Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokemon Breeders Inc

Back to Guilds

A useful guild for breeding and exchanging pokemon! 

Tags: pokemon, breeder, trade, breeding, eggs 

Reply [[DIY Breeding 'How To']] F.A.Q.s/GUIDES/Help can be found here!
[Breeding for IVS, NATURES, and ABILITIES] A complete guide.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[Breeding for Specifics!] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[IVs, Abilities, Natures, and Item Guide!]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This guide will cover all the basics of breeding, as well as items and tricks you can use to breed for specific things!

To start with, this is the part with the super basic info from the get go, but we'll review it anyway!

HOW TO BREED A POKEMON!

When a mommy and daddy love each other very much, they give their kid a pokemon game.

In this game, X, or Y, there is a little house on route 7 called a Pokemon Day Care. Outside this daycare is a man who's image will later burn into your retinas as you bike past him. But we'll get to that later. Inside is a woman who will take two of your pokemon from you. When you give her two pokemon that can't breed, they will simply level up over time, and the crazy old bat won't give them back until you pay her.

However, if they are capable of breeding, the man outside will turn up with an egg. This egg with hold a baby of the female pokemon.

Congrats, you just bred an egg. Bike around with it for what will feel like ages, and it will hatch.

Read on for the specifics.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:34 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[So What are you Breeding?] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[Which pokemon can breed with which other pokemon!]

So you've probably already figured out that no matter how many times you toss your mew in a daycare, you don't end up with a whole little of little pink kitten things. There's rules to this game, and one of the first is using egg groups.

Every pokemon fits into one of 14 egg groups. Or rather, there are thirteen egg groups and an additional one for everything that can't breed. Any pokemon in an egg group can breed with any other pokemon that shars the same egg group. For example, a Bulbasaur can breed with an Oddish, because they are both a part of the GRASS egg group.

These are all of the groups, linked to the Serebii pages that list the entirety of the group:

:: EGG GROUPS ::

Grass, Field, Monster, Flying, Fairy, Mineral, Dragon, Bug, Amorphous, Human-like, Water-1, Water-2, Water-3, Cannot-Breed

Anddddddd then there's Ditto. Ditto is in sort of it's own group. See, this little glob of pink is a promiscuous little wonder that can breed with -any- pokemon capable of breeding. We assume this is due to it's ability to transform, but we try really hard not to learn how pokesex works after dropping then at the daycare.

There are also pokemon that are in more than one egg group. For example, good old Bulbasaur. Our original grass starter is in both the GRASS egg group, -and- the MONSTER egg group. This means that not only can it breed with other pokemon in the grass egg group, like the before mentioned Oddish, it can also breed with anything in the monster egg group, such as Charmander.

The resulting egg will always be the same pokemon as the -mother-. If you're breed with a ditto, it will never be a ditto. Pretty simple, right?

Let's put this into practice, when are egg groups useful?

Well, lets say I have a Dratini with some really nice stats. This female Noibat I just caught isn't so lucky. she has really poor stats, and I don't want to to all the way back to catch another Noibat for breeding. No problem! If I toss my male Dratini and my female Noibat in the daycare, because of their shared egg group, they'll pop out an egg which will hatch into a Noibat! And if I make use of the items in the next post, I can take advantage of Dratini's good stats and pass them on to the egg too!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Before we move away from egg groups, there's ONE MORE THING!
If you have these seven pokemon, all with perfect of flawless spreads, and male, you will be able to breed any breedable pokemon out there with minimum decent, if not better, ivs. With their powers combined, they cover all of the egg groups. Or you can just luck out and find a ditto with 5+ivs, but we all know that's nearly impossible.

On a side note, I recommend replacing Pansage with Smeargle, but anything int he field group will serve it's purpose.

[THE HEXAFLAWLESS SEVEN]

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[Item Guide!] User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[All the Items Associated with Breeding, and What They DO.]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That brings us to items! Different items can be used to achieve different things when you're breeding. This will cover what each item is, what it does, and where it can be found in X/Y.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:: EVERSTONE :: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Everstone is one of the two items I use pretty much -every- time I breed. By giving an Everstone to one of the two pokemon you are breeding, this ensures that whatever nature that pokemon has, will pass to the egg.

You can get it from the scientist in the leftmost house in Geosenge town.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:: DESTINY KNOT ::User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Destiny Knot is the second item I tend to use every time I breed. Whichever pokemon isn't holding the everstone get's the destiny knot. This is where we get into numbers, the 'math' part that everyone says they have trouble with. I suck at math and I can do this.

Between two parent pokemon there are 6ivs each, so 12 total. Normally of these 12, only 3 are passed down. The destiny knot raises that to 5. So if you have two parent pokemon that each have 5 perfect ivs, that's 10 perfect out of 12, the destiny knot makes it so every egg will have at least 4+ perfect ivs.

You can find the destiny knot in Cyllage City, a maid in a hotel will give it to you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.:: POWER ITEMS ::User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Finally, we have power items.

Power Anklet Speed
Power Band Special Defense
Power Belt Defense
Power Bracer Attack
Power Lens Special Attack
Power Weight Hit Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 pm
<3  

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 pm
<3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:43 pm
<3  

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:44 pm
<3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:47 pm
<3  

Dollottie
Captain

Tipsy Genius

[[DIY Breeding 'How To']] F.A.Q.s/GUIDES/Help can be found here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games