Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kaibutsu Solo E (J rock and Visual Kei Guild)

Back to Guilds

Reply [::=- The KSE Hangout! -=::]
How did you discover jrock? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bubblescum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:56 am
It comes with the general J-obsession [sad...>___<]
First it was manga. That got me into anime. Which got me into J-music. That then morphed into J-rock/VK. Now it's mainly just VK/Oshare.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:59 am
MY GOD I envy you people with friends into J-rock >___<;;
I'm all aaaaalone in it.  

Bubblescum

Duchess Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am
Okay my friend Lee. Sent me some Malice Mizer. Said it was good. She was wrong it was abfabulous. So My friend alex and I went on a ungodly hunt for more where we found Old Diru. Omg Love! We spread it throughout our school and across the county soon everyone we ever talked to in NC knew us and wanted us to give me J-ROCK! I J-ROCK THE WORLD! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:00 pm
I can't believe how many people got into jrock here because of Diru! That's so awesome. xDDD

I also was brought into it through them. I had a friend about 8 years ago (We rarely talk anymore though... ;o; ).. and he was big into gothic lolita and Malice Mizer. So I asked him to burn me a cd of his japanese stuff... which was a mix cd of old La:Sadies, Malice Mizer, and Diru. It was about 3 years after that I started getting hardcore into jrock and buying the magazines to find new bands.  

Hayansonyeo

Fashionable Prophet

3,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Izumi_Ishistar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:09 am
A friend asked me if I could look something up of her fav. band tokio hotel. I got to a site and somebody mentioned miyavi (still trying to find out why) and I looked him up. I found a live show where he only screamed with music playing on the background, not my fav. for sure (I think freedom fighters live popjam) and didn't really thought about it anymore.
Later I found some other songs, don't know why and liked them, never told anyone since it was so different from what I used to listen and language barriers are big with a lot of my friends. Later one of my friends send me an an cafe pv and I was like I know that one. Then she send more and together the j-rocklove in us never died.
I never told her I reconized it, I don't know why. It's more fun to tell her this obsession is her fault xp
Btw at the moment I love miyavi's music, that was just a bad concert and he looked like some of the people I mostly like to avoid in real life sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:18 pm
well I was surfing over the internet, searching for things about Japan. it began with manga, anime, games and music of anime and games. so I ended up on a page with several links to anime, games and music. so I clicked one link to a dutch forum about J-rock. so I read a few pages and noticed a few bandnames. wondering how it sounds I go on looking for links to hear the music. so I end up on a page with videoclips of J-rock. I see a familiar bandname (in fact: Dir en Grey with the song Cage) and I click it. since the moment I've seen that video my soul is sold to the J-rock and Dir en Grey blaugh heart

and yes another one who became addicted because of Diru whee  

ayena
Crew

the_noodle00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 am
The problem with my obsession is that I don't know where to download more songs. I don;t really have money to buy new CDs so I'm really hoping that my friend Haru can get me some. She went to visit her grandparents in Japan.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:07 pm
the_noodle00
The problem with my obsession is that I don't know where to download more songs. I don;t really have money to buy new CDs so I'm really hoping that my friend Haru can get me some. She went to visit her grandparents in Japan.
I'm jealous... I don't have any friends who have family in Japan... so it's downloading and searching the internet for cd's...  

ayena
Crew

Shiro495

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:22 pm
Watching Anime and reading manga broght me into it. I just felt attracted to the beautiful lyrics and sounds...First bands I ever heard was Gackt and Dir En Grey.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 pm
I discovered J-rock a few months ago in February... so recent! gonk I was in Borders getting manga, and I saw a random issue of Shoujo Beat being sold, and I had heard about it so I bought it... and it had a few pages on J-rock. I thought the picture of Hyde was so hawt so I listened to him... xDDD And I fell in love with J-rock, the end! What's funny is right now I'm actually listening to the first j-rock song I ever heard, Seasons Call. I've only just recently started listening to a TON of j-rock bands, so... any recommendations?  

Psycho Maniac Bubble

[ - Sachiel - ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:15 am
Bubblescum
MY GOD I envy you people with friends into J-rock >___<;;
I'm all aaaaalone in it.

Me too, for the most part. >_<;;

Anyway, to keep on topic, I actually only just started this a month ago. <3 I listened to An Cafe first-- Smile Ichiban Ii Onna was my first song and I swear I listened to it for hours on YouTube whenever I was on. x.x I was in love
Then came alice nine., Dir En Grey, Nightmare...
A whole lot, let's just say. xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:29 am
I was 17 I believe, I had herd a song on someones website don't remember what song though XD I found out the name of who was singing it and it started from there.  

WHOSARETHEBEST

[::=- The KSE Hangout! -=::]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces