Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears

Back to Guilds

A place where Britney fans can come and chat and relax and talk about the Legendary Miss Britney Spears! 

Tags: britney, spears, jive, queen, princess 

Reply Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears
New Event Idea: Blackout Weekend 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm
In September 2008, an event was held by the fans to get Blackout's sales up to 1,000,000. Albeit unsuccessful, the week Circus came out, (the first week of December 200 cool Blackout re-entered the Billboard 200, selling 4,600 copies at #198. I think, with Femme Fatale coming out very soon, the weekend of the release of Femme Fatale, we could purchase Blackout too, in order to finally get it too 1,000,000 copies sold in America. It is currently at 991,000 copies. Is this a good idea? Would you guys do this? If yes, then there are some guidelines.

~Guidelines~
1. Buys must be from an actual retailer, such as Target, Walmart, iTunes, Amazon(their warehouse, not the certified sellers), etc.
2. eBay is not a suitable place, due to the fact that the album has been purchased from a store already at one point, so it would not count towards the cause.
3. The purchase can be either CD or digital. Your choice.

Sound like a good idea? Please help get Blackout to 1 million copies sold. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:51 am
I like this idea! Blackout is one of my favs!  

xARTPOPx

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 pm
shake-ur-kittyxD

Awesome! Is there anyway you could help me spread the word?
I believe the official Weekend should be April 1st and 2nd, that's the first weekend after the 29th of March when Femme Fatale comes out. Does that sound like a good date? Or should it be earlier? I'm open to suggestions.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:09 am
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

I believe the official Weekend should be April 1st and 2nd, that's the first weekend after the 29th of March when Femme Fatale comes out. Does that sound like a good date? Or should it be earlier? I'm open to suggestions.

Yes, sure, if we both share it on twitter to britney fans that have a lot of followers and you could post it to fansites such as breatheheavy, perhaps they will help spread the word? and we need more time because it might not spread as fast, if the fansites wont help us. BTW where did u get the information about blackouts currently sales is at 991,000 copies. I really hope this will work out!  

xARTPOPx

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:52 pm
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

Yes, sure, if we both share it on twitter to britney fans that have a lot of followers and you could post it to fansites such as breatheheavy, perhaps they will help spread the word? and we need more time because it might not spread as fast, if the fansites wont help us. BTW where did u get the information about blackouts currently sales is at 991,000 copies. I really hope this will work out!

I actually have my own fansite, and a Twitter, but alas, no followers. I think it's a great idea to post it on fansites. Oh, and I got the info from the Wikipedia article on Britney Spears' Discography.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears_discography
Thanks so much for helping me with this! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:16 am
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

I actually have my own fansite, and a Twitter, but alas, no followers. I think it's a great idea to post it on fansites. Oh, and I got the info from the Wikipedia article on Britney Spears' Discography.

Ok, let it begin! *spreads information* whee
Let me know what ur twitter and fanpage is~!

xARTPOPx

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

Twitter: Thing13579
Fansite: britneyland.yolasite.com  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm
UPDATE: The official date for this event is April 2-3rd. Please go out and buy Blackout!  

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

I created this ad for the event, using music videos from the Blackout era. What to you think? Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSuPJGadgg  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:48 am
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

I created this ad for the event, using music videos from the Blackout era. What to you think? Here is the link: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSuPJGadgg

Woah! that is awesome! i will try to spread it as much as i possibly can! and tell people to pass it on! to be honest it just don't seem like people are responding! it's like they don't care. -.-'  

xARTPOPx

Beignet Binch

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:14 am
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD
thing13579
shake-ur-kittyxD

I created this ad for the event, using music videos from the Blackout era. What to you think? Here is the link: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSuPJGadgg

Woah! that is awesome! i will try to spread it as much as i possibly can! and tell people to pass it on! to be honest it just don't seem like people are responding! it's like they don't care. -.-'

I'm trying. I really hope people help. Thanks so much for your help. You're awesome.  
Gaia Guild Of Britney Spears

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games