43%
 43%  [ 18 ]
Nope.
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Maybe, but I'm here just to vote.
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Mrs. Smith didn't follow this guide, and she was eaten by angry werefleas.
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 41

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:32 am
Here's a few simple tips on what gets you money in Gaia:

*Corrected and improved.*

- Posting and voting is fun, but it's the lesser source of money overally. The more you post a day, the less money each consecutive post gives, and same with voting.

- Jigsaw is quite an easy way to make money. Hard level puzzles give 100-200 gold each, and you may get an item from them. If you really like puzzles, Insane gives you 400-800 gold for less than one hour of work (if you've got some puzzle skills.)

- Don't dismiss the Daily Chance, use it everyday on all eight sections. You may end up with a few hundred gold off it. And I mean a few hundreds a day.

- When the monthly collectibles come out, they're usually at 10k-15k gold each. Buy some if you can. And keep them. Then one or two months later, you may be able to sell them for double their original value, or even more.

- Buy low and sell high on all items at marketplace. But that's almost too obvious.

- Fishing may be a good source too, if you can afford the good rods (I'd say Performance) and grade A bait... You can get tenfold what you invest on them on your first fishing run (or surely by the fifth) by selling the fishes. *Corrected: Basic rod and Grade F bait gives better profit, because you'll still be getting the lame little fishes often even with the best rod.

- If you get a gift/box from a random event, don't open it, sell it for the average price (check marketplace.) You could get a good item off those boxes, but 95% of the time you'll get worthless crap off them (and losing an easy 5-15k gold for items worth 100 gold is downright stupid.)

Well, that's all, hope it's helpful for all those wondering why they can't buy the cool shiny gear others can. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:09 pm
-Or you can do like me and make a realistic but actually a good avatar without spending a whole OMGZ 5000000000!!!!11111 goldz ... xP seriously can people ever be satisfied?  

Polarismad91

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:13 pm
What else is there to do in Gaia? Socialize? rolleyes

And hey, my avatar's only worth around 100k gold, and looks way better than some others I've seen around.

Edit: And when I say only, I say it because I'm used to MMORPGs, where 100k gold is what I have in gear by level 15.

Too bad you can't hunt n00b trolls in Gaia like you can in MMORPGs...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:11 pm
This ws really helpful! Thanks for posting it. 3nodding  

xXOblivion_AliceXx

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:15 pm
Good to see it's useful for others too.

After all, I'm just done selling a lot of stuff and buying another lot.

Total Gold Earned: 204,503g
Total Transactions: 61

Ouch? My total gold counting all my items stocked should be around 300k right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:40 pm
Good suggestions, thanks! biggrin  

x_Hunny Senpai_x

ray meyota shadow ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:06 pm
uh no disrespect bu i sort of knew hat already except the last one so uh good job i guess  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:11 pm
its not working gonk
i'll be a goner for the rest of my sad life in gaia crying  

The Orange Factor

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 am
@Ray: Well, the guide is, like any other guide in existance, for those who don't know how. Or for those who think they know how but are still missing a few pointers (and as you see by the correction in fishing, I'm also learning constantly...) No offense taken, really. If you already knew, then you were already on the right track.

@Michiyo: What isn't working? If it's the games, it can either be because of your computer (can't help you there,) or your browser. I have not, and don't ever intend to, test Gaia with Internet Explorer. In fact, it's been five years since I used IE for anything but seeing what they'd stolen off Firefox in their newer versions.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:47 pm
o.0; i didn;t think of the gift box thing!! now i feel stupid for always opening them, knowing i'm gonna get a stupid item off it anyway. sweatdrop i hate the nightmare boots, and i already have half a dozen full prison sets! xp  

twilight insanity

Gaaraface rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Gaaraface

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 am
User Image
Thanks for the great information, I didn't know they gave that much gold for doing puzzles in Hard & Insane^^
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:52 am
Awesome advise! ;D

CHIC KAPO

Grima4111

3,100 Points
  • Athlete 50
  • Medalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:01 pm
Umm if you computer shuts down while playing games, Then I don't think the games part will work.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:49 pm
thnx for posting this  

Aku_Death
Crew

Dark Shadow Sniper
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:47 pm
Hmm, very interesting. I think it could be usefull.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff