Resident Evil: Revelations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:58 pm
Capcom's lineup for the Resident Evil series seems impressive, and next week will be the release of Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D on the Nintendo 3DS. However, another Resident Evil game on the 3DS is expected to be released this year, and that's Resident Evil: Revelations as some of you probably already know.
http://youtu.be/Es0xReoS2nA
This trailer is a year old, but it already shows off the impressive capabilities of the 3DS.
http://youtu.be/A5QTLtLr844
This trailer gives a better idea of the story, and as of now it's hard to see how these two trailers will match up or if they even will. However, due to the fact that this game takes place in 2005 when the BSAA is still fairly new and before the events of Resident Evil 5 I'm not expecting anything jaw dropping story wise. Jill's new partner in this game will be Parker Luciani, while Chris' new partner will be Jessica. Though some of the trailers hint that Chris and Jill may eventually be partnered up together.
http://youtu.be/OPlldkPK4kQ
Videos of the gameplay like this are scattered all around, but all depict just about the same enemy, weapons, and whatnot. As far as I can tell there will be no co-op despite the fact that Jill and Chris having new partners.

Concept Art
This concept art hints that the whole game won't be centered around a cruise ship as most of the trailers tend to focus on.
Concept Art 2
This concept art depicts a similar locale to where Chris and Jessica are shown in one of the trailers. The two silhouettes down below could possibly be then walking away from a crashsite.
HUNK or other USS
It is possible that HUNK could be in this game or another USS operative
Myserious Gas Mask Man
Another person is shown in a gas mask that could possibly be another USS or maybe HUNK or whoever it was in the first trailer will be replaced with him.
Early Screenshot of Chris and Jill
Depicts Chris in his BSAA outfit that he wears in Lost in Nightmares, and Jill wearing a similar outfit to the one in Lost in Nightmares as well.
Jill and Chris 2
Newer than the recent screenshot depicting them in their regular BSAA outfits. Chris and Jill have darker updated looks.
Jill with her new partner Parker
Jill's outfit appears to be the same as the second screenshot of Jill and Chris.
Chris' new partner Jessica
As the name implies.
Chris in Winterized Gear
As the name implies. Perhaps he changes into a different outfit later on?

What are your thoughts for this game in terms of gameplay and story?

Note: All pictures/screenshots are from the Resident Evil Wiki obtained by their community from Capcom and other sources.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm
well it looks good but i'd rather it had came out on the psp or the ps vita  

Noctis ff13

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm
As far as I'm concerned the PSP is obsolete.

@OP: I'm extremely iffy about this game. I am very excited for it but it seems like there's a fairly good chance that it'll be a flop. The new character designs (as for Chris and Jill's new partners) look lacking and uninteresting, but the original trailer raises a lot of questions that I can't wait to be answered.

Also lol @ Chris' face in the winterized gear.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 pm
Little Motel

@OP: I'm extremely iffy about this game. I am very excited for it but it seems like there's a fairly good chance that it'll be a flop. The new character designs (as for Chris and Jill's new partners) look lacking and uninteresting, but the original trailer raises a lot of questions that I can't wait to be answered.

It definitely wouldn't be that great on the PSP, but I know pretty much nothing about the PS Vita other than it might as we be called the PSP2.

And yeah, I don't like how they're bringing in new characters. I honestly would've loved a full game of Chris and Jill co-op in a creepy environment.
I think it would be pretty cool to be able to completely split up, and be able to be in completely different parts of the ship or wherever, but I never get what I want!  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:59 pm
2nd Lt
Little Motel

It definitely wouldn't be that great on the PSP, but I know pretty much nothing about the PS Vita other than it might as we be called the PSP2.

And yeah, I don't like how they're bringing in new characters. I honestly would've loved a full game of Chris and Jill co-op in a creepy environment.
I think it would be pretty cool to be able to completely split up, and be able to be in completely different parts of the ship or wherever, but I never get what I want!

Like how they refuse to bring back Jill's STARS outfit. mad  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 pm
Little Motel

Honestly if they released a Jill figure like the one I have for Chris I'd probably get it.
But nope, they instead decided to go with BSAA Jill and Battlesuit.  

Imperialist American
Vice Captain

Little Motel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 pm
2nd Lt
Little Motel

Honestly if they released a Jill figure like the one I have for Chris I'd probably get it.
But nope, they instead decided to go with BSAA Jill and Battlesuit.

I'd love to get a Jill action figure but the BSAA one just seems poor quality. I agree with the complaints about the face and the clothes look so poorly made.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 pm
I'm not into The Mercenaries, but I REALLY want Revelations!! biggrin  

MGS Meryl

MGS Meryl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:53 pm
By the way...did anyone else notice that Chris ROLLED UP SLEEVES in the middle of a snow storm.

Those steroids have numbed his skin!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:17 pm
Can't have sleeves covering up his beautiful forearm veins.  

Little Motel
Crew

DISCUSSION & DEBATES

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces