12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:46 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyRjWHuFIM

Your thoughts?

Ok so this has been bugging me so...
Seeing as it's set in 1998 isn't in impossible for them to kill Leon seeing as he is still alive in 2004 when he went to go rescue Ashley in Resident Evil 4.

Also, I cant wait for this game to come out ♥
I think it looks good! (:

2nd Lt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWD6Z5E5bAk
I think this was one of the earlier or the first trailer of the game. Gameplay is nothing new to third person action shooters, and it focuses on 4 player co-op. It wasn't until E3 where they announced two new playable characters that you can choose from instead of 4.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110608012460/residentevil/images/4/4b/D967a157a3d7bc9e3258d377dcf13a1c.jpg
These are all six of the characters you can choose from. The two new ones they added were Lupo and FourEyes.

Each character has special abilities, and off the top of my head they are:
Vector: Stealth camo
Bertha: Medic/Stat Increasers
Beltway: Demolitions expert
Spectre: Marksman
FourEyes: Can shoot injections to various BOWs such as Hunters to turn them against enemies.
Lupo: Don't recall them announcing yet

Online versus mode consists of 4 v 4 with USS going up against the US Special Forces while zombies roam around. One of the neat gameplay mechanics I can think of is when a player is severely wounded by gunfire their blood will attract of zombies to them. As far as I know it'll be US Special Forces trying to keep the USS away from their objectives such as killing Leon, destroying evidence, etc.

Currently going for a December release, but the game seems to have very basic gameplay so I wouldn't be expecting the most amazing gameplay experience. I'm mostly going to get it for the basic idea of it such as going back to Raccoon City, altering future events, and the 4 player co-op with friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIutU0MKWZk
Gives you a better idea of the gameplay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:33 pm
It's just a fun experimental thing for Capcom to put the player into a new set of shoes and change Resident Evil history or to keep it the same if they want to.
Even though the game isn't being developed by Capcom (being developed by the people who did Socom's Multiplayer I believe), I'm sure Capcom will take notes from it for future RE titles.

As I mentioned in what was once the Lupo Avatar thread I feel like they're just trying to experiment with new things while trying to go back to its roots and trying to balance it out with action to satisfy all of their fans. I think they're doing a good job at it by taking everyone a step back into Raccoon City since it's a familiar environment and whatnot and of course bringing zombies back.

From what I understand Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS is going to be set before RE5, and it'll have more zombie like creatures as well, which supports my belief that they're trying to go back to their roots to balance out zombies/horror and action. I imagine the outcome might be something with a Dead Space feel, but I guess we'll see whenever Resident Evil 6 comes out.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Senpais Panties
Captain

Demonic Cultist

12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 pm
2nd Lt
It's just a fun experimental thing for Capcom to put the player into a new set of shoes and change Resident Evil history or to keep it the same if they want to.
Even though the game isn't being developed by Capcom (being developed by the people who did Socom's Multiplayer I believe), I'm sure Capcom will take notes from it for future RE titles.

As I mentioned in what was once the Lupo Avatar thread I feel like they're just trying to experiment with new things while trying to go back to its roots and trying to balance it out with action to satisfy all of their fans. I think they're doing a good job at it by taking everyone a step back into Raccoon City since it's a familiar environment and whatnot and of course bringing zombies back.

From what I understand Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS is going to be set before RE5, and it'll have more zombie like creatures as well, which supports my belief that they're trying to go back to their roots to balance out zombies/horror and action. I imagine the outcome might be something with a Dead Space feel, but I guess we'll see whenever Resident Evil 6 comes out.

Oh man I didnt know that D:
I noticed there are a lot of Resident Evil coming out

Revelations
Operation Raccoon City
Mercenaries
Damnation

I'm looking forward to all of them, especially Mercenaries.
I'm still saving up for a 3DS. I have 159$ right now, I sold so much stuff..

emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm
yeah i find it hard to believe that tthey will kill Leon seeing how he is in resident evil 4< but the game overall looks good cant complain about it. and i'm also looking forward to resident evil 4 remake and code veronica  

Noctis ff13

MGS Meryl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:56 pm
Noctis ff13
yeah i find it hard to believe that tthey will kill Leon seeing how he is in resident evil 4< but the game overall looks good cant complain about it. and i'm also looking forward to resident evil 4 remake and code veronica
Well it's not suppose to be the canon path, but just something fun to do. I for one think it brings an interesting new aspect to the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm
MGS Meryl
Noctis ff13
Well it's not suppose to be the canon path, but just something fun to do. I for one think it brings an interesting new aspect to the game.

I agree.  

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

DISCUSSION & DEBATES

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas