Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have u read it
  yes
  no
View Results

Snowlight Silent Night

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:28 pm
i got the 7th book at midnight at my book store i was the 8th person to get the book.I read it all morning and finished it in 16 hours  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:02 pm
is anybody in this guild on or is everyone one reading the book.I guess so am not going to say anything about the book until people read it but when i was reading it i was enither crying or laughing most of the time(mostly crying)  

Snowlight Silent Night

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:17 pm
Well I finished the book too
and I finished it in okay wait..because
my dad didnt want to get it at lik 2 in
the morning he went around 4 so when
he got home around 5 and he gave it to
me about 5:10 am and I finished the book
at 3:22 that's like 10 hours and 12 minutes
but I have friends who reads much faster then
me. Anyways. I thought he book was pretty eh. I
mean there are times in the book where you're just going
"EH! Dont Kill Him yet!" or "What?! They died!" or "What the heck
is gonna happen next!" and then there are the times like
"That was so predictable." or "Dude what was that? that
part was a joke" I cried though especially of all those
people who died and then Dumbledore. OMG! I was
so surprised with his quest in his earlier days
for the Hallows.
Pretty much I though
it was a great book. I just wish
that Jk Rowling didnt end the series.
I mean she can make a continuation with
Harry Potter and his friend's kids and all that.
Oh and I cant believe that she killed off one of the
twins! and that Harry was the seventh Hocrux, well
that was kinda like "whoa didnt see that
coming" and that ROn would act that way
in the beginning but I was so glad when he
came back though. It was sort of
predictable to people who hoped that Harry
would die that Ginny and him were going to
end up together or that it would be Ron
and Hermione. And I was pretty impressed on how
Snape acted this whole time. He had
protected or kinda sorta in ways more than one Harry because of his love for Lily Evans. Wow. I/m rereadint
the book right now. But Tonks and Lupin and
Mad Eye's Death and not to mention
FRED was a TOTAL Blow.
I felt attached to them in a sort of way and Mrs. Weasley! She cussed! that was pretty cool! anyways yeah..>.>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:41 am
Okay as many of you know, i have been an avid HP fan for many MANY years... It was one of the few things that supported me through not only a lack of friends in elementary and parts of middle school but also the books and Harry Potter Fandom with their wild theorys and fanfictions helped me to survive the deaths of both grandmothers, the loss of several pets and many supposed heartbreaks before i met my beloved mason... However i regret to inform you all that my inner Harry Potter fangeek chose to have a very well timed demise at the completion of my reading the 7th and thankfully final book. I was severely dissapointed in the scarcity of entertaining plot twists, the gaping hole where any sort of surprise might have resided, the just overall LACK of stimulating material in this book. She could have done SO much with it... There were SO many pathways, theorys, spinny-go-roundabouts that she could have taken in this final addition to the great series, that i want to take the finished copy and throw it at her demanding that she try again because she failed... And the just complete and utter lameness and impossibility in the story is overwhelming. It was like reading a poorly written and badly thought out fanfiction... I keep waiting for someone to jump out and say "PSYCH! heres the real copy that was just a hoax!" I mean for gods sake they have RON speak parsletounge at one point!!! Wasn't it thoroughly stressed in book 2 that only a fair few DESCENDENTS OF SALAZAR SLYTHERIN possesed that ability? And yet during the final battle we have RONALD WEASELY breaking into the bloody CHAMBER OF SECRETS to wrest basilisk fangs from the snakes dead body... ITS REDICULOUS!!!! I mean at the end HARRY DIES!!! He DIES!!! and goes to what i assume is ment to be limbo... AND THEN COMES BACK! He goes to limbo talkes to dumbledore for a bit and then COMES BACK!!!!!!!! And then if that isn't bad enough... The final standoff after harry returns from the dead? IS SO ANTICLIMATIC! Harry gives the "look at how insignifigant you are" speech, Molly weasely finishes off Bellatrix and then just as the sun comes up Harry and Voldie both cast spells and Harry wins... I am so pissed... I mean up until this point the books have at least maintained a small line of credulity... some small bit of rules that at least let the most wistful of us believe that there MIGHT be a chance that it could happen.... BUT NO! She completely destroys any idea of capability in this book... I was happy to be right about some things... like R.A.B. was sirius' brother and yeah he used Kreacher to get the locket snape wasn't really evil, and was in love with lily... (no he wasn't harry's real dad much to my dissapointment but HELL even that would have been a better more realistic twist than some of the s**t she put in it) And yeah draco turned out not to be so bad either though he never did openly declare himself good... and his son 19 years later turns out to be named Scorpius... SCORPIUS!!! what is his family? Obsessed with the Zodiac much?!?! Rawr... I mean not even the humor was up to snuff in this one and usually she has some pretty decent jokes... but the funniest part that i was able to find was when by some miraculous event involving harry showing a bit of compassion. Kreacher was transformed into the perfect servant houself... but even that lost some of its shine after a couple of pages... I personally give J.K. two thumbs down for this pathetic attempt at a close for one of my favorite series ever... And i don't reccomend any true Harry Potter fan read it... Keep your illusions, suggestions, and theories... I can GUARENTEE you that they are better, more credible, and just all around more likely, exciting and enticing than what she's trying to pass off as the real ending... Maybe she's gone mad in the years of Pottermania, maybe she was just tired of it all and wanted to rush to the end, maybe she just lost her touch... i don't know and probably never will, but whatever the reason J.K. was certainly far off the mark with this one... and i for one am extrodinarily dissapointed.  

mistress_of_insanity

AzulAmiga93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:27 am
i finished it in 24 hours, but it was SO good!!!!
it wasn't like her other books at all, it was SO much better! compared to this book, the other books suck.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:38 pm
i like the 7th the best 2  

Snowlight Silent Night

Snowlight Silent Night

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:44 pm
what was kinda scarely i made a guess that snape was good he was and i guessed that harry was then 7th but voldmont didn't mean it to be and it was and i was like omg  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 pm
i haven't finished it just yet. but i was totally crying in chapter 4. I'm only in 12 right now. I'm totally loving it! loving the Ron/Hermione action and a little pity for the Harry/Ginny parts. And lupin really does care about Tonks! kawaii!  

Trigger Happy Xigbar

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:29 pm
mistress_of_insanity
Okay as many of you know, i have been an avid HP fan for many MANY years... It was one of the few things that supported me through not only a lack of friends in elementary and parts of middle school but also the books and Harry Potter Fandom with their wild theorys and fanfictions helped me to survive the deaths of both grandmothers, the loss of several pets and many supposed heartbreaks before i met my beloved mason... However i regret to inform you all that my inner Harry Potter fangeek chose to have a very well timed demise at the completion of my reading the 7th and thankfully final book. I was severely dissapointed in the scarcity of entertaining plot twists, the gaping hole where any sort of surprise might have resided, the just overall LACK of stimulating material in this book. She could have done SO much with it... There were SO many pathways, theorys, spinny-go-roundabouts that she could have taken in this final addition to the great series, that i want to take the finished copy and throw it at her demanding that she try again because she failed... And the just complete and utter lameness and impossibility in the story is overwhelming. It was like reading a poorly written and badly thought out fanfiction... I keep waiting for someone to jump out and say "PSYCH! heres the real copy that was just a hoax!" I mean for gods sake they have RON speak parsletounge at one point!!! Wasn't it thoroughly stressed in book 2 that only a fair few DESCENDENTS OF SALAZAR SLYTHERIN possesed that ability? And yet during the final battle we have RONALD WEASELY breaking into the bloody CHAMBER OF SECRETS to wrest basilisk fangs from the snakes dead body... ITS REDICULOUS!!!! I mean at the end HARRY DIES!!! He DIES!!! and goes to what i assume is ment to be limbo... AND THEN COMES BACK! He goes to limbo talkes to dumbledore for a bit and then COMES BACK!!!!!!!! And then if that isn't bad enough... The final standoff after harry returns from the dead? IS SO ANTICLIMATIC! Harry gives the "look at how insignifigant you are" speech, Molly weasely finishes off Bellatrix and then just as the sun comes up Harry and Voldie both cast spells and Harry wins... I am so pissed... I mean up until this point the books have at least maintained a small line of credulity... some small bit of rules that at least let the most wistful of us believe that there MIGHT be a chance that it could happen.... BUT NO! She completely destroys any idea of capability in this book... I was happy to be right about some things... like R.A.B. was sirius' brother and yeah he used Kreacher to get the locket snape wasn't really evil, and was in love with lily... (no he wasn't harry's real dad much to my dissapointment but HELL even that would have been a better more realistic twist than some of the s**t she put in it) And yeah draco turned out not to be so bad either though he never did openly declare himself good... and his son 19 years later turns out to be named Scorpius... SCORPIUS!!! what is his family? Obsessed with the Zodiac much?!?! Rawr... I mean not even the humor was up to snuff in this one and usually she has some pretty decent jokes... but the funniest part that i was able to find was when by some miraculous event involving harry showing a bit of compassion. Kreacher was transformed into the perfect servant houself... but even that lost some of its shine after a couple of pages... I personally give J.K. two thumbs down for this pathetic attempt at a close for one of my favorite series ever... And i don't reccomend any true Harry Potter fan read it... Keep your illusions, suggestions, and theories... I can GUARENTEE you that they are better, more credible, and just all around more likely, exciting and enticing than what she's trying to pass off as the real ending... Maybe she's gone mad in the years of Pottermania, maybe she was just tired of it all and wanted to rush to the end, maybe she just lost her touch... i don't know and probably never will, but whatever the reason J.K. was certainly far off the mark with this one... and i for one am extrodinarily dissapointed.

well I do agree with you in some of the points you pointed out but it wasnt that dissapointing if you ask me  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:17 pm
I've read it too!! Twice, now... and counting blaugh
I was the third one to get the book [but the first one to get the adult version].. finished reading it in 10hours!! yay!!
The book's very serious and very surprising.. i mean, we expect the surprise but then eventhough we expect it, when it comes out, it is still surprising!! [with me so far?sorry, if you get confused]
i was right about the locket though, that the same one in the cupboard in Number 12 Grimmauld Place (i post a topic on it 4laugh ) and about Dumbledore's the one who asked Snape to kill him (mentioned it in one of the topics).. but really, the part where Snape's in love with Lily... didn't see that one coming! Altough it's a known fact that Snape's always been jealous of James but well, who would have thought it's because of Lily..
And i cried when Harry told his son Albus Severus that his name is that of the 2 greatest Hogwarts headmaster... altough that's not the only time i cried.. i'm posting a topic of the parts that makes you emotional..
And Mad-Eye, Lupin, Tonks and Fred died.. and Dobby, don't forget that! And Kreacher being so good and "servicable" (oh, okay,help me find other words to describe!)... it's definitely my favourite!!  

creutz

The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff