Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears

Back to Guilds

A place where Britney fans can come and chat and relax and talk about the Legendary Miss Britney Spears! 

Tags: britney, spears, jive, queen, princess 

Reply Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears
Hold It Against Me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xARTPOPx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 am
Izzykun88
shake-ur-kittyxD
OMGodney, such a nice smash!
Well i think it's a little diffrent part of our Britney, with that electro style.. but i still like it can't wait for the intire album! + vid.
- tell me what u think of it
>.<

I couldnt stop being so hyper when I pressed the "play" button to hear that song!

I know just what you mean (;  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am
shake-ur-kittyxD
Izzykun88
shake-ur-kittyxD
OMGodney, such a nice smash!
Well i think it's a little diffrent part of our Britney, with that electro style.. but i still like it can't wait for the intire album! + vid.
- tell me what u think of it
>.<

I couldnt stop being so hyper when I pressed the "play" button to hear that song!

I know just what you mean (;

Oh no! The Britney-Addiction is spreading! XD  

Izzykun88
Captain

Popular Informer

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

britneyvietnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 pm
Britney Spears 's new single "Hold It Against Me" is destroying iTunes #1 in 20 countries and breaking many records:

-Biggest first day at the radio ever; over 700 spins across all formats. (previous holder, Mariah Carey)
-Biggest first seven days at top 40 ever, over 4400 spins. (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest published weekly bullet at top 40 ever, +4400. (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest first week audience impression on top 40 ever, (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest single day spin increase on top 40 ever, broke this twice on its 5th day (732) and 6th day (779)
-Biggest first week digital sales ever by a female artist, 400,000. (previous holder, Taylor Swift)

With "HIAM" debuting #1 BB Hot 100 and #1 Worldwide Britney Spears will be the first female artist to have #1 in 3 decades in this decade

heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 pm
britneyvietnam
Britney Spears 's new single "Hold It Against Me" is destroying iTunes #1 in 20 countries and breaking many records:

-Biggest first day at the radio ever; over 700 spins across all formats. (previous holder, Mariah Carey)
-Biggest first seven days at top 40 ever, over 4400 spins. (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest published weekly bullet at top 40 ever, +4400. (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest first week audience impression on top 40 ever, (previous holder, Eminem)
-Biggest single day spin increase on top 40 ever, broke this twice on its 5th day (732) and 6th day (779)
-Biggest first week digital sales ever by a female artist, 400,000. (previous holder, Taylor Swift)

With "HIAM" debuting #1 BB Hot 100 and #1 Worldwide Britney Spears will be the first female artist to have #1 in 3 decades in this decade

heart heart heart

All I can say is: good bye Gaga biggrin  

Izzykun88
Captain

Popular Informer

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

britneyvietnam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm
Britney's Record-Breaking Song "Hold It Against Me"

New York, NY - Britney Spears continues to break records with her newest trailblazing hit, "Hold It Against Me." This week, "Hold It Against Me" debuts at Number One on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart, selling 411K digital singles in the U.S. within just one week of its exclusive release on iTunes. This is the biggest first week track number for a female artist, the record was previously held by Taylor Swift. According to Billboard she's the second artist in the trade magazine's 52-history to "debut multiple songs at No. 1," and she "joining Mariah Carey as the only acts to arrive at No. 1 more than once."

Outside of the United States, the single debuted at Number One in nineteen other countries including Australia, Belgium, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, France, Ireland and more. The iconic superstar is the first artist to simultaneously commercially release her single as the song was made available to radio stations worldwide. The UK released the single this week, just as the popular Britney/Britany Season two GLEE episode featuring five Britney songs airs in the U.K.

Last week Spears made history with "Hold It Against Me" when she shattered all previous records for obtaining the most number of spins for a first or one-day at Mediabase and BDS.

The tremendous success of the first single from Britney Spears' forthcoming album attests to her broad and loyal fan base, the popularity of the Max Martin, Dr. Luke collaboration and her enduring popularity as one of the world's premiere trend-setting talents. The new album is set for release in March 2011

------------------------

'Hold It Against Me' Debuts Atop Hot 100

Source: http://www.billboard.com/#/news/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-debuts-1004139415.story

Britney Spears becomes just the second artist in the Billboard Hot 100's 52-year history to debut multiple songs at No. 1, as "Hold It Against Me" blasts in at the summit.

Spears previously launched at the apex with "3" the week of Oct. 24, 2009. She joins Mariah Carey as the only acts to arrive at No. 1 more than once. Carey made such grand entrances with "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day" in 1995 and "Honey" in 1997. (All charts will be refreshed tomorrow (Jan. 20) on Billboard.com).

"Hold It Against Me" is the 18th song to debut at No. 1 and the first since Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" the week of Nov. 13, 2010.

The track is Spears' fourth No. 1 on the Hot 100. Prior to "3," she reigned with her debut single "...Baby One More Time" (two weeks, 1999) and "Womanizer" (one week, 200 cool .

"Hold It Against Me" starts atop Digital Songs with 411,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. As previously reported, the sum marks the highest debut frame by a lead female artist, besting the 325,000 shifted by Taylor Swift's "Today Was a Fairytale" the week of Feb. 6, 2010.

On Radio Songs, "Hold It Against Me" begins at No. 23 with 45 million first-week audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. The song's No. 23 entrance is the chart's best since Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" began at the same rank the week of March 1, 2008.

Records broken this era, so far (just after one week):

- Biggest first day at the radio ever; over 700 spins across all formats. (previous holder, Mariah Carey - Touch My Body)
- Biggest first seven days at top 40 ever, over 4400 spins. (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest published weekly bullet at top 40 ever, +4400. (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest first week audience impression on top 40 ever, (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest single day spin increase on top 40 ever, broke this twice on its 5th day (732) and 6th day (779)
- The 2nd highest debut ever on Billboard Pop Songs, at #16 tied with Madonna's Frozen, only behind Mariah Carey's Dreamlover (#12)
- Her highest debut on Hot 100 Airplay, on #23, tied with Mariah's Touch My Body,one of the highest debuts on Hot 100 Airplay.
- The 2nd fastest rising ever to #1 US itunes with 8 hours (the record: Taylor Swift- Today Was A Fairytale, with 5 hours, but HIAM was released at midnight so her record is more impressive than Taylor's!)
- Biggest first week digital single sales by a female artist ever,411k, (previous holder, Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale, 325k)
- The 4th biggest first week digital single salesof all time
- The 18th song in history to debut at #1 Hot 100
- The 2nd artist after Mariah Carey to score more than 1 #1 debuts
- The 2nd artist after Mariah Carey to score 2 consecutive #1 debuts
- The 2nd artist (after Usher) and the first female artist to score at least 1 #1 in 90s, 00s, and 10s
- Only the 5th female artist (After Barbara Streisand, Cher, Madonna and Janet Jackson) and the 10th artist overall, to score at least 1 #1 in 3 different decades
- The youngest artist ever to score at least 1 #1 in 3 different decades

Britney Breaks Australian Radio Airplay Record

Britney continues to break records around the world with her latest single Hold It Against Me, and can now add the Biggest Spincrease in Australian Airplay chart history to that list.

According to Mediabase Australia, Britney increased radio play by a massive 313.9% and jumped from number 94 to number 10 this week. Her spins were at 476 – making a difference of 361 compared to last week.

This breaks the last record held by Australia’s favourite American P!nk, who increased by 304.5% back in August 2008 with So What!

Britney is expected to rise slightly next week on the official ARIA chart after her Top Ten debut this week.

Hold It Against Me debuts at #1 BREAKING RECORD IN CANADA

Following its first week of release at radio and digital, Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me” (Sony) debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 chart. It is her fourth number one song on the chart following “Gimme More,” “Womanizer,” and “3.” It is only the third song to enter the chart at the top, following Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” in 2007 and Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent’s “Crack A Bottle” in 2009. The song also scores the No. 1 debut on the Digital Songs chart, with 37,000 downloads. It is the best one week sales total for a song in its first week on the chart and is the second best one week sales total for any release, behind the 38,000 downloads sold of Black Eyed Peas’ “The Time (Dirty Bit)” three weeks ago. At radio, “Hold” lands at No. 11 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart, the best debut since Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” entered at No. 11 in September 2009. The song vaults into the No. 12 position on the CHR/Top 40 chart, the second best debut at the format in the last five years, only behind Madonna’s “4 Minutes” which entered at No. 5 in March 2008.

Source: http://en-ca.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsen/en_ca/documents/pdf/newsletters/billboard_canadian-update/Nielsen Music Canadian Update.pdf

Britney Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' Soars Onto Pop Songs Chart

As forecast after its massive first-day airplay, Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" roars to a record-setting debut on Billboard's Pop Songs chart.

The first single from Spears' forthcoming ninth album storms the survey at No. 16 with 4,071 plays, the highest detections total by a debuting title in the chart's 18-year history.

"Hold It Against Me" also ties Madonna's "Frozen" (No. 16, March 7, 199 cool for second-highest launch in the list's archives. Only Mariah Carey's "Dreamlover" began at a higher rank, having rocketed in at No. 12 the week of Aug. 14, 1993.

The Pop Songs chart lists the most-played songs on 130 mainstream top 40 radio stations, according to Nielsen BDS.

"Hold It Against Me" received airplay on all 130 reporting stations in the chart's tracking week (Jan. 10-16). The song's first-week airplay translates to 36.4 million listener impressions, the week's 10th-highest mainstream top 40 audience total.

KHOP (@95-1)/Modesto, Calif., led all pop reporters with 104 opening-week plays.

"Over the last decade, Britney Spears has had her ups and downs. But, every time she drops new music, it is an event for the format," says KHOP program director MoJoe Roberts.

"We often tend to wait for audience research to come back strong to power up certain hits. This, however, is one of those rare tracks, like Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' or P!nk's 'Raise Your Glass,' that I put right into power rotation after one listen.

"Audience reaction to her new single has been nothing short of amazing. This is another pure pop smash from Ms. Spears."

The cut concurrently debuts on Dance Airplay at No. 24, Rhythmic (No. 37) and Adult Pop Songs (No. 40).

"Hold It Against Me" is likely to make further historic headlines this week when it's expected to become just the 18th song to debut at No. 1 since the Billboard Hot 100 began in 1958. As previously reported, the song is projected to exceed 400,000 in first-week download sales, according to industry sources.

Highlights of the Hot 100 - including the No. 1 title - will be released on Billboard.com Wednesday (Jan. 19).

All charts will be refreshed on Billboard.com Thursday (Jan. 20).

Source: Billboard http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-soars-1004139232.story#/column/chartbeat/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-soars-1004139232.story  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:52 pm
britneyvietnam
Britney's Record-Breaking Song "Hold It Against Me"

New York, NY - Britney Spears continues to break records with her newest trailblazing hit, "Hold It Against Me." This week, "Hold It Against Me" debuts at Number One on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart, selling 411K digital singles in the U.S. within just one week of its exclusive release on iTunes. This is the biggest first week track number for a female artist, the record was previously held by Taylor Swift. According to Billboard she's the second artist in the trade magazine's 52-history to "debut multiple songs at No. 1," and she "joining Mariah Carey as the only acts to arrive at No. 1 more than once."

Outside of the United States, the single debuted at Number One in nineteen other countries including Australia, Belgium, Japan, Canada, Switzerland, France, Ireland and more. The iconic superstar is the first artist to simultaneously commercially release her single as the song was made available to radio stations worldwide. The UK released the single this week, just as the popular Britney/Britany Season two GLEE episode featuring five Britney songs airs in the U.K.

Last week Spears made history with "Hold It Against Me" when she shattered all previous records for obtaining the most number of spins for a first or one-day at Mediabase and BDS.

The tremendous success of the first single from Britney Spears' forthcoming album attests to her broad and loyal fan base, the popularity of the Max Martin, Dr. Luke collaboration and her enduring popularity as one of the world's premiere trend-setting talents. The new album is set for release in March 2011

------------------------

'Hold It Against Me' Debuts Atop Hot 100

Source: http://www.billboard.com/#/news/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-debuts-1004139415.story

Britney Spears becomes just the second artist in the Billboard Hot 100's 52-year history to debut multiple songs at No. 1, as "Hold It Against Me" blasts in at the summit.

Spears previously launched at the apex with "3" the week of Oct. 24, 2009. She joins Mariah Carey as the only acts to arrive at No. 1 more than once. Carey made such grand entrances with "Fantasy" and "One Sweet Day" in 1995 and "Honey" in 1997. (All charts will be refreshed tomorrow (Jan. 20) on Billboard.com).

"Hold It Against Me" is the 18th song to debut at No. 1 and the first since Ke$ha's "We R Who We R" the week of Nov. 13, 2010.

The track is Spears' fourth No. 1 on the Hot 100. Prior to "3," she reigned with her debut single "...Baby One More Time" (two weeks, 1999) and "Womanizer" (one week, 200 cool .

"Hold It Against Me" starts atop Digital Songs with 411,000 downloads sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. As previously reported, the sum marks the highest debut frame by a lead female artist, besting the 325,000 shifted by Taylor Swift's "Today Was a Fairytale" the week of Feb. 6, 2010.

On Radio Songs, "Hold It Against Me" begins at No. 23 with 45 million first-week audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS. The song's No. 23 entrance is the chart's best since Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" began at the same rank the week of March 1, 2008.

Records broken this era, so far (just after one week):

- Biggest first day at the radio ever; over 700 spins across all formats. (previous holder, Mariah Carey - Touch My Body)
- Biggest first seven days at top 40 ever, over 4400 spins. (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest published weekly bullet at top 40 ever, +4400. (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest first week audience impression on top 40 ever, (previous holder, Eminem - Just Lose It)
- Biggest single day spin increase on top 40 ever, broke this twice on its 5th day (732) and 6th day (779)
- The 2nd highest debut ever on Billboard Pop Songs, at #16 tied with Madonna's Frozen, only behind Mariah Carey's Dreamlover (#12)
- Her highest debut on Hot 100 Airplay, on #23, tied with Mariah's Touch My Body,one of the highest debuts on Hot 100 Airplay.
- The 2nd fastest rising ever to #1 US itunes with 8 hours (the record: Taylor Swift- Today Was A Fairytale, with 5 hours, but HIAM was released at midnight so her record is more impressive than Taylor's!)
- Biggest first week digital single sales by a female artist ever,411k, (previous holder, Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale, 325k)
- The 4th biggest first week digital single salesof all time
- The 18th song in history to debut at #1 Hot 100
- The 2nd artist after Mariah Carey to score more than 1 #1 debuts
- The 2nd artist after Mariah Carey to score 2 consecutive #1 debuts
- The 2nd artist (after Usher) and the first female artist to score at least 1 #1 in 90s, 00s, and 10s
- Only the 5th female artist (After Barbara Streisand, Cher, Madonna and Janet Jackson) and the 10th artist overall, to score at least 1 #1 in 3 different decades
- The youngest artist ever to score at least 1 #1 in 3 different decades

Britney Breaks Australian Radio Airplay Record

Britney continues to break records around the world with her latest single Hold It Against Me, and can now add the Biggest Spincrease in Australian Airplay chart history to that list.

According to Mediabase Australia, Britney increased radio play by a massive 313.9% and jumped from number 94 to number 10 this week. Her spins were at 476 – making a difference of 361 compared to last week.

This breaks the last record held by Australia’s favourite American P!nk, who increased by 304.5% back in August 2008 with So What!

Britney is expected to rise slightly next week on the official ARIA chart after her Top Ten debut this week.

Hold It Against Me debuts at #1 BREAKING RECORD IN CANADA

Following its first week of release at radio and digital, Britney Spears’ “Hold It Against Me” (Sony) debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Canadian Hot 100 chart. It is her fourth number one song on the chart following “Gimme More,” “Womanizer,” and “3.” It is only the third song to enter the chart at the top, following Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” in 2007 and Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent’s “Crack A Bottle” in 2009. The song also scores the No. 1 debut on the Digital Songs chart, with 37,000 downloads. It is the best one week sales total for a song in its first week on the chart and is the second best one week sales total for any release, behind the 38,000 downloads sold of Black Eyed Peas’ “The Time (Dirty Bit)” three weeks ago. At radio, “Hold” lands at No. 11 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart, the best debut since Michael Buble’s “Haven’t Met You Yet” entered at No. 11 in September 2009. The song vaults into the No. 12 position on the CHR/Top 40 chart, the second best debut at the format in the last five years, only behind Madonna’s “4 Minutes” which entered at No. 5 in March 2008.

Source: http://en-ca.nielsen.com/content/dam/nielsen/en_ca/documents/pdf/newsletters/billboard_canadian-update/Nielsen Music Canadian Update.pdf

Britney Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' Soars Onto Pop Songs Chart

As forecast after its massive first-day airplay, Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" roars to a record-setting debut on Billboard's Pop Songs chart.

The first single from Spears' forthcoming ninth album storms the survey at No. 16 with 4,071 plays, the highest detections total by a debuting title in the chart's 18-year history.

"Hold It Against Me" also ties Madonna's "Frozen" (No. 16, March 7, 199 cool for second-highest launch in the list's archives. Only Mariah Carey's "Dreamlover" began at a higher rank, having rocketed in at No. 12 the week of Aug. 14, 1993.

The Pop Songs chart lists the most-played songs on 130 mainstream top 40 radio stations, according to Nielsen BDS.

"Hold It Against Me" received airplay on all 130 reporting stations in the chart's tracking week (Jan. 10-16). The song's first-week airplay translates to 36.4 million listener impressions, the week's 10th-highest mainstream top 40 audience total.

KHOP (@95-1)/Modesto, Calif., led all pop reporters with 104 opening-week plays.

"Over the last decade, Britney Spears has had her ups and downs. But, every time she drops new music, it is an event for the format," says KHOP program director MoJoe Roberts.

"We often tend to wait for audience research to come back strong to power up certain hits. This, however, is one of those rare tracks, like Katy Perry's 'California Gurls' or P!nk's 'Raise Your Glass,' that I put right into power rotation after one listen.

"Audience reaction to her new single has been nothing short of amazing. This is another pure pop smash from Ms. Spears."

The cut concurrently debuts on Dance Airplay at No. 24, Rhythmic (No. 37) and Adult Pop Songs (No. 40).

"Hold It Against Me" is likely to make further historic headlines this week when it's expected to become just the 18th song to debut at No. 1 since the Billboard Hot 100 began in 1958. As previously reported, the song is projected to exceed 400,000 in first-week download sales, according to industry sources.

Highlights of the Hot 100 - including the No. 1 title - will be released on Billboard.com Wednesday (Jan. 19).

All charts will be refreshed on Billboard.com Thursday (Jan. 20).

Source: Billboard http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-soars-1004139232.story#/column/chartbeat/britney-spears-hold-it-against-me-soars-1004139232.story

Gotta love her! biggrin  

Izzykun88
Captain

Popular Informer

10,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff