Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The American Military Guild
F-22 Being replaced by the F-23!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the F-35 was a good choice to receive the JSF award?
  Yes
  Nope
  What is the JSF award? (Number of lazy people)
View Results

Shannon Konekeo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 am
My boyfriend was telling me about how great the F-23 was supposed to be, but is it already time to replace the F-22 Raptor which isn't already in full swing yet? I can't beleive the D.O.D. would even think of doing that already.

Who knows about the JSF Multi Role Fighter the F-35? (Joint Strike Fighter) It was made to replace the F-16 and F-14. It is supposed to be the most high tech plane in service. It has so far been made in the U.K. to start replacing the Harrier and in the United states to replace the average F-16 and the fast & hard to fly two seater the F-14 Tomcat. It is made to be a Fighter slash Attacker aircraft capable of replacing the heavily used F-18 Hornet and Super hornet. It is made to take off vertically from a small deck like the British Harrier due to the fact that you simply do not have enough space on a small British Carrier to Luanch and land Jets.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:53 pm
they're not replacing the f-22. the f-23 was merely competition with the f-22 for attention from the AF. from what i hear, the f-23 black widow II project was cancelled. it's a shame, really. that thing was supposed to have performed awesome, but they were having some stability issues with it.

and yes, the f-35 is supposed to come into play relatively soon. in 2028, it will take over the role of the A-10. which, needless to say, i am unhappy about...  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm
Silvrtide
they're not replacing the f-22. the f-23 was merely competition with the f-22 for attention from the AF. from what i hear, the f-23 black widow II project was cancelled. it's a shame, really. that thing was supposed to have performed awesome, but they were having some stability issues with it.

and yes, the f-35 is supposed to come into play relatively soon. in 2028, it will take over the role of the A-10. which, needless to say, i am unhappy about...
Well, the good old A-10 should still have plenty of time for you to use.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:58 pm
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

yes... yes, i suppose it will.  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

TurinTurambarSonOfHurin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:18 pm
Silvrtide

yeah, they won't replace the f22 so soon. even now, it's still the most advanced fighter in the world.

and if they replace my beloved a-10, i will cry in front of them so hard that they will want to...do...something. im getting senile in my old age.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 pm
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

yes... yes, i suppose it will.

The A-10 is a damn good tank killer... I'm sure it'll be in service for quite some time longer. It proved very valuable to us against the armor of Saddam Hussein's Republican Guard during Operation Desert Storm. 3nodding  

Baron Marine Kommandant

The American Military Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff