Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deal With It - The House MD Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild with House discussions as well as other favorite television doctors... 

Tags: House, Medicine, Hugh Laurie, Doctor, Drama 

Reply House MD addicts anonymous
Will Season 8 Be The Final Season?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will Season 8 Be The Last Season?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

d0ctorhouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 pm
To my knowledge the show is signed only through season 8. Ratings are slipping with the Season 7 Premier getting the lowest ratings of any premier since the first episode of House aired.

Shows often 'jump the shark' when traditionally consistent elements in the show are deviated from such as the professional relationship between House and Cuddy. In every show I've seen, when the lead male and female characters hook up, that signals that the end is near. Stargate SG-1 for example, at the end of Season 8 O'Neill and Carter hooked up, and only two seasons were produced thereafter, both being qualitatively inferior.

Another reason why this show is unlikely to run past an 8th season is because Hugh Laurie's current salary is $500,000 per episode. These progressively higher salaries are the reason why many quality shows are ended after the 7th season.

So let's discuss what other factors point to a jumping of the shark, and what if any signs point to any continued major events in the storyline. They've already explored the families of House, Foreman, Chase, Cameron, they've had two popular characters killed off (Kutner and Amber) because the actors had better offers come their way. They've pushed the characters to every extreme possible and explored every plausible storyline.

If anyone can point to anything else in support of or against my position that would be great..

EDIT: Here's a chart illustrating my point.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:54 pm
1. House will NEVER be cancelled.
ever. No logical reasoning will sway my opinion.

2. Your signature? Changing the guild for the BETTER? Why not just tie your old captain to a pole and whip her? By the way, that's ME, REMEMBER? mad

3. StarGATE? No. Its just a big ripoff of STAR TREK! Did J. J. Abrams recreate the entire Stargate universe in 2009 and plan future sequals? NO!

So THERE. Ptthhhbt!  

suckk-my-flaming-cane

d0ctorhouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:09 pm
Well Stargate is a ripoff of the movie Stargate (1994), ever see it?

If anything it's a subliminal advertisement for AT&T. They have to dial gates and redial them. SG-1 was excellent but Atlantis and Universe are abysmal. The movies, including The Ark of Truth and Continuum are well worth seeing.

Directed by Roland Emmerich
Produced by Dean Devlin
Oliver Eberle
Mario Kassar
Joel B. Michaels
Written by Roland Emmerich
Dean Devlin
Starring Kurt Russell
James Spader

J.J. Abrams had nothing to do with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 am
I have to reluctantly say that season 8 may well be the last. I'm certainly hoping that it isn't though.

Having explored the family members of most of the cast, I'd be happy to see more about Wilson's. We never got to see him visit his brother Danny that time, only his account of it afterwards.  

JohnHWatsonHolmes
Crew

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

Julienne Dreams
Vice Captain

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:35 am
As I keep hearing, there is more Huddy to be put in the series (possibly a Huddy marriage! D: ). They took out 13, killed off Kutner and Amber... to make the series of House MD shorter, I bet. 13 and Kutner (I don't know about Amber) could've been used more and we could've had something there to keep the series alive.

Now it's all about House and Cuddy, throwing the team and the patient out the window.

If they brought 13 back, broke House and Cuddy up, and focused more on the patient and the team (hasn't anyone noticed that House/Cuddy has occupied most/all the screen time in the past new season and little time focused on the patient and the team?), then House MD would probably be longer than Season 7-8.

And please don't bring up that 13 is dying from the disease I'm trying to cure. Me trying to find a cure for Huntington's has nothing to do with 13, I got interested in the disease itself, studied the disease, and I'm going to find a cure for it. Just to let you know.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:09 pm
I think iv seen the stargate movie ur talking about; im not sure though, is that the one with the symbol that looks like an invert gate on a digital circuit plan sheet? the triangle with the circle on top? Oh well, star trek still wins.

Just to calm your spinning minds, the biggest reason why i dont think House is ending is because if it was they'd be making a big deal out of it like they did with LOST and 24, they wouldn't cancle the show without warning, so STOP FREAKING OUT. They won't cancel House yet! it's ok!

JSYK; I only watched fringe because leonard nimoy was in it.  

suckk-my-flaming-cane

suckk-my-flaming-cane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:12 pm
Lollipop Kittie
As I keep hearing, there is more Huddy to be put in the series (possibly a Huddy marriage! D: ). They took out 13, killed off Kutner and Amber... to make the series of House MD shorter, I bet. 13 and Kutner (I don't know about Amber) could've been used more and we could've had something there to keep the series alive.

Now it's all about House and Cuddy, throwing the team and the patient out the window.

If they brought 13 back, broke House and Cuddy up, and focused more on the patient and the team (hasn't anyone noticed that House/Cuddy has occupied most/all the screen time in the past new season and little time focused on the patient and the team?), then House MD would probably be longer than Season 7-8.

And please don't bring up that 13 is dying from the disease I'm trying to cure. Me trying to find a cure for Huntington's has nothing to do with 13, I got interested in the disease itself, studied the disease, and I'm going to find a cure for it. Just to let you know.

MARRIAGE? OMG! WHAT IF THEY HAD LITTLE HUDDY BABIES? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!

Oh, and i hope you didnt read that from a spoiler site, cuz i hate it when i know how it ends!

NO SPOILERS!

(snickersnicker.... huddy babies...)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:12 pm
Probably the biggest mistake they made was not keeping Stacy Warner in the show. She was supposed to have been married to House for 5 years, and quite frankly the whole doctor/lawyer thing was very interesting. I never personally cared for Cuddy and I never once thought her a** was big as House did.

Suggested Viewing:
The Simpsons - Lisa's Wedding (6x19) Original Airdate: March 19, 1995

d0ctorhouse

Julienne Dreams
Vice Captain

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:31 pm
suckk-my-flaming-cane
Lollipop Kittie

MARRIAGE? OMG! WHAT IF THEY HAD LITTLE HUDDY BABIES? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!

Oh, and i hope you didnt read that from a spoiler site, cuz i hate it when i know how it ends!

NO SPOILERS!

(snickersnicker.... huddy babies...)

I haven't read the future spoilers, don't worry. ^^ My friend said it could be possible or true though.

Though I wonder what would happen if House and Cuddy had Huddy babies... eek  
House MD addicts anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff