Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mixed Martial Arts MMA Fanatics

Back to Guilds

This is for anyone who loves MMA 

Tags: Mixed, Martial, Arts, mma ufc, fight 

Reply Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)
Need help finding a good gym and location issues..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raikoji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:58 pm
Hey guys I've got a problem. I live to far from any good gyms and hoping you guys can reasure me on my optoins that I've considered.

Ok first my name is andre reyes and I live in albert lea,mn. I've been what you can say training for 4 month in a gym that doesn't offer much. But I have been learning most of my stuff from the internet and just put them in play when we grapple at the gym.

After my first fight I relized I really want to go to a gym where they are know what they are doin. coaches that I have mostly dont consider the other parts of mma which are knees elbows and hammer fisting of death.

So I've considered some optoin.
ok I'm 18 just graduated and I'm poor.
Sooo...
1. find someone looking for a roomate nearby the gym or
2. rent out a hotel nearby
thats all i got for now.. and could someone explain to me what goes on in a camp? and the price and what does it offer?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 pm
Raikoji
Hey guys I've got a problem. I live to far from any good gyms and hoping you guys can reasure me on my optoins that I've considered.

Ok first my name is andre reyes and I live in albert lea,mn. I've been what you can say training for 4 month in a gym that doesn't offer much. But I have been learning most of my stuff from the internet and just put them in play when we grapple at the gym.

After my first fight I relized I really want to go to a gym where they are know what they are doin. coaches that I have mostly dont consider the other parts of mma which are knees elbows and hammer fisting of death.

So I've considered some optoin.
ok I'm 18 just graduated and I'm poor.
Sooo...
1. find someone looking for a roomate nearby the gym or
2. rent out a hotel nearby
thats all i got for now.. and could someone explain to me what goes on in a camp? and the price and what does it offer?

Hotels are to expensive in the long run ... and living with someone you don't really now this part of your life ... not exactly a good idea ... realize you are eighteen ... get a job and go to school ... work on your back up ... I know the thrill of MMA training and competition is alluring ... but you have to resist for now ... give yourself a year or two ... after that then run with it ...

Also in order to be a part of a professional camp ... generally you have to have an actually record perfessionally ... your cardio has to be up to par ... but generally you get advance training ... striking, grappling, cardio, strength and conditioning ... generally depending on the gym ... it can be expensive ... anywhere to $150 to $300 a month ... this isn't for the faint of heart ...  

baka_boy1221

Raikoji

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 am
Makes alot of sense. I missed out on school this year but I'll for sure give it a try. Meanwhile I got a job and a gym im going to that doesn't offer much but I guess it will do for now. 2 years seems not that far away but I'll take your advice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm
I would tell you to come to spears Gym in Cincinnati but your too far away  

Kagata Kagura

Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games