"Annapolis" The Movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:07 pm
I just saw this movie with my dad, I think he was trying to get me to not want to go to the Naval Academy, (Hes been pushing Air Force for some time now sweatdrop ) but anyway the movie I think was slightly better than average. Worth seeing if your a military kinda guy, but it isnt for the "party colledge" guy. So, who has seen it, and what are your views on it?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:04 pm
I saw it with my S.O. and I liked it alot, not quite what I thought it was going to be, in a way it was MUCH better.  

PsychoLilPyro

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 pm
I haven't seen it but then again, Im not really a Navy guy. Army is for me, ubt it looked good none the less.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:59 pm
i saw it but it kinda dissapointed me.  

aaron AKA geico

Fatima al-Faqadi

Shameless Sex Symbol

15,000 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:26 pm
After having actually been there, and it being my class they were "trying" to depict, I can confidentally say that while quite a bit of it was off the mark, all in all it really didn't do all that bad of a job considering it was Hollywood. A few things ticked me off more than other (like hello we do not focus quite that much on boxing hehe and umm that whole upperclass lowerclass romance... and especially the PDA in uniform at the end AHHH scream ) anyways. Like I said, not quite there but it really wasn't half bad accuracy-wise. They kinda blew over the difficulty of some things while over emphasizing others. But they were acurate about the jump scene, that does happen and a Mid in my class tried and several others either turned themselves in or were turned in for suicidal thoughts sad . That and I was mad cause they held the I-day ceremony in the wrong spot (hehe sorry I'm a nit pick for details, never watch a movie with me, but like I said, that was my class and thats not where our ceremony was gonk ) and the rates were mostly right, but they shortened the "how long have you been in the navy one" xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:03 pm
I've not been to the naval acadamy, nor do I aspire to, but the inaccuracy of Annapolis made me cry. There are so many things wrong with the film it could put in the Military Movie Hall of Shame (and if there is no hall for such yet, we should make one for THIS movie!) First thing I noticed during the film is that Annapolis is across the bay from a ship building plant. A ship building plant?? That is completely false. Annapolis (acording to my step-father, who attended the college) was never and isn't currently accross the way from ANY industrial park, whether it make ships or twinkies. Second, they incorperated two main elements into the film that are present at Annapolis but aren't common. This kid wants to be in the Navy, he's obsessed about it. Why not make a film about the acadamy, the training, the hardships in that respect? Hollywood decided why not: they could make a movie about BOXING!! How pleasing to all those Annapolis atendees who BOX!! What a load of CRAP! My step-dad recalled the boxing competition, but he clearly remember that it was not as big of a thing as depicted. The second thing that Annapolis included was love. I'm sure it happens, but the fact it was between a freshman and an older woman who is already involved with TRAINING is astoundingly unfactual. Unless she's a really wierd chick, chances are that wouldn't happen. Chances are also, if she was attractive, that she'd have a boyfriend already (or get one that's better than a boxing freshman.) Things like this in hollywood make me really angry. And not in the way that you write angrily on websites about it, but in the way you drive to hollywood and blow yourself up several times in quick succession. Why must hollywood every single fact about the military? Either they make it seem like an evil thing or they make it seem like a boxing fest! It is very annoying, in my opinion.  

bravo052492

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:03 pm
bravo052492
I've not been to the naval acadamy, nor do I aspire to, but the inaccuracy of Annapolis made me cry. There are so many things wrong with the film it could put in the Military Movie Hall of Shame (and if there is no hall for such yet, we should make one for THIS movie!) First thing I noticed during the film is that Annapolis is across the bay from a ship building plant. A ship building plant?? That is completely false. Annapolis (acording to my step-father, who attended the college) was never and isn't currently accross the way from ANY industrial park, whether it make ships or twinkies. Second, they incorperated two main elements into the film that are present at Annapolis but aren't common. This kid wants to be in the Navy, he's obsessed about it. Why not make a film about the acadamy, the training, the hardships in that respect? Hollywood decided why not: they could make a movie about BOXING!! How pleasing to all those Annapolis atendees who BOX!! What a load of CRAP! My step-dad recalled the boxing competition, but he clearly remember that it was not as big of a thing as depicted. The second thing that Annapolis included was love. I'm sure it happens, but the fact it was between a freshman and an older woman who is already involved with TRAINING is astoundingly unfactual. Unless she's a really wierd chick, chances are that wouldn't happen. Chances are also, if she was attractive, that she'd have a boyfriend already (or get one that's better than a boxing freshman.) Things like this in hollywood make me really angry. And not in the way that you write angrily on websites about it, but in the way you drive to hollywood and blow yourself up several times in quick succession. Why must hollywood every single fact about the military? Either they make it seem like an evil thing or they make it seem like a boxing fest! It is very annoying, in my opinion.
Yeah, there was NO detail of a Rocky movie in the ADs for the movie. It pretty much crapped all over my lap.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:17 pm
Bossman Joe
bravo052492
Yeah, there was NO detail of a Rocky movie in the ADs for the movie. It pretty much crapped all over my lap.

eew, gross. xp  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:43 pm
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
bravo052492

eew, gross. xp
Yeah I yelled in the theater and I got crap from from the other people watching. So I pulled my minigun out from my wallet and blew their heads up like woah. Then I got more crap from the janitor and so I ripped out his spleen using a very sharp spoon. Im so suave.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:43 pm
I bought it for my uncle as an X-Mas present, so I'll only see it once he opens it. (I hope it's good, since I bought it as a present.)  

Dictatorial

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
bravo052492

eew, gross. xp
Yeah I yelled in the theater and I got crap from from the other people watching. So I pulled my minigun out from my wallet and blew their heads up like woah. Then I got more crap from the janitor and so I ripped out his spleen using a very sharp spoon. Im so suave.

i normally avoid using text talk, but... LOL.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:31 pm
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
bravo052492

eew, gross. xp

i normally avoid using text talk, but... LOL.
Ok I lied, I watched on PPV. But you get my point.  

Bossman Joe
Captain

vamp_henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm
I liked the movie, but I was hoping it would be more military. I love boxing movies, but it was supposed to be a military movie, so, yeah. I was looking into Annapolis, so I figured the movie would give me good insight as for what to expect, so that was a let down, but all in all, I think the movie was great.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Bossman Joe
I just saw this movie with my dad, I think he was trying to get me to not want to go to the Naval Academy, (Hes been pushing Air Force for some time now sweatdrop ) but anyway the movie I think was slightly better than average. Worth seeing if your a military kinda guy, but it isnt for the "party colledge" guy. So, who has seen it, and what are your views on it?

i dont actually think so.  

US marine awaits

The American Military Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces