Reply Philosophy Threads
Change Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zargap

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:15 pm
It sounds really really stupid but I'd go back to 6th grade when I started taking drawing more seriously and tell myself to listen to what people say about my (then extremely crappy) art. I feel that because I didn't listen then, I'm behind now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:14 pm
PhilosophyMind
But honestly I don't mind not being able to go back. I like the way I've turned out. And if something irks me, I CAN change it. I can better myself. And that's changing.

^ this... no regrets, no looking back... even though I'm a very contemplative person, in this matter I am more practical xp  

Durrypoo Ov Fire

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm
If i could change something, i would change how much i think >.> thinking too much has caused me too much stress. I'd rather be retarded.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:01 pm
Life should be lived in forward. Not reverse. Backward looking can only lead to worry and sorrow. But i would have rolled to the left so
i didn't get shot.  

luftwafe

3,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:53 pm
I would just study as much as I possibly could in math, philosophy, history, etc. then go back, and continue my studies. It would save me a few years I think.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:47 am
I make it a rule to never ask myself "What if?" Because even if you knew the answer, life could still turn out in a infinite myriad of ways. I think Issac Asimov short story "What If—" defines the problem best. However, I think Terry Pratchett summed up the idea very nicely in this excerpt for from novel Lords and Ladies:

(In the scene Granny and Ridcully are wondering what would have happened if they had gotten married.)
Quote:
"Do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you'd said yes?" said Ridcully.

"No."

"I suppose we'd have settled down, had children, grandchildren, that sort of thing..."

"What about the fire?" she said.

"What fire?"

"Swept through our house just after we were married. Killed us both."

"What fire? I don't know anything about any fire?"

Granny turned around. "Of course not! It didn't happen. But the point is, it might have happened. You can't say 'if this didn't happen then that would have happened' because you don't know everything that might have happened. You might think something'd be good, but for all you know it could have turned out horrible."

whynaut

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:01 pm
whynaut
I make it a rule to never ask myself "What if?" Because even if you knew the answer, life could still turn out in a infinite myriad of ways. I think Issac Asimov short story "What If—" defines the problem best. However, I think Terry Pratchett summed up the idea very nicely in this excerpt for from novel Lords and Ladies:

(In the scene Granny and Ridcully are wondering what would have happened if they had gotten married.)
Quote:
"Do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you'd said yes?" said Ridcully.

"No."

"I suppose we'd have settled down, had children, grandchildren, that sort of thing..."

"What about the fire?" she said.

"What fire?"

"Swept through our house just after we were married. Killed us both."

"What fire? I don't know anything about any fire?"

Granny turned around. "Of course not! It didn't happen. But the point is, it might have happened. You can't say 'if this didn't happen then that would have happened' because you don't know everything that might have happened. You might think something'd be good, but for all you know it could have turned out horrible."

What if you had a million dollars. What if you could go back in time and change anything. What if you had three wishes.

Thesese are just fun questions, that not only unlock part of ourselves that we have hidden, but are a good passtime. No problemb with it, unless you make one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am
There is not much I would work upon changing, but If it was something inevitable I would have tried to play instrumental music earlier on so that I would be an exceptional player now. I would also have actually tried to learn a whole lot more about the world earlier on. Maybe improve my studies.

If I had three wishes I would wish to rid the world of intolerance and hate and wish for a happy life.  

x3 SuGarr CoOkiie

Light-of-Essence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm
I wouldn't go back in the first place. Not at this point in my life, I wouldn't change who I was for I know that it shaped who I am and who I am will shape who I become. The only difference is that now I am old enough to actually see the changes in everything thus I am more conscious of choosing what shapes me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:46 pm
I would stand up for myself more, not just take it when the kids started bullying me all the way back in grade 3.
If I didn't get used to shoving my emotions back I wouldn't have to build as thick of walls as I did.
Then again without dealing with all that the tint I see the world through would be very different and that would change who I am now, potentially in a direction I don't want.
And aside from that I'm pretty happy with who I am right now, and the fact that I realize that I need to grow more of a backbone and stand up for myself really is the first step to changing it, while keeping everything else about me that I like.

So maybe it'd be better to change nothing.  

Smab

Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces