Good
  Bad
View Results

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:41 pm
Rennie`
8th March 2007:

As I was sitting here I was thinking how I could improve the Guild more. Then I thought "What about a Miscellaneous Forum?"

Basically, this forum would be where people can chat about anything they like and not in the subject of Egyptology (I suppose you could but the the main forum is for that discussion). You could talk about sports, music or ask members for advice on anything. Word game threads can be created here and little competitions if you like whee

So what do you think? Please give me your advice whee

I think that would be a great idea. The main forum seems to be getting a little cluttered. The Misc. forum could also have topics such as Egyptian-themed projects for home, school, clothes, accessories, etc. I'd be glad to donate if you need it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:03 pm
Nevira Shadowfire
Rennie`
8th March 2007:

As I was sitting here I was thinking how I could improve the Guild more. Then I thought "What about a Miscellaneous Forum?"

Basically, this forum would be where people can chat about anything they like and not in the subject of Egyptology (I suppose you could but the the main forum is for that discussion). You could talk about sports, music or ask members for advice on anything. Word game threads can be created here and little competitions if you like whee

So what do you think? Please give me your advice whee

I think that would be a great idea. The main forum seems to be getting a little cluttered. The Misc. forum could also have topics such as Egyptian-themed projects for home, school, clothes, accessories, etc. I'd be glad to donate if you need it. 3nodding
Aaawww thank you for your input.

When I get home from college later I'll start the new subforum, making an announcement etc etc.  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:05 pm
Yes, I agree- it's a good idea which will give us a place to gather and chat even when we don't have any new information or questions on ancient Egypt to share. I also agree with Nevira- we probably have a few threads in the main forum which were posted before the Misc. Forum was created, but which are now more appropriate to that area. Perhaps they could be moved, to seed the forum with topics of discussion, and demonstrate the sorts of things which can be done there?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:14 am
WebenBanu
Yes, I agree- it's a good idea which will give us a place to gather and chat even when we don't have any new information or questions on ancient Egypt to share. I also agree with Nevira- we probably have a few threads in the main forum which were posted before the Misc. Forum was created, but which are now more appropriate to that area. Perhaps they could be moved, to seed the forum with topics of discussion, and demonstrate the sorts of things which can be done there?
Lol I'm not sure which to send though, hmm, I'll send a few over which I think belong there.

Gosh, I'm the Mod of this Guild yet I have no idea what belongs in the sub forums, lmao!  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:36 pm
LOL! I'm glad that I asked you to move some then... 'cause if you don't know, then I certainly don't stand a chance. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:39 pm
I think we need to advertise more! Why don't we get all the members to put banners in our sigs and run around the GD and the entertainment forms! I just think we need more members. LOL sorry If my sig is sponsering another guild! sweatdrop  

starmeow

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:48 pm
starmeow
I think we need to advertise more! Why don't we get all the members to put banners in our sigs and run around the GD and the entertainment forms! I just think we need more members. LOL sorry If my sig is sponsering another guild! sweatdrop
I have noticed a few members who have put my banner in their signature so when I have the time I'll design some more and make a sticky with the banners and their codes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:36 pm
Hey, I think there should be guidelines under Micellaneous.. there are plenty of great threads in there that might go unnoticed because they're thrown into the "Other" pile!  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

Neshumurru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 pm
After you apointed me I have gone through most of the threads already, and will be moving some into the Archives shortly, I felt it was time we ask the guild what imporvements could be made again, what we could do to keep people active. I've sort of come up with an idea;

Now that towns has become a semi-autorun program we should all meet on there and hang out all of us at once, and show people how cool we are, that might get us new members who are interested in the subject but don't know exactly how to search for something like us.

I would also like to say we should get more banners, and more ways to advertise. I am semi-ok with photoshop and when I use is I incorporate certain things into it that I learned from tutuorials, however, I do not know how to incorporate flash into it (yet) So if someone does and wants me to make them a draft to work with or something I would be glad to. Also, I do not have enough ancient pictures to work with that are easy to intergrate into the banners. So if anyone could give me a site where to look it would be great. Google and Live Search images don't help much.

Edit: Also, if anyone knows how to auto-URL link a banner so it comes straight to our guild's homepage I would be greatly appreciative if you could share the knowledge.

-Neshumuru,
Cheif Drector of Archival Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 am
Neshumurru
After you apointed me I have gone through most of the threads already, and will be moving some into the Archives shortly, I felt it was time we ask the guild what imporvements could be made again, what we could do to keep people active. I've sort of come up with an idea;

Now that towns has become a semi-autorun program we should all meet on there and hang out all of us at once, and show people how cool we are, that might get us new members who are interested in the subject but don't know exactly how to search for something like us.

I would also like to say we should get more banners, and more ways to advertise. I am semi-ok with photoshop and when I use is I incorporate certain things into it that I learned from tutuorials, however, I do not know how to incorporate flash into it (yet) So if someone does and wants me to make them a draft to work with or something I would be glad to. Also, I do not have enough ancient pictures to work with that are easy to intergrate into the banners. So if anyone could give me a site where to look it would be great. Google and Live Search images don't help much.

Edit: Also, if anyone knows how to auto-URL link a banner so it comes straight to our guild's homepage I would be greatly appreciative if you could share the knowledge.

-Neshumuru,
Cheif Drector of Archival Items

'Chief Director of Archival Items', love it, lol!

Anyway if you want I can prove you a link to all of my Egyptian photos (holiday ones and stuff I have randomly added). I can make it accessable to other people too so if they can create their own banners. I did give it a shot myself (in the Welcome to the Egyptology Guild topic) but they aren't brilliant.

I can auto-url xd  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Neshumurru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:51 pm
Well I just need pictures of like Ancient Items, maybe a good shot of a temple, or just something that people will see as "Egyptian" to make the banner out of. That way I have a chance to be able to use something thats not like, a city landscape.

And I'll let you know when I get it edited more, I don't like the way it was going.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:24 am
I go to London several times a year to buy beads and visit my boyfriend, I can take some photos of some of the lovely Egyptian things they have at the British Museum and write a report on the Egypt wing if you'd like smile

I've had to write 2 papers as part of my Ancient History MA, one a comparison between the cult of Isis and the cult of Demeter and another (longer) one on using papyri to write the history of the Egyptian family, if anyone is interested I can post them on here?  

AkibeJosephus

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:27 pm
For another forum I would suggest Ancient Culture... although that seems to include religion I think it goes beyond their belief system, what gods they worshipped and whatnot, into how they lived. WebenBanu's idea about adding a poll might also be very good.

I am very interested in your papers AkibeJosephus!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 am
I have an idea.... maybe we can have some sort of contest to bring people back into this guild. It's dying and I feel like there are ways we could perk some more interest into here.  

evolvingwolf

The Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces