Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:37 pm
"I can do all of the above so pick something." Lola poked around in a cabinet then looked at Landford, "Oh and stay out of my kitchen Doc and no one will get hurt. I hate tripping over people. Do you want breakfast, lunch or dinner?" Closing the cabinet she walked to a large walk-in fridge that clearly had been added for the trip and yanked open the large door.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 pm
"Well, if the kitchen is stocked, I think a good pasta dinner is definitely the best way to settle the nerves. Simple, classic and always a hit. Unless you have the hankering for something else?" Dr. Landford said. "You really are the fend-for yourself type. How was it you said that you landed yourself here?"  

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm
Pulling her head out of the fridge Lola looked at Landford with a look that said she was thinking how to answer that, "How? Bad misfortune I would have to say coupled with some stupid mistakes." Shaking her head slightly at her own stupidity Lola closed the fridge and walked back to the cabinet. "Pasta is fine, white, red or cheese sauce? And what kind of pasta specifically?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 am
A fittingly guarded answer from the somewhat abrasive woman. Dr. Landford blinked a bit at the question given their supplies and situation, Dr. Landford assumed she would just make whatever was available.
"I rather enjoy angel hair pasta in a nice cheese sauce. I even love the name! Angel hair pasta, so whimsical." Dr. Landford chuckled.
"Perhaps after a good meal, our collective misfortunes will be visited upon by some good news, eh? At least now, we won't be so pressured by our gainful employers for immediate results!"  

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:39 pm
"Angel hair pasta it is." Grabbing out the ingrediants Lola carried them to a counter then grabbed a large pasta pot and inner pot that matched it to get the water started. "I have a feeling our employers won't be happy when they realize we're not there anymore. This ship is, was, humanity's last hope for a cure so now they're kind of screwed. Bound to make someone angry."  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:21 am
"I can see your point. They will have investigations and what not, trying to figure out what happened. Not that they ever could. I guess we can take solace in the fact that the cure probably is not here at all. The ship itself represents a desperate attempt to combat a similar situation. If a cure is to be found, humanity may have to do it on its own." Dr. Landford said.

"Who knows; maybe this will encourage others to either leave, thereby ensuring the human race survives, or to peruse different avenues of study to develop a cure that yields results. Its a very interesting prospect, especially for those who believe that everything happens for a reason."  

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:19 am
"You forget the quarantine, the only way to get off the planet right now is to be smuggled off and pay quite a huge fee to the people doing the smuggling. Besides, most of our race has no clue how to exist in space, there's a completely different set of rules up here. I don't know how many ships you've been on but this one is top of the line compared with the ones I've been on." Lola took a moment to look around the mess hall and exhaled softly. "Good thing too since this seems to be our new home for a while."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:29 pm
Dezire listened carefully and kept quiet. She was thinking about what could be the fate of the world and humanity. She tried to keep her thinking rational but she got side tracked so much she stood and began pacing.  

Kurai_Yamino

5,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 pm
"Humanity has always been a hardy race. If those who are uninfected turned their minds toward survival, I am optimistic we could squeak by." Dr. Landford sighed. He knew as well as Lola did that what was left of humanity would eke out a living in horrid conditions until they finally succumbed to a lack of necessary resources. But a man could hope...

Dr. Landford looked around the ship, adapted haphazardly in the haste of setting people to work on the craft. What had once been a temporary solution to a problem of even conventional cooking had now turned into a permanent fixture. Juryrigged and adapted technology that hooked to the ship's true controls through snaking wires had become a lifeline for the survivors, a mere glimmer of hope that one day they would be able to manage the ship without the infernal machine speeding them off to an unknown fate.
"Home...the concept itself seems shaken to its very foundation. There is no home left but this one. I had very little left back on Earth and no reason to keep my feet on the ground. I had hoped to make some significant progress in the name of humanity, but now even that seems futile. It seems at this cross-roads we have very little to keep us going except mere survival."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:21 pm
"You be optimistic and I'll be realistic. The people who will make it off the planet will be the rich, the smart and the unsavory. Your every day Joe Citizen is pretty much screwed because we have very little use for a plumber or weather man in space but the scientists, like us, greasy politicians and rich snobby brats we will end up with." As she spoke Lola also focused on making their meal.

"I can promise you the rich brats and politicians are useless because money will mean nothing when survival is key and a bunch of old dusty politicians past baby making age are seriously useless. If, big if, the government was smart they'd round up all the young people regardless of race and bank account and ship them into space on multiple ships. Kids too because you need a generation who can be transitional between the 20 and 30 somethings and the babies they'll make. But, that's if they're smart." Lola's tone made it sound as if she highly doubted they would be that smart.

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:42 pm
Dr. Landford shrugged. There were so many what-ifs that, in all reality, they may never know. Suddenly, the rather comfortable ship seemed awfully small and the good doctor wished more than ever that they would reach their destination. No matter what the consequence, this slow. unproductive wasting away would eventually eat at him. He knew that once he had this meal, he would have to get up and DO something. His fingers itched for it.
"So how do you think we should spend our time until we reach this unknown destination?" Dr. Landford asked, trying to change the topic.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 am
Lola pondered the question while she finished cooking. When she was done cooking she brought the food out on plates and set one down in front of Landford and one in front of Dezire then went back for her own. Sitting down she propped her chin on her hand and looked at Landford, "You know, I don't know. I was brought here to find out if the Cha-whatever were changing our DNA some how and now that we know they're a race and that we can't do anything then I don't know. Catch up on sleep maybe."  

SeleneRosara

8,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Profitable 100

Kurai_Yamino

5,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Dezire sat at the place that had been set for her and she ate the food and it woke her up a little. She smiled slightly at the sleep comment.  
The Morgairan Crisis

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff