seed break
  new type
View Results

Phoenix920

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm
for the systems in all of gundam(newtype, zero, the shinking system in G gundam, or the seed break in gundam seed) which do you think is best? and which do you think you would or could use?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:53 pm
well, we all can't use SEED (duh)
unless I am mistaken, we have not gone into space, so really, we have no exp. the newtype-ness
I don't understand Zero (to me, it sounds like a system, where when the brain wave is at a certain peak limit, ou become some what like a new type, meaning you have faster reflex and stuff...)

the only "possible" system we can all potentially use is the shining gundam super mode, and the god gundams hyper mode. Well, of course, we need to be one of the shuffle alliance, but it really runs on how emotional (in the way of rage) you get while you fight....

of course, I don't know much, and I can be BSing here

as well, you should have posted this in the Q&A thread....  

Vivio1412

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:10 am
You forgot to add Psycommu system and EXAM system. They're valid changes to a standard OS.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:06 pm
The ZERO System, from what I've seen, is basically a much fancier version of the Biocomputer from the F91. It analyzes combat data, and provides you with what appears to be just about everything they could do at once - which would REALLY explain those flashes of death the pilots get when they pilot it for the first time.  

NewtypeS3

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:20 pm
For anyone who doesn't know, the info related to Exam.

EXAM REPORT- Alph Karmra

Begining
"EXAM System"
The System delveloped by Zeon defector Krust Moses, naturally, this is a system with many mysteries.
I am Alph Karmra, the engineer assigned to Prof. Moses to improve and adapt the system for testing.
Already included in another report, the blueprints of the EXAM system are lost and unrecoverable. Because of that, this report is written from my own testing observations, plus data from Zeon'd testing colony, in conclusion, this will be the final report on "EXAM".

The Theory of Professor Krust Moses

"Exam System", the product of of the independednt threoy of Prof. Moses, whose investigation into Newtype combat abilities raises 1 question: "Why do Newtypes posess their level of combat ability?"
The Professor's answer was "Because there is an opponent". Newtypes' opponent... humanity (oldtypes). The professor thinks that eventually Newtypes will see all oldtypes as enemies.
This theory was not supported inside Zeon, but predicting danger, the Professor began to develope a system that allows an oldtype to battle a Newtype as equals.

Birth of "EXAM"

The Professor's test did not go well, but an accident happened on one day. That day, a Newtype named Marion Welch's combat data was copied (Because if this, Marion went into a permanent coma).
Since that day, the system was completed, even if by total accident. Originally, the Proffessor's theroy was incorrect and there would not have been any research success if it followed the original path.
Although created on accident, the Professor named the system "EXAM" [Examination of humans], or in that case, judgement. "To pass judgement on the ones (newtypes) that have come to pass judgement on us (Oldtypes)".
A Machine eqquiped with "EXAM system" can perfrom near the levels of a Newtype, even at the hands of a normal pilot. However, the stresses placed on man and machine are intense.

"EXAM" and Beserk

Not satisfied with the performance of the Effreet Custom, the professor set to inprove the system, the result is the current EXAM system, aka the Beserk system.
This system will automatically activate if it senses a Newtype on the battlefield (psychomune system detection maybe, details unkown.). EXAM will push its equipped MS to 120% performance, with no regard for the safety of the machine and its pilot, also, the system take control of the machine, ignoring pilot input. Until the machine overheats, it will indiscriminently attack everything.
This condition would seem like the machine is going beserk to everyone, however, in reality the system is operating according to its programing.
Attacking a Newtype on sight, regardless of pilot input, this is the ideal of the Proffessor taken physical form. Of course, there will be massive collateral damage and death, but according to Prof. Moses, this is barely a "small sacrifice"
The professor labeled the system as a "Highspec Operating system", hoping the EXAM will be installed into many machines, completing his goal.
However, there are problems. first of all, Zeon MS overheat right away using this system. Second, Even though there is no Newtype presense, massive human death near the MS will cause the system to activate and go beserk, even the Proffessor does not know the cause for this.

EXAM and limiter

Feeling that he is reaching the limits of research in Zeon, Prof. Moses defected with his reserch to the Federation. The enemy of the Prof. are Newtypes, Zeon or Federation did not matter to him. Here, I am to assist him in developing a machine fit for EXAM.
I developed Blue 1, After the incident with Lt. Yu Kajima and his testing corps being attacked (seperate report), I've become aware of the beserking nature of the system. Unfortunately I am not able to undetstand the system beyond that.
Because of that incident, I have installed a limiter on Blue 1. From this point onwards Blue 1 will function at Near-Bersek status for 5 minutes. (The system will be forcibly shut-down before true beserk status aka uncontrollable status is reached.)
With the limiter installed, the machine is still under control to an extent in near beserk status, however, newtype reaction, and the basics of the bersek system remains unchanged.

Conclusion

Blue 2 and Blue 3 have since been developed, and in hte Blue 3 that was delivered to me, the limiter was installed. However, the Blue 2 stolen by Zeon was not installed with a limiter. The two machines battled to the death outside of Zeon's research colony, with both machines destroyed as the aftermath.
Because of this, all traces of the Exam system have been eliminated. As of right now, it will be difficult ot determine the practicallity of this System, as such, it will be written here that testing cannot continue.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:36 pm
I've always thought of the EXAM system as opne giant nod to Evangelion - especially the way it was presented in the Blue Destiny manga.

Sadly, I have yet to play the game trilogy because no one's bothered to try Sega Saturn Emulation yet. >_>  

NewtypeS3

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:21 pm
It should be noted that the EXAM System as we know it is actually an accident. It did not turn out as Professor Klust Morses intended.

Morses wasn't after Marion Welch's "soul." He was actually using her to collect data and "psycho-wave" patterns, which he would then feed into the system to make it run. Somehow, however, Marion's entire psyche somehow became trapped in the system. While this did indeed complete the EXAM System, it also gave it a whole set of bugs that weren't originally supposed to be in the system--such as the seeming system's inability to distinguish between friend and foe. Morses, being the jackass that he was, ran with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:03 pm
NowhereManXP
It should be noted that the EXAM System as we know it is actually an accident. It did not turn out as Professor Klust Morses intended.

Morses wasn't after Marion Welch's "soul." He was actually using her to collect data and "psycho-wave" patterns, which he would then feed into the system to make it run. Somehow, however, Marion's entire psyche somehow became trapped in the system. While this did indeed complete the EXAM System, it also gave it a whole set of bugs that weren't originally supposed to be in the system--such as the seeming system's inability to distinguish between friend and foe. Morses, being the jackass that he was, ran with it.

Which is exactly what makes me think it's an Evangelion nod to some extent - especially when the EXAM system sounds and feels like the whole EVA-01 incident with Yui Ikari...  

NewtypeS3

Gundam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff