Reply Wicked: A New Musical
i am sorry but can somone help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pollyxena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:33 pm
i am not really in this guild. so i am sorry to bother you all. but um, see me and my friend want to sing loathing in our talent show. i mean it is just our school. so i dont know if any of you know anything about like copyright laws and stuff. but we were not sure if we would be able to sing it. anybody have any idea? because i know that in chorus the teacher said we might not be able to sing a RENT song. So ya..... help for a fellow fan?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:25 am
I doubt copyright theft reaches as far as school talent shows.
as far as I know you are free to sing what is this feeling in your talent show
I think its just if you try to make money from the song pirate  

Judy Garland

WickedWitchElphaba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 pm
Sing "What Is This Feeling?" to your heart's content, not like you're making money off of it... Well, unless you win...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:24 pm
As long as you dont go and sell copies for money all you need to do is tell them the name of the song (obivously) and tell them thats its from Wicked and you will be good  

kandyluveer
Crew

CelticChloeGirl444

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 pm
Yeah! but why did she say you might not be able to do a RENT song! It might not have been for copy right reasons!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:13 pm
ShadowFaerie444
Yeah! but why did she say you might not be able to do a RENT song! It might not have been for copy right reasons!

Ya you are probably right, just do some research and find out if you have any doubts or just want to e extra careful  

kandyluveer
Crew

bigslip
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:29 pm
Yes. I beleive you may sing it, as long as you don't make any profit off of it. But, I am not positive.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:41 pm
I think you can, you might want to look on google and search wicked copyright or something like that if you want to make sure  

Elphie_defies

Alyssa_chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:06 pm
I'm sorry, but why would you think that it's copyright infringment? I sing at the talent show all the time! People who sing for talent shows don't actually make up their own songs! That would be ridiculous! Or what about people who diablo? They didn't invent diabloing, did they? So just go for it. But it's called, "What is this feeling?" just ftr.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:55 pm
I just remembered that you are as long as there are no video recordings that go on TV and you aren't aloud to make any profit from it or else it's illegal  

Elphie_defies

Daisuke_and_Dark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:25 pm
you can sing it. Its not copy right.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:07 pm
there should not be a problem the choir I belong to is doing songs from Wicked and we did not have to worry about copyright laws so it should be okay. heart heart  

setsuna-chan22

rawrximaxtoaster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:26 pm
Definately! At my first anime convention some cosplayers did a lipsync to Popular. It's definately not a problem. And considering the Rent thing, it's probably the content of the actual musical. It's not exactly school appropriate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:32 pm
yeah most definitely, my friends sang it last year, and there wasn't a problem. You should do fine. Good luck  

Miss_Fleur_Delacour

Wicked: A New Musical

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff