Welcome to Gaia! ::

Another Anime Freak's Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: anime, love, manga, freak, cartoon 

Reply Suggestion Box
[SUGGESTION] Ban Old Members and Invite New ones.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What you think? :D
  *Thumbs Up*
  Bad.
View Results

Kairance

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Sounds pretty harsh, but I think you should ban inactive members.--but don't ban the ones that contributed a lot to this guild[EG: Pyro, Razor etc].

You should ban people that hasn't been active for quite a long time and does not have a decent amount of posts. ALSO, after you've ban that player, send them a PM about why they are banned. You can also tell them that they are welcome to re-join the guild IF they promise to be active. That doesn't mean that they have to be online every single day--At least if not 3 times, but twice a week.. Here's a letter that I made to give you an idea:

Hello X,
You may have noticed that you've been banned. Please don't take this the wrong way for we are only trying to keep this guild as clean and as organized as possible. If you decide to become active and spare the time to post replies/topics on a guild, don't hesitate on re-joining AAFG. We would be honored. You can once again be a member by replying to this message. Thanks!
-AAFG Crew

Now, to invite NEW members, I think it would help if you make a thread on Gaia's Forum. It's not always effective, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Or just invite random players who likes anime XD!

..Let's try to reborn this guild. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 pm
Well the thing is...banning people takes a while...and nothing really happens if I do start banning people.

Also, I would be out there and exposing the guild, but I'm so busy with school and college applications this year (it's ridiculous).  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Creativerealms

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 pm
if people have never poster in the guild then letting them go is not a bad think. i have been kicked out of a few guilds due to being inactive, never posting at all that is. if someone has never posted or donated then as mean as it sounds it might be for the best to let them go.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 pm
Yeah, but will it even make a difference whether or not I ban people?  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kairance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:55 am

Well, just like what I said before, Banning is just to make the guild.. "cleaner". :/
To me, it's better to have fewer active people than loads of inactive people.. It seems really messy. but that's just me.

It's true that it wouldn't make that much of a difference to kick people. And I assume there is no member limit..?

Suggestion Box

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games