Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Break Room

Back to Guilds

A guild focused on the needs of real life mommies, crafters, artists, and daddies. 

Tags: parenting, recipes, diys, crafts, artist 

Reply Crafts & DIYs
Pocky Box > Secret Hiding place

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l noodles l

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:02 pm
I needed to make Christmas presents last year and I came up with a yummy solution if I do say so myself! I took an old pocky box, hot glued a colourful feather boa from the dollar store around it, cut out a bunch of paper triangles for 'teeth', made a cardboard top hat, stuck on some pipe cleaner 'arms' and a pair of large googly eyes! When it was done I thought it was quite cute and very easy! My one friend uses it to hide money, its a nice sized hidey hole that doesn't seem like a hidey hole smile It could probably be done with larger or smaller sized boxes to either decorate or disguise, maybe even books! but be careful of the feathers! they can get everywhere!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 pm
That sounds like such a cool idea! Do you have a picture of it that you could post?  

rainbowbalderdash

l noodles l

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 pm
rainbowbalderdash
That sounds like such a cool idea! Do you have a picture of it that you could post?
thanks! I don't unfortunately, I gave them all away. But! I am working on one for myself I just need more hot glue to finish it, I'll post a pic when I'm done yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 am
Miss Exorcist
rainbowbalderdash
thanks! I don't unfortunately, I gave them all away. But! I am working on one for myself I just need more hot glue to finish it, I'll post a pic when I'm done yum_puddi
That's great! I can't wait to see what it looks like. biggrin  

rainbowbalderdash

Crafts & DIYs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces