gradius refrences!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vankala
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:15 pm
I don't have one but I just wanted to say that I recently bought a DS and Castlevania: DoS and saw the reference that blade master was talking about...as soon as it turns into that form, I was like, "MOAI!! XD" lmao  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:51 pm
Animaniacs (Genesis): in the science fiction stage, you encounter a Vic Viper. when you hit a switch, it will be launched onto a movie set of a space battle, where it will be destroyed by another Vic Viper with a skull on it (evil vic viper?)

Animaniacs (SNES): in the first part of the science fiction stage, the facehugging aliens first seen in Gradius II and then used in contra games will appear.

The Goonies II (NES): In the underwater sections, if you look hard, you can see moai in the background.

Airforce Delta series: Vic Viper has shown up in some different forms in some of these games. I don't know for sure, but in one, you can pilot the actual vic viper, and even take it into space, where there is a space battle. In another, you can pilot a craft named "Viper" that looks a bit more like Alpinia from Solar Assault Gradius.

Blades of steel (NES) during the halftime show, you can play a minigame where you pilot the Vic Viper and try to destroy a Big Core. It's essentially the same as ripping a boss battle right out of Gradius 1.

Ganbare Goemon/Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES) in chapter 3 (the amusement park), one of the games available to play in the game room is "Gradius". The game is a recreation of the entire first stage of Gradius, from the space battle, to the volcanoes, to big core! Once you've destroyed the Big Core, the game is cleared.  

C-win32
Crew

Ketsui Storm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:15 pm
If I could addanother reference to The DDRMAX2 Gradius song Burning Heat, in DDRMAX (number 1), there's another Gradius song called Gradiusic CYber. It's got a wild beat, but it's pretty good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:20 am
I know that Final Fantasy is made by SquareEnix, but i just wanted to point out that in FF5 at one point in World 3, if you have a submarine, at the lower right part of the map you will see a little moai head. if you don't see it then keep looking. note: it's near land.  

UmbraGallus
Vice Captain

C-win32
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:30 pm
if it isn't a Konami game, it's probably just referencing Easter Island.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 am
Parodius.

It has Vic Viper, Moais and that brain in it.  

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

C-win32
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:19 pm
Parodius is a subseries of Gradius though, so would that really count?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:07 pm
it could if you want.  

blade master55
Vice Captain

C-win32
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:16 pm
Rocket Knight Adventures: In the city stage, one of the pigs is piloting what looks very much like a walking big core, complete with the front shields. Once the shields are gone, it sheds the legs, grows a set of four tentacles, and imitates Tetran!

Konami had a mahjong game for MSX, the title of which I don't know. All of the characters you could play as, though, were assorted Konami characters, including Simon Belmont, Pen Pen, the two stars of the Knightmare series, Goemon, a snatcher, and (most importantly) Venom and a Moai!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:57 am
here's one that i've been meaning to post for awhile, and Umbrella will know it since he's played the game
in Castlevania Order of Ecclisa during the battle with the one chick who causes the waterfall (i forgot the name of the boss) the pillars she dropped, if examined closely have the faces of Maois on them  

blade master55
Vice Captain

UmbraGallus
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:50 pm
lol Yeah i saw that and kept meaning to show my sis. XD I was like "WOAH" lol

oh and there's a Yu-gi-oh card used in real life and in the series call "Gradius" and is an imitation of the Vic Viper. I Personaly have the card called Gradius's Option. :3 It has the same efect as a regular option in the game which gains the same attack and defence as Gradius and is also destroyed if Gradius is destroyed with it. lol  
.:The Official Gradius Guild:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff