Zeta box set

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hawk_of_Endymion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:44 pm
I was looking in a store today that i've never been in

i was there because my friend told me that they had anime (after one of the major anime stores closed)
while i was looking i found a mobile suit zeta gundam box set with the pencil sharpeners and guide book
it was 103$

i also found volumes 1-6 of gundam wing, war in a pocket,vol. 1 of 0083, and vol. 6 of G

it was pretty surpriseing to find these things, since i wasn't expecting them
(used, and prices rangeing from 13-15$)

is the zeta box set a good buy? the box is wrinkled (not in great shape) and i have no clue what condition the contents are in  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:11 pm
I paid about $150 for mine with the preorder discount, and considering its rarity, I would say that's a pretty good buy. Although only buy it if you don't mind a subtitled show that matches the dub closer than the original Japanese. The single DVD releases of Zeta Gundam have more accurate subtitles, but if you're just looking to watch the dub, go for the box set surprised I personally love the poster it comes with~  

ChibiDuo

Hawk_of_Endymion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:38 pm
k! thanks for the info

i haven't seen many series so i'm hesitant about starting another by just jumping in sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:40 am
I personally don't care about "accurate subtitles" because i'm usually too lazy to watch the show subbed.
Get the boxed set, it's neat and you get the collectible sharpeners. And a poster in there too, which wasn't listed on the box contents. biggrin  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Darksortie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:17 pm
Now if only they would rerelease the boxset with the original openings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:47 pm
Darksortie
Now if only they would rerelease the boxset with the original openings.
Not happening. sad  

Ophiuchus
Captain

hi_nu_gundam8135

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:43 pm
I would say to go for the standard edition DVD's. Yes, it doesn't come with all the nice little extras, but it does have a redone subtitle track that the box set doesn't have. It really irks me taht they did that to the box set, when the people that the set was aimed at was the hard core otaku who would actually care about the subtitles being a bit off. for example its wierd when Sara says "thanks" in Japanese, but the subtitles read "thank you master Paptimus"!
I may have to look in to getting myself the better subtitle track because I tend to switch back and forth between watching the sub and the dub. So it depends if you watch the dub or the sub. It might be a better idea to get it from right stuff, I think they have the box set dirt cheap as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:41 am
The Zeta series was a great series. 3nodding I bought the boxset not too long ago.  

Mutsumi Sanada

Gundam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff