War Stories - Share your interesting tales

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:40 pm
Thats right, if you had a family member or your a military vet yourself who has told stories of war that turned on ears, then please post them for laughs or for tears.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:45 am
LET me get straight to the point, my Grampa died in Vietnam by a cut to his throat by a freakin Vietnemese soilder and amzeingly he survived for 2 more hours eek but, he was unable to talk or able to move much.
those vietnamese men were deadly because they were getting a sneak attack ready and my Grampa signaled a flare and soon it was a big battle and in the end, we lost.
I miss my Grampa so much , i even cried when i saw him, The general told me that he died a soilder and that i should be very proud and i was, but that wasnt goin to bring him back. It even hurts me to say this ,but i had to tell someone outside my faimly  

Xhaing

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:43 pm
Sad, thank you though.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:23 am
your welcome cry  

Xhaing

srgt. Sosuke Sagara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:49 pm
I feel sorry for you. My great uncle lost his left leg in Vietnam also. It was amputated when he was injured in a explosion from a grenade thrown at his group. At least he didn't die, or live a painfull life.

We all take for granted sometimes, think about all the ones that have died for what we now take for granted. Felling a little guilty? You should.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:48 pm
MY grandpa was stationed in Japan im not sure what he was because he had pictures of him flying in the plane with his team but them he has pictures of there fort they built of of twigs and logs. but he lived and has all this cool guns.  

Gokohn

Baron Marine Kommandant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:18 pm
Xhaing
LET me get straight to the point, my Grampa died in Vietnam by a cut to his throat by a freakin Vietnemese soilder and amzeingly he survived for 2 more hours eek but, he was unable to talk or able to move much.
those vietnamese men were deadly because they were getting a sneak attack ready and my Grampa signaled a flare and soon it was a big battle and in the end, we lost.
I miss my Grampa so much , i even cried when i saw him, The general told me that he died a soilder and that i should be very proud and i was, but that wasnt goin to bring him back. It even hurts me to say this ,but i had to tell someone outside my faimly

*Pats you on the back.* You have my greatest condolences.... I don't know what to say to you, so I'll just simply say the same thing as the general. He gave his life the soldier's way, but it was NOT in vain... He died for his country, and his country will remember him for that always and forever. There is nothing more noble and honorable in this world than to make that ultimate sacrafice in the defense of liberty....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:59 pm
My great grandfather died on the USS Arizona. that's all i found out from my grandparents.  

2ndLt_Aaron_Wang

Blaze.C

Versatile Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:08 pm
no one in my family was ever in the milltary  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:57 pm
I've had hose ********' Irai brats throwing rocks at me & my truck so I stopped caring for them.

The first IED that I was involved in was small & no one got hurt thank goodness, but I happened to be pasted the ******** out. I happened to wake up as my squad leader was asking if I was alright. The blast didn't even wake me up. lol it was great.

Seen Iraqi's screwing goats at night time through thermo's.

We had changed AO's to some farm land outside Baghdad when we's doing routine atmospherics and they had a cow chained to a tree. I's walkin' by it and it charged me. So I was like attacked by a cow.

One of my buddies was telling me how they almost got waxed by some Marines. It was night time and they were on a air assualt mission and setting on a dismounted OP when some marines rolled up and was like " I SEE THEM!" Of my bud and his guys were waving chem sticks & shouting at them that they were Americans but the marines put their lights on them and was going to soot but those DUMBASS MARINES didn't know how to use the .50 cal that he was on and that's what saved our guys lives. You'll find that Marines are ********' stupid shits.  

The-Spartan

Cocktail_queen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:18 am
Xhaing

my great uncle was also in the vietnemese war when he was 21, he was a gunner i believe and his unit was attacked, blown completly up, his whole unit died except for him he was the only one that survived but at the cost of severe burns all over his body, his right ear is pretty much burned off almost, but since he was so badly burned he was unable to return to the feild. but it amazes me that he is still alive and what he went through my mother tells me she still remembers when he was in the hospital and she saw him.

im sorry for your loss but your gramps died as a hero ^_^ and for a good cause. god rest his soul and all the others that died also.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:17 pm
My grand-father was in Vietnam... Fortunately he came back alive.. with all his limbs.. but died from a heart attack in 1996 or 1997... they wouldn't allow me to go to his burial session either... fck'n scumbags... they thought I was to young.. I might have been young but I'm still bitter about it.. he did have some stories too.. but I can't remember any..

..and I also heard a story from this old german lady who married a member of the USAF. --Said that some American soldiers would go into Bars and guest houses where people would be having drinks and the soldiers would beat the hell out of them... and, as usual, I couldn't keep my mouth from opening and I said "Well they probably had a reason for it.." don't get me wrong.. it might not have been a good reason.. but there was a reason..

4ever_rockn

gregorthebarbarian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 pm
I was in One Station Unit Training for infantry in Ft. Benning, GA, when 9/11 happened...Only a month from graduation. As soon as I graduated from OSUT, I shipped in to airborne training and was assigned to my unit with the 82nd Airborne. I was one of the first US soldiers in Iraq after 9/11. AFter only a couple of weeks, my platoon was stationed in a friendly village...there to protect them from nearby alqaeda raiders. While my squad (9 people) was out on patrol one day, we were attacked by a large band of Alqaeda fighters. we were outnumbered by either 5 or 6. I was the heavy machine gunner in the squad, carrying the M240B medium machinegun. Being the heavy gunner, I was the first target. A grenade was thrown at me and my squadleader stepped in front in time to take the brunt of the blast. However, I was still wounded in the left side by several pieces of schrapnel...I was also at some point during the fight, hit in the right knee by a round from an AK47, which wedged itself under my kneecap. knowing that if I died, my squad would be doomed, I continued to fight, the enemy closed fast and soon, they were too close for my machinegun to be effective. I then had to turn to facing them with my k-bar. During that fight, I lost 4 of my best friends...The medics who got the wounded out said they were surprised I was even still alive. Because of our efforts, nearly 40 enemy fighters were kill and another twenty were wounded and captured. Because of us, not a single villager was injured or killed. Keep the families and friends of those four soldiers in your thoughts and prayers and let their memories live on and forever be respected.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 am
I myself am currently deployed in Iraq. This is my third time out here. I've Been shot, Lost more friends than I've been able to mourne in 6 years and the more times I come out here the closer they get to killing me. It's not something I'm too proud of. But that's life in the military. But we can't look at the bad side of every thing I've had some good times out here Like Sitting on the bank of the euphretes river at 2300 drinking coffee and smoking cigars with your higher ups, while watching tracer fire pass harmlessly over head. Or finding some fire extinguishers in an abandoned building and shooting each other with them. It can be fun you just have to look past all the bad to find the good.  

FalseChaimera

The American Military Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff