Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Hyper Monkey Force Go Charity Machine Of Doom!

Back to Guilds

Reply Spam Zone
City wide surveillance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invasion of privacy or something necessary?
  Invasion of privacy
  necessary
View Results

Jakalope Rules

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:24 pm
So I just saw this thing on the Daily Planet about this one place that is under serveillance 24-7 and they even have speakers with the camera's so that if they catch people doing anything wrong, they announce it through the speaker and get them to correct what they've done. What do you guys think about this? Do you think its an invasion of privacy or do you think its something necessary?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:08 pm
lol I would not want to be the guy watching the camera's to catch people. That would be SOO boring! Computer's cannot be advanced enough right now to catch everything, they might be able to recognize some things but it's still a long ways off from being fully auto-mated.

As far as privacy goes, if it's a public place then that's their right. But if it's in our homes, or cars or some place like that then it's an invasion of privacy. So to answer the question, I would need to know where the camera's were being placed at.  

Arcanium

Jakalope Rules

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:10 pm
The guy said there was at least 3 guys watching the camera's at all times. And the camera's were NOT in the homes... I am not sure if they were placed where they could see through the windows though... I don't know. The thought of being watched just kind of gives me the chills.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:30 pm
Sounds like it'd solve a lot of cases of random violence and such. I don't know how well those cameras could make out details though. I wouldn't mind that seeing as people are always looking at you out in public, I mean, the camera people wouldn't be specifically following you unless you looked menacing or something  

Lady Ariana The 13th
Crew

Invisible Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jakalope Rules

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:33 pm
Well the camera knowticed a girl dropping a siggaret butt. So I am pretty sure the detail is good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:34 pm
Sounds like good detail to me. As long as it was public only I owuld be fine with it, it would help with the crime. But the moment they try to have it so they can see into homes, or try to put them into homes they cross a major line.  

Arcanium

Lady Ariana The 13th
Crew

Invisible Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:07 pm
Arcanium
Sounds like good detail to me. As long as it was public only I owuld be fine with it, it would help with the crime. But the moment they try to have it so they can see into homes, or try to put them into homes they cross a major line.

Agreed 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:54 am
Lol, that would so suck. It would just tempt me so badly to do something wrong. Like, say they could see into my house. I'd screw right in front of the camera, hahaha!  

KoRnfucius

Spam Zone

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff