC Animated Universe, the appearance of a Batman would totally destroy the ambiguity that the show's producers are going for.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:53 pm
They sort of mentioned Batman in "Go " but his name wasn't really mentioned. For those of you who saw it what was your favorite part? Go in my opinion was a pretty good episode. It kind of made up for the earlier bad ones  

Kahlan_BrightBlade

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Auria Tetsukai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:26 pm
Kahlan_BrightBlade
They sort of mentioned Batman in "Go " but his name wasn't really mentioned. For those of you who saw it what was your favorite part? Go in my opinion was a pretty good episode. It kind of made up for the earlier bad ones

Ahem.

We humble folk of the West Coast HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE DAMN THING YET.

So shut up.

Please.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:54 pm
What's the verdict on season 6 now? Gaah I'm soo confuzzled. gonk confused  

Mew Berry Shirayuki

UpsaleJane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:01 pm
Mew Berry Shirayuki
What's the verdict on season 6 now? Gaah I'm soo confuzzled. gonk confused

Me too. As far as I know, it's still up in the air. *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:56 am
I personally don't think there should be a season 6. It ended well, and I think that anymore would ruin it. There's the movie coming out soon, but I think that that should be it for them.  

Sophi the Costume Ninja

.x.Jericho.x.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:25 am
Auria Tetsukai
Forgotten Purity
.x.Jericho.x.
I hope and suspect they will leave the JLA out of it. If they do something with JLA I'm going to have to kill them.... stare

What do you have against the JLA!?

Nothing. Hell, I'd hate a tie-in too. But who better to sum up the reasons than Steel?
Steel
...but I am glad that Batman was not actually brought in for the purposes of the story. We all knew that the Titans were going to make it out of the episode relatively unscathed: It is *how* they manage to accomplish the feat that I was the most worried about when watching the episode. For the more perceptive viewer, the references to Batman brought on the possibility that Batman could potentially come and bail Robin out. While a properly pulled-off cameo could potentially be pretty cool, I'm glad that Batman wasn't brought on the show for a few reasons: Most importantly, the show is entitled "Teen Titans" and not "Teen Titans and their Godlike Bosses." Part of the appeal of the show is the child empowerment, and showing that the Teen Titans can't resolve their own problems without interference from meddling adults sends a contradictory message to what the show has been trying to say in the past. Secondly, an appearance by Batman would trivialize the Titans in the sense that suddenly we know that someone is around to help them out when they get in major scrapes. Wayne Enterprises is an international conglomerate, and knowing that Batman exists is far different than showing that he's around. Finally, while I feel that Teen Titans is not in "continuity"; with the rest of the DC Animated Universe, the appearance of a Batman would totally destroy the ambiguity that the show's producers are going for.

Exactly. I like the JLA, just not in the Titans' show.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:02 pm
Rajac
I personally don't think there should be a season 6. It ended well, and I think that anymore would ruin it. There's the movie coming out soon, but I think that that should be it for them.
Ended well? The last episode was the WORST way to POSSIBLY end a show! >.<
In my opinion, anyways...  

Erik the Spammer

.:Titan's Tower:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out