Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Break Room

Back to Guilds

A guild focused on the needs of real life mommies, crafters, artists, and daddies. 

Tags: parenting, recipes, diys, crafts, artist 

Reply Crafts & DIYs
Polymer clay & decoden

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:22 pm
I just recently started both anyone else? What is your fav clay brand?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 pm
I've been wanting to start with polymer for a good while to make some necklaces i saw online.
Any suggestions/tips for using them?  

lady-drogo

Generous Gekko

9,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Guildmember 100

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:52 pm
lady-drogo
I've been wanting to start with polymer for a good while to make some necklaces i saw online.
I'd say to start with fimo or premo. I cook premo & fimo together and I cook sculpey and oven bake together though don't like it as much. I buy from michaels/jo-anns though always with coupons lol you must always make sure to follow the baking instructions on the package though just so you fimo and premo cook perfect together at 260 for 30 mins comes out great every time. I cook mine in my personal oven with no issues. Sculpey is harder to handle and I just don't like it as much personally. There is a lot of youtube videos about polymer clay and things to create with it so far I'v made mushrooms, pandas, elephants, fishs, roses, and a shark. Any specific questions sorry wish I was more help lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 pm
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
I'd say to start with fimo or premo. I cook premo & fimo together and I cook sculpey and oven bake together though don't like it as much. I buy from michaels/jo-anns though always with coupons lol you must always make sure to follow the baking instructions on the package though just so you fimo and premo cook perfect together at 260 for 30 mins comes out great every time. I cook mine in my personal oven with no issues. Sculpey is harder to handle and I just don't like it as much personally. There is a lot of youtube videos about polymer clay and things to create with it so far I'v made mushrooms, pandas, elephants, fishs, roses, and a shark. Any specific questions sorry wish I was more help lol
no, this helps a lot! I shop at both michaels and joanns, so that's perfect! i also receive coupons from michaels so yay! i'll have to head over there soon to buy some clay. i think ive heard of premo the most.  

lady-drogo

Generous Gekko

9,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Guildmember 100

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 pm
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
no, this helps a lot! I shop at both michaels and joanns, so that's perfect! i also receive coupons from michaels so yay! i'll have to head over there soon to buy some clay. i think ive heard of premo the most.
Dang it wish we would have talked about this earlier lol I just joined the group today Jo-anns had a 50% two weeks ago and michaels had a 50% last week so keep a look out for when this happens again as I stalked up on like 30 blocks are so all together shopped for both of their 50% as jo-anns only had fimo 50% michaels had it all half. Yeah premo does have some really pretty colors my top 2 favs are frost white glitter and magenta glitter c: let me know of the things you make  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:20 pm
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Dang it wish we would have talked about this earlier lol I just joined the group today Jo-anns had a 50% two weeks ago and michaels had a 50% last week so keep a look out for when this happens again as I stalked up on like 30 blocks are so all together shopped for both of their 50% as jo-anns only had fimo 50% michaels had it all half. Yeah premo does have some really pretty colors my top 2 favs are frost white glitter and magenta glitter c: let me know of the things you make
oh, poo!
well, that's okay. i had to buy some stuff last week anyway. now im broke. lol. i will have to wait but that's okay. i'm really excited to get back into crafting! :]  

lady-drogo

Generous Gekko

9,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Guildmember 100

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:24 pm
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
oh, poo!
well, that's okay. i had to buy some stuff last week anyway. now im broke. lol. i will have to wait but that's okay. i'm really excited to get back into crafting! :]
Yeah i'v had this crazy crafty urge I set up my desk in my room to hold all my craft supplies but i'v spent ALOT of money on crafts sad to say like more than I would ever spend on clothes lol I should stop buying but I can't stop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:33 pm
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
oh, poo!
Yeah i'v had this crazy crafty urge I set up my desk in my room to hold all my craft supplies but i'v spent ALOT of money on crafts sad to say like more than I would ever spend on clothes lol I should stop buying but I can't stop
i dont even have a desk :c
i want one very badly but i dont have the money at the moment. ive thought about making one myself but im afraid of buying the materials then screwing it up D:
im addicted to craftgawker.com; it makes me want to buy crafting materials a million times more lol.  

lady-drogo

Generous Gekko

9,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Guildmember 100

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:37 pm
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
Electric Teal Chinchilla
lady-drogo
oh, poo!
i dont even have a desk :c
i want one very badly but i dont have the money at the moment. ive thought about making one myself but im afraid of buying the materials then screwing it up D:
im addicted to craftgawker.com; it makes me want to buy crafting materials a million times more lol.
I'v always had a desk in my room from when I first get my bedroom set when I was little so instead of a desk for a computer as mine broke now it's just for crafts c: I heard ikea has a really cheap desk. Totally understandable I'd be worried about making one as well lol I'v never been there :O oh no what have you done lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 pm
E;ectric Teal Chinchilla
i did have one from when i was in first grade, but it was really old and was starting to fall apart.
Really? I'll have to check it out. o;
I'll actually look on their website right now. Thanks for telling me! [:
edit:
wow look at this one! [x]
i'd have to also purchase the shelf to complete the set, but this would be a great crafting station!  

lady-drogo

Generous Gekko

9,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Guildmember 100

Bunni Shui

Fashionable Shopper

5,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:23 pm
Electric Teal Chinchilla
premo, definitely! i used to use polymer a lot. id make little mushrooms and put them on necklaces and sell them.
i would also make turtles and other animals just for fun. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:36 pm
lady-drogo
E;ectric Teal Chinchilla
i did have one from when i was in first grade, but it was really old and was starting to fall apart.
Really? I'll have to check it out. o;
I'll actually look on their website right now. Thanks for telling me! [:
edit:
wow look at this one! [x]
i'd have to also purchase the shelf to complete the set, but this would be a great crafting station!
True c: your welcome oh wow that is really nice! It would be perfect for crafting :] something to save up for  

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

Electric Teal Chinchilla

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:37 pm
Bunni Shui
Electric Teal Chinchilla
premo, definitely! i used to use polymer a lot. id make little mushrooms and put them on necklaces and sell them.
i would also make turtles and other animals just for fun. 3nodding
Premo is my second fav c: yeah I just made a mushroom family last night for the first time 3nodding  
Crafts & DIYs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games