Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Entertainment
Tokio Hotel! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aside from Japanese songs, what other language of music do you listen to most?
Spanish
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Chinese
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Korean
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
German
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Russian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sign Language? Lol, just kidding. I don't listen to any international song besides Japanese.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:10 am
User Image
I'd like to introduce you all to one of my favorite bands, Tokio Hotel!

Tokio Hotel is a German rock band that started in 2001 and is still ongoing. Their band consist of Gustav Schafer(left), Bill Kaulitz (center left), Tom Kaulitz (center right), and Georg Listing (right).

The majority of their songs were written by their lead vocalist (Bill) in collaboration with some of their producers. They've released four number one singles and two number one albums. Their very first song, "Durch den Monsun" and "Schrei" earned them the Best Newcomer award in Germany. Just in 2007, the band has won 15 awards from various European countries.

For those of you who are interested in hearing some of their work, here are some Youtube links to their videos:

Video 1: Spring Nicht (Don't Jump)

Video 2: Durch Den Monsun (Through the Monsoon)

Video 3: Übers Ende Der Welt (Ready Set Go!)

Well there you have it, my favorite German band. If any of you are a bit wary because they are German, don't worry! There are English versions for nearly all of their songs! Either way, Bill sung very beautifully in both versions.

The band will be having a "1000 Hotel Tour" in 2008. When their tickets were released, most sold out within the hour in countries all around Europe. Let's cross our fingers and hope that they decide to visit the U.S.!

Discuss
What did you think of Tokio Hotel?
Do you like many German artists/bands?
Why did they spell it "Tokio"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:29 pm
We are allowed to have those links are we? I dun wanna have a double standard w/ ur post n a past one.

ANYWAY!!

OMFG BIIIIIIIIIILL! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!!

I haven't had a band to listen to in FOREVER and now I finally have something! Gawd! Tokio Hotel is AWESOME in both languages! FOR THE WIN MAN! Bill has a beautiful voice and omg he is so cute XD They've totally topped Linkin Park for me right now. I never thought of German other than like a really hard core metal language but Bill taught me how wrong and ignorant I am XD HURRAY HURRAH FOR BILL!!

They better come to the US! XD!

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

heartlessHACHI

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:50 pm
eek OH..MY...GOD. WOW! I have just fallen in love once again! I followed the first link and I'm hearing the song right now..wow! I loved it from the moment I heard his voice! I love it! Wow my new fav band. This is awsome dude, thanks for showing me this. I REALLY like it.

the only other german band I've heard of is Rammstein. And they're nothing like Tokio Hotel from what I'm hearing right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:59 pm
YES! LINH HAS INFECTED ANOTHER!!!................. Bill is mine though XD

He does have a nice voice doesn't he? Not bad for a 18yr old man! WOOHOO!! Maybe he's still free XD Lmao! But yeah Ramnsetin is the only other German band I listen to and they're NOTHING like them. I like it alot. They've totally one uped Linkin Park for me X_X  

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Well, Youtube is pretty much linked throughout all of Gaia. Our profiles have Youtube videos on them. It's not like you can download anything straight off of Youtube. Now you can use another site to download but I'm not giving that one away. C:

Moving on...Yes! Another Tokio Hotel fan has been borned! All those days of me listening to German songs finally paid off! XD They seem to be able to hook people in from just their first song. I sure hope they come to the U.S. soon!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:00 am
I'd love to see Bill in concert *drool*  

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:36 pm
I totally fell in love with Bill all over again LOL I was watchin vids with all his pics... omfg he has the CUTEST! smile EVER!!!! EVEEEEER!!!!!! I mean it was like OMFG Cloud cute! And no one can rank up to that! O_O WHAT THE HECK!! Gawd he's so cute!!! I love his style!!

Ya know, on youtube so many say he's a girl but they're just jealous!! He's a very good looking guy!!!!! They all know they'd date him but to feel straight they gotta say he's all girly and he'd look good as a girl... >_> BAH! Stupid idiots!

BILL XD COME TO THE USA!!!!!!! lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:25 pm
XD It's a Bill fever! Pssh screw what they say, Bill is hot. >3 Though he's good looking, his voice is even better.  

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:34 pm
Bill's got the best of like everything! He's cute, has an AWESOME fashion sense, the cutest smile, and a meeeeeeeeelting voice! Sounds like someone else we totally go fangirlly over... oh yeah Michihiro!! Hahaha XD But Michi is still first, Bill is close for meeeeee! Poor Chester... he got deranked... lol gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:05 pm
Hehe...Michi. C: He isn't called God for nothing! As of now I like Bill as much as Michihiro, I'll have to give it some time though since Bill is new so the excitement and stuff is still there.  

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:28 pm
I totally got their EP from Hot Topics XD Listening to Scream right now! HAHAHAHA!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:47 pm
They need to start selling the full CDs. >_< Just singles isn't cutting it!  

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:36 pm
Seriously!! I mean it works but I want to hear all of Bills beautiful songs! LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:14 pm
At least have all of the singles available. >P I like Ready Set Go but I want Don't Jump and Rescue Me too!!  

Inorganic Lord Rosiel
Captain

Clouds_Lover
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:05 am
*runs around* Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill XD  
Entertainment

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers