Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Guild
Fat Perks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think there are more perks than negatives in being a fat person?
Yes! *pokes fat*
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
No.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Just as many negatives as positives.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Jinnari Kisaragi

Divine Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm
Ok, we are always hearing the negatives of being fat? What do you find are the perks?

As a fat girl myself...there are quite a few:

1) Boobs. The extra fat has to have somewhere to go. ^_^ And big boobs have perks all their own. Other curves are generous too.

2) People like to feed you, giving you extra at restaurants and giving you better service. I am not sure if it is out of fear that "hey, gotta make the big chick happy or she'll eat us" or not...

3) At least with me...people are more inclined to talk to me, even if i am alone and looking like a bum. I think it is something with the usually negative "jolly fat person" stereotype.

4) when you are walking in crowds and need to get somewhere...people move out of your way and if not...you can move them out of your way. In New York...that came in handy.

5) You are not easily moved. When I stand firm...I can't fall over through pushing, tugging, the ground rocking, or wind.

6) You are a walking human pillow. People touch, sleep, and snuggle with me a lot.

7) Warmness (this is as much of a perk as it is a negative.)

8 ) The extra padding allows for falling and not breaking bones. You are more durable.

You may feel free to discuss more below and times that these have helped you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 pm
*purrs*

I didn't know that number 2 was common outside my own little "community". Hmm. ninja

You have a lovely way of describing things. x3  

Fuzzy Necromancer
Captain

Jinnari Kisaragi

Divine Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:08 pm
Um...yeah. It happens. I am just kind of like never sure if it out of fear or that the like you. I get free samples to try new stuff. People give me extra portions sometimes. They even recommend foods and stuff. Then again I do get those "I'll help you lose weight" assholes too. I'm at a damned buffet, do I look like I WANT your help losing weight? I'm eating more veggies than you! *grumbles*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:33 am
It's my excuse for never getting out of bed! Too big to walk sorry people gotta take care of me biggrin  

FroggiePajamas

Fuzzy Necromancer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:14 pm
I kinda doubt they're afraid of you eating them Jinnari. x.x That doesn't tend to happen much, outside of expansion forums and PAWG art.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 pm
I wish I was fat. Oh well, at least there are chubby chicks out there. 3nodding heart  

The_Ky-Guy

Transcendental Plan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 pm
I think the extra portions are caused by the "she probably eats more" assumption. Which is a scientific (and stereotypical) generality, since on average, the body needs more calories to sustain each pound of weight, but there are more complicated factors at work, including metabolic rates and medical conditions.

I went to Japan with an American friend of mine, and they insisted we eat SO MUCH FOOD. Apparently they love feeding Americans. We spent the whole trip stuffed to the gills, prettymuch. Of course, I think I actually lost weight there, it was all so wholesome and healthy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:09 am
I know when my mom goes to pick up my Chinese food from the Take-Out place they always make up a huge order of Lo Mein extra and toss ito n our order for free.  

FroggiePajamas

Transcendental Plan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm
Obviously, the ultimate perk of being a fat female is that I may be more attracted to you, since I am the most desirable of catches.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:11 am
xD Heh heh heh.  

Fuzzy Necromancer
Captain

I want a vampire

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:27 am
i find i get away with stuff... i.e if i get into trouble at school i just go "ITS CAUSE IM FAT ISN'T IT!!!!!!!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:14 am
And that works? o.0  

Fuzzy Necromancer
Captain

Jinnari Kisaragi

Divine Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:52 am
This was one that was half way concocted by something my uncle (who is 600+lbs and 6ft4in) says all of the time. You get noticed more often. No one can say they didn't see you. Even if they don't come up and speak to you...they typically wave or nod to acknowledge you. They have little choice in the matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:39 pm
Well put it this way: I got away with 1 guy ending up in a full body cast! because he was being a complete jerk so i pushed him down a "Few" flights of stairs and the teachers were just like: Oh im sure it was just an accident.. I smilied sweetly and said uh huh and i didn't get into trouble!! biggrin i was trying SOOO hard not to laugh at him.. But i did end up feeling REALLY bad biggrin sweatdrop But he was being a jerk! whee He deserved it!!! lol  

I want a vampire

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Fuzzy Necromancer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:41 am
Hmm. Don't you think that was less likely due to your fatness and more to your deceptive appearance of big-eyed innocence?  
The Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff