A Couple
  Most Of Them
  All Of Them
View Results

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:57 pm
Ophiuchus
NewtypeS3
I'm calling it a CE 0083, personally. You know, a sidestory AND sequel.

Oh, and it looks like we're getting to see the Duel and Buster again:
but it's either one thing, or the other. It cannot be both. That's a fact.

0083 was, by definition, both a sequel and a sidestory. It can be both - but the situations are severely limited for it to happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:06 pm
NewtypeS3
Ophiuchus
NewtypeS3

0083 was, by definition, both a sequel and a sidestory. It can be both - but the situations are severely limited for it to happen.

i agree. technically it IS both a side story and a sequel. it has the same setting and era, but with a different plotline that's all. AND the stories and characters are vaguely related to one another as well.

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:50 am
NewtypeS3
Ophiuchus
NewtypeS3

side story defines something that happens at the same time as a main story. As there were no other major actions taking place during 0083, except for the last blitz of zeon under admiral delaz, the series 0083 is a sequel.

Back to that scan of the mobile suits - It's not the SAME duel and buster. Those two units were heavily damaged, and i'd assume they've been scrapped or suchlike. Those two units ARE however related to duel and buster. The text on the first one is Deyueru Gandamu and the text on the second one is Basuta-Gandamu. That's the direct translation, which eventually becomes Duel and Buster. I can't read the last two symbols, but i'd assume it is a character denoting "kai" or "custom"... The operator of these units is also debatable at this point. The original duel and buster were built by morgoenrate, so they have the data. They were operated by the Earth Alliance who made mass production types, so they have the data. They were stolen by ZAFT, so they have the data.
We can eliminate ZAFT, they already built 5 Gundams in the show, Plus legend and destiny (7) PLUS the prototypes for Saviour, Legend and Destiny...
I'd guess it'd be the Earth Forces, seeing as Morgoenrate decided to pick up the Astray project rather than the GAT series.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:48 am
The two were greatly damaged... however, it's not nessisarily the case that they were destroyed. It's also easy to state that at the end of the war, Zaft would have to return their stolen weaponery as a part of the end war treaty. It's not a stretch to assume that the returned mobile suits might be repaired and refeilded.

At any rate, it's not confirmed yet if the two are the same mobile suits or if they aren't. So, who knows, could be the same, could be different mobile suits... *shrugs* We'll have to see what the official backstory is when the kits come out.  

.Lupin..Sansei.

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:23 am
Word on the net is the new Duel and Buster are made by Actaeon Industries, hinting they're new machines.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:56 pm
Interesting. Where's the source for this info? We know that both Duel and Buster were mass produced in a limited sence, so it would make perfect sence for newer versions of highly succesful machines to be produced...

I'm hoping that they are the original machines not out of fanboyism or attachment to the robots, but simply because it would close up another of Seed's little plot gaps... So I DO hope that they're at least related to the original machines. The 'kai designation makes me think it's a possibility, since it's a suffix often (but obviously not always, or even most of the time) attached to MS upgrades, ala Heavyarms Kai... But once again, this is just hopes from a story/world perspective, so no major swea tif it's not the case.  

.Lupin..Sansei.

Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces