Left 4 Dead: Rip-off of Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hwarang Gin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:26 pm
Hikigane_Trijen
Yes fan sites are risky and when it comes for research for anything other then games then I do not trust Wiki. Since this is about game knowledge then wiki can be trusted bc this isn't random information that came out of the head of some game fan. This is information that came from game guides. Maybe you heard of them?? They are big books that have tons of info about a game and not just a walk through neutral
Getting a bit off topic but anyway.. I liked that how you pointed out that wikis can be trusted if they are about games. Fans of a specific series have their own theories and speculations about things not revealed in the series and it's not uncommon for them to speculate these on forums etc. What prevents one of these assumptions ending in a wiki? Oh that's right, nothing.

I already pointed out that the Trivia section of the Licker has error, nothing that would really matter but it just shows game wikis aren't any exception. Oh and by the way, there isn't anything directly pointing to a game guide in the sources. Game guides can also be made by a third party instead of the official source so they aren't the Holy Bible either. And this

Quote:
Maybe you heard of them?? They are big books that have tons of info about a game and not just a walk through neutral

mrgreen Yes I've heard of them, they were popular before the internet spread in the 90's. They were big back then too, had from little to ton of additional info besides the walkthrough and were even back then made by third party in some of the cases. Oh dem poor trees, man, dem poor trees... emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Hwarang Gin
Hikigane_Trijen
Yes fan sites are risky and when it comes for research for anything other then games then I do not trust Wiki. Since this is about game knowledge then wiki can be trusted bc this isn't random information that came out of the head of some game fan. This is information that came from game guides. Maybe you heard of them?? They are big books that have tons of info about a game and not just a walk through neutral
Getting a bit off topic but anyway.. I liked that how you pointed out that wikis can be trusted if they are about games. Fans of a specific series have their own theories and speculations about things not revealed in the series and it's not uncommon for them to speculate these on forums etc. What prevents one of these assumptions ending in a wiki? Oh that's right, nothing.

I already pointed out that the Trivia section of the Licker has error, nothing that would really matter but it just shows game wikis aren't any exception. Oh and by the way, there isn't anything directly pointing to a game guide in the sources. Game guides can also be made by a third party instead of the official source so they aren't the Holy Bible either. And this

Quote:
Maybe you heard of them?? They are big books that have tons of info about a game and not just a walk through neutral

mrgreen Yes I've heard of them, they were popular before the internet spread in the 90's. They were big back then too, had from little to ton of additional info besides the walkthrough and were even back then made by third party in some of the cases. Oh dem poor trees, man, dem poor trees... emo

rolleyes In some cases yes but not all in fact it was very few unless you got a cheep knock off. My point is that if you every got any for RE it would be full of lots of facts from the games. All the monsters on that game ether came from a zombie or and animal, was ether human or B.O.W. most of witch where made from humans. Just because you didn't know that doesn't mean it isn't true.  

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Hwarang Gin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 am
Hikigane_Trijen
All the monsters on that game ether came from a zombie or and animal, was ether human or B.O.W. most of witch where made from humans. Just because you didn't know that doesn't mean it isn't true.
I don't recall saying the monsters weren't made from humans or animals. I believe this thing sprung from whether a Licker was a evolved from a zombie or straight product of lab experiments. And I already said earlier that if this evolution thing is confirmed in a game then that's how it is. If I'd want to get pedantic I'd point out that you have only provided wiki page (with no actual link to source) to back this up. I'm not saying it isn't so but some more evidence wouldn't hurt. I'm much more convinced if someone says 'This was stated in Resident Evil ______________ ' than pointing to a page provided by several anonymous users. Just saying, nothing personal against you or anyone else.

So much off topic confused  
DISCUSSION & DEBATES

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces