I feel like kicking someone's head off.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yumi Tsukishiro
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:05 pm
My ******** landlord just came by to tell my family we have until the end of the year to move from here. We don't have anywhere to go. We don't have a lot of money. University is about to start. I'm in a depression. I can't ******** handle all this. And he wants us out because his daughter is getting married, but he doesn't even know if she wants to live here. I don't want to go live in a ******** small village and spend even more money on gas. I just feel like bitchslapping them. We've lived here for more than 10 years, paying every month more than 400€ for rent, and until 2 or 3 years ago, we didn't even have a closed backyard per se. It's just not right. I'm so pissed off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:30 pm
Look the Law! isnt there something that prohibit him from doing that?  

YanGelus

Sparkly Shade

Yumi Tsukishiro
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:08 pm
YanGelus
Look the Law! isnt there something that prohibit him from doing that?

By law he's only obligated to give a 3 month notice. It's still ******** unfair.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:37 pm
User Image

"With Deadly Grace."

D: There's gotta be something you can do to stop it. Can't you file a complaint? If you haven't been late on payments or anything, you have no reason to be evicted.

Daypaw
Captain

Hardened Member

YanGelus

Sparkly Shade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:47 pm
i mean you have live there for 10 years, there MUST be something you can do, maybe buy or something  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:02 pm
Is he having epiphanies, or something?  

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Thats just one of the horrors of not actually owning the house. Hopefully you guys can find some place, a lot of rentals are low due to the crazy marketplace. Hopefully you'll all find a place to move that is close to all the kids schools and adults work.

Wish your family the best! Hoping the actual move, moving van would cost to much. Thats the biggest hassle I find.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:12 pm
That sounds horrible, I'm sorry. =(

I don't know if there is anything you can do to stay in that house, but maybe you could look around the neighborhood to see if there is a place close by to rent/buy? Since your family has been in that area for so long, the community should know them well enough to at least try to help you guys find a place to live.

If you can't find anything close, maybe things will change between now and the end of the year and you guys will get to stay there. Though, even if you did, I would still look for somewhere to go with more stability. I wish you luck, I really do. *hugs*  

khionna
Vice Captain

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Skyscraper Opera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 pm
Wtf :c I wish you guys the best of luck  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:24 am
Daypaw

We're never late in writing the check, but he's always late to pick it up. We set up the 8th day of every month to pay, sometimes he only appears here to pick it up like 20 days later. The reason is that his daughter is getting married, so the mademoiselle wants the house daddy can give her for free, leaving us in a desperate search for a new one.

YanGelus

We don't have money to buy this house, and it is pretty shitty as it is, bad paintjobs, bad insulation against sound and cold weather, everything.

M A U R l C E

I'd give him the epiphany.

Shiver`

We can't live in an apartment because of my german shep and the many cars that belong to my father, so getting an actual house nearby is pretty difficult, we'd have to move even more to the periphery, and it isn't acceptable. My college is like 6km from my house, my mom's job is 10km, and my father's job is about 15km from here. It's a lot of gas to be spent if we move even farther from here.
Thanks heart

ll-Frantic-ll

Nah, here we got 0 help, really. He's just a spoiling father to his daughter.
Thanks heart

Skyscraper Opera

Thanks Tsu heart  

Yumi Tsukishiro
Crew

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm
sweetie im so sorry. i know lifes not been real easy this summer for you. my mom and i have lived with y grandparents most of my life and its a horrible situation, llots of mental and verbal abuse, but we know that we will always have a place to sleep iif we cant pay rent or my mom doesnt have a job. if i live near you instead of half a world away i would offer you my bed to sleep in when i move out next month. im so sorry lifes giving you s**t right now, hopefully everything works out for the best, and not just soso, because you know everything will work out  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 am
That is sorta like what is happening with us,
but different,
My parents own a small business, a bakery, and the old douchey manager has been literally saying to us that he is going to kick us out and giving it to one of the bigger bakeries.
Luckily for us, and the rest of the businesses in the center, the guy got fired,
and there is this new guy.
We don't know what the old manager said,
but our shop is already being advertised,
and the other companies are planning to take it.
It's really annoying because my parents have worked there for over seven years,
without a complaint, we get great comments,
and we score good points when it comes to hygiene,
Our bills are never late either [We are renting it].
But the old manager had refused to sign the lease, and dad wants to sell the shop,
but we can't because we only have a year left, well we can, but no one will buy it with just that time.
I have never been able to contact the center's owner, because the managers are like guard/lap dogs and would follow him around making sure none of us could get near him.

The situation for us is different, and we could get kicked out at anytime,
and it is not like it is our home. Also, looking for a job is going to be super hard because my parents dont have any qualifications for anything, I have also been thinking to get another job, just because.

but ugh, I sorta know how you feel Yumi, it sucks. (; But feel free to invite me when you decide to kick off your landlord's head. Just saying.
But ugh, I feel so bad for you /: And I am probably better off,
In short, I am a spoiled brat xD but, yeah your landlord annoys me ==;
Of all the people he could kick out, he picks you guys

Milkshax
Crew

Desirable Junior

Yumi Tsukishiro
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:23 am
Milkshax
That is sorta like what is happening with us,
but different,
My parents own a small business, a bakery, and the old douchey manager has been literally saying to us that he is going to kick us out and giving it to one of the bigger bakeries.
Luckily for us, and the rest of the businesses in the center, the guy got fired,
and there is this new guy.
We don't know what the old manager said,
but our shop is already being advertised,
and the other companies are planning to take it.
It's really annoying because my parents have worked there for over seven years,
without a complaint, we get great comments,
and we score good points when it comes to hygiene,
Our bills are never late either [We are renting it].
But the old manager had refused to sign the lease, and dad wants to sell the shop,
but we can't because we only have a year left, well we can, but no one will buy it with just that time.
I have never been able to contact the center's owner, because the managers are like guard/lap dogs and would follow him around making sure none of us could get near him.

The situation for us is different, and we could get kicked out at anytime,
and it is not like it is our home. Also, looking for a job is going to be super hard because my parents dont have any qualifications for anything, I have also been thinking to get another job, just because.

but ugh, I sorta know how you feel Yumi, it sucks. (; But feel free to invite me when you decide to kick off your landlord's head. Just saying.
But ugh, I feel so bad for you /: And I am probably better off,
In short, I am a spoiled brat xD but, yeah your landlord annoys me ==;
Of all the people he could kick out, he picks you guys

I'm so sorry to hear that, landlords are horrible -.-

But I think everything is working out, my parents always wanted one of those rustic wooden houses, and apparently having one made just for us, owning it for the rest of our lives and buy a piece of land is cheaper than buying an already made house, and my mom doesn't want to rent another house again. One of those rustic houses and the land would cost about 90.000€ I believe, so we'll be okay. I'm just VERY pissed off because the landlord painted our house in April, and we think he already was thinking of throwing us out. He could have just told us in April, we'd be much better.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 am
Yumi The Strange

I'm so sorry to hear that, landlords are horrible -.-

But I think everything is working out, my parents always wanted one of those rustic wooden houses, and apparently having one made just for us, owning it for the rest of our lives and buy a piece of land is cheaper than buying an already made house, and my mom doesn't want to rent another house again. One of those rustic houses and the land would cost about 90.000€ I believe, so we'll be okay. I'm just VERY pissed off because the landlord painted our house in April, and we think he already was thinking of throwing us out. He could have just told us in April, we'd be much better.
oooh I actually like those houses (:
And it would be good to have something for yourselves, and I agree renting would be awful /: Especially with landlords.
Umm that doesn't seem too expensive, but yeah the guy seems like an a**, and I guess it's sorta good you guys are getting your own place,
at least he wont be able to hassle you.  

Milkshax
Crew

Desirable Junior

Daypaw
Captain

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:56 pm
User Image

"With Deadly Grace."

Having your own place and your own land would definitely be a plus- so maybe this will have been for the best in the end? A frustrating way to get there, but better living accommodations.

Randomness

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games