Welcome to Gaia! ::

Project DIVA

Back to Guilds

Do you like video games, Vocaloid, or even just pop anime music? Join Project DIVA. Whose name is based off the hit Japanese rhythm game. 

Tags: Vocaloid, Miku Hatsune, Sega, Crypton Future Media inc, Play Station Portable PSP 

Reply Project Diva: Main Forum (Guild Discussion / New members )
Hatsune Miku U.S. commercial

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AJKam1kaz3

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:13 am
So for some who are not aware (got this from official miku facebook), Miku made a U.S. commercial for the Toyota Corolla. I'm happy and excited but at the same time somehow the guy pronounced her name wrong. Is this a good start for Americans to know who she is besides her fans and otakus alike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15PE7iGT0U  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm
Thanks for the news biggrin

I bet there just trying to test the waters on whether or not it is worth trying to bring Miku over here from an business standpoint.

I have heard rumors about an English version of the software being made but I have seen nothing official and I think it must be just an idea they have if things go well. Again don't quote me on that as I have no facts. Its just rumors I have been reading.

Also as far as the name in the add, Hatsune Miku is proper Japanese for Miku Hatsune. You see in Japan the last name is said before the first.

Don't know why they didn't translate Miku's name for the add as it was an English add. Perhaps it has to due with the fact that her name means "first sound future". I'm no translator but I would not be surprised if changing the order of her name messes with that in some way. Its only a guess though, it may also be that they where lazy when they did the add. you never know.

Anyway, I hope it starts a good debate. We haven't had a good one here in a long time.  

Flying-Yoda
Captain

AJKam1kaz3

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:47 am
Flying-Yoda
Thanks for the news biggrin

I bet there just trying to test the waters on whether or not it is worth trying to bring Miku over here from an business standpoint.

I have heard rumors about an English version of the software being made but I have seen nothing official and I think it must be just an idea they have if things go well. Again don't quote me on that as I have no facts. Its just rumors I have been reading.

Also as far as the name in the add, Hatsune Miku is proper Japanese for Miku Hatsune. You see in Japan the last name is said before the first.

Don't know why they didn't translate Miku's name for the add as it was an English add. Perhaps it has to due with the fact that her name means "first sound future". I'm no translator but I would not be surprised if changing the order of her name messes with that in some way. Its only a guess though, it may also be that they where lazy when they did the add. you never know.

Anyway, I hope it starts a good debate. We haven't had a good one here in a long time.

I have heard of the rumors about an english bank I think about last year when they did a video showing in New York City. As for the name, the name order is correct. In most asian cultures, the family name is more important than the first name. I meant by how it was pronounced. I thought they said "Hat-sue-knee" (Hat-su-ni) instead of the correct way of saying it Ha-sue-ni (Ha-tsu-ne). I'm so use of the way it sounds since I took 3 years of japanese a few years ago.  
Project Diva: Main Forum (Guild Discussion / New members )

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games