Submit

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:31 pm
Probably the only Miyazaki movie I have taken somewhat of a dislike to.
It probably would have been good if I hadn't read the book, and even then some things either weren't explained or just didn't make sense.

It basically lost focus when the Witch had her power taken away. Nothing made sense after that.

Plus the whole "Howl is really a bird-man monster" thing really put me off.

Basically, book > anime.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 am
Really? I have not really read the book.
I've seen this colour manga version of it and it is basically sceenshots of the movie and is exactly the same. Is the book something different?

In any case, I watched the movie before I read the manga, so I didn't notice...  

tinyfruit

Heart Warrior

11,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:06 am
The book is completely different.
It was a lot lighter in the storyline. None of this allegorical war garbage.

I could list all of the differences, because there were a lot, but I don't feel like it right now :/  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:43 pm
And that is why I stopped reading the books for movies I like. The books are always better and it can ruin a perfectly good movie. If you see a good movie that's supposed to follow the plotline of a book DO NOT GO AND READ THAT BOOK. Just my personal experience.

Back to the original topic, I enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle. It has the best Miyazaki-Movie-Line-Ever. "There's no point in living if I can't be beautiful." Three cheers for shallow heroes.

Albino Bee

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

jikame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 am
i love the film
but bird-man that puts the whole thing in whack  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm
Albino Bee
And that is why I stopped reading the books for movies I like. The books are always better and it can ruin a perfectly good movie. If you see a good movie that's supposed to follow the plotline of a book DO NOT GO AND READ THAT BOOK. Just my personal experience.

Back to the original topic, I enjoyed Howl's Moving Castle. It has the best Miyazaki-Movie-Line-Ever. "There's no point in living if I can't be beautiful." Three cheers for shallow heroes.

Yeah, but I had already read the book, and from my experience of Miyazaki movies I figured it would be good. And I'm not saying it wasn't good, because it was, it was just different, and I preferred the book.
And sometimes it is fun going to a movie when you've read the book, because you know when it ends >___>  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm
Eww, dumb bug :/
Messin' up my thread >____>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:41 pm
I've read the book and seen the movie. And I completely love both. You just have to see them as two separate entities. And I have to say it's still my favorite movie. I could put it on repeat and never get tired of it. Besides Howl is freaking adorable! No matter what hair color he has!! heart blaugh  

Mraudrss

Unbeatable Hunter

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

MidnightNinjaX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:15 pm
i love that movie i have it and same with spearited away i think it's a awesome movie ^_^ ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 pm
I personally liked it. but I like Spirited Away better >-<;;

And i never read books lmao. xP

Kairance

Gekkou-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 pm
i've never read the book...hmm. i thought it was a good movie, but it looks like im gonna have to read how the book went lol  
AAFG Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games