Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
Reading Style~ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
sure
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
dont need it, but fine anyways
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 pm
What is your favorite reading genre? What do you like about it? Favorite book of a certain genre? Prefer suspense, humor, horror, mystery, romance, historical, fiction- or non-fiction, crime novels, sci fi, supernatural, etc... ?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:43 am
I have two favorites!
One is Fantasy and I don't have one favorite book, I have a favorite trilogy The Trinity by Fiona McIntosh. I actually cried at the end of this trilogy. McIntosh is a very powerful writer, I felt a deep connection with all of the characters and by the end they seemed as real to me as the people I meet day to day.

My other favorite is Sci-Fi. My favorite Sci-Fi book is Light of Other Days by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter. If you like Sci-Fi and are yet to read this book you MUST! I can hear your poor imagination screaming to be let out!
They explore time travel in a very innovative way and also touch on the possibilities of mankind's origins. Very powerful book that will have you thinking long after you've put it down.

....Huh, I started with the intent to list my favorites, and finished with a book review. lol

Mrs Reaper

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:18 am
Mrs Reaper
I have two favorites!
One is Fantasy and I don't have one favorite book, I have a favorite trilogy The Trinity by Fiona McIntosh. I actually cried at the end of this trilogy. McIntosh is a very powerful writer, I felt a deep connection with all of the characters and by the end they seemed as real to me as the people I meet day to day.

My other favorite is Sci-Fi. My favorite Sci-Fi book is Light of Other Days by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter. If you like Sci-Fi and are yet to read this book you MUST! I can hear your poor imagination screaming to be let out!
They explore time travel in a very innovative way and also touch on the possibilities of mankind's origins. Very powerful book that will have you thinking long after you've put it down.

....Huh, I started with the intent to list my favorites, and finished with a book review. lol

I love sci-fi and specially those of time travel they often have a lot of interesting theories, I'll have to check that one out. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:23 am
Let me know when you've read it. It's a fantastic book. 3nodding

Mrs Reaper

Turtle Sensei

Conservative Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm
I have 2 favorites as well!

Historical fiction/sci-fi - Theodore Judson, Michael Flint, William Dietrich, etc.

Fantasy: Charles de Lint, Ursala K LeGuinn, Madeline L'Engle, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:27 pm
Turtle Sensei
I have 2 favorites as well!

Historical fiction/sci-fi - Theodore Judson, Michael Flint, William Dietrich, etc.

Fantasy: Charles de Lint, Ursala K LeGuinn, Madeline L'Engle, etc.

I have some books of Madeline L'Engle, she's a good author.  

Artemis Gly
Captain

Little Silver Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:33 am
I really like sci-fi , fantasy, and stuff about the supernatural in general. Twilght etc. and Eragon (eldest). I am absolutely obsessed with the many works of Madeline L-Engle! I'm also really into action-packed books. Like, Artemis Fowl (isn't really as action packed, but it's an amazing book), and Tamora Pierce is an amazing author too. My friend recently got me hooked on diana wynne jones. She writes about magic and all sorts of stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:45 am
I'm into just about anything, so long as it keeps my attention.

Runkle

Genius

rouge3
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:06 am
I read anything as long as it seems interesting, I don't prefer anything over anything  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:48 pm
Horror,fiction and romance. heart  

Vickrae

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 am
allez-crystal
Horror,fiction and romance. heart

My Fave Three!!! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:31 am
Hmm. . . I have to say fantasy, medieval literature, and science fiction. heart  

RubyLight

curlycute6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:40 am
Must Love Flute
I really like sci-fi , fantasy, and stuff about the supernatural in general. Twilght etc. and Eragon (eldest). I am absolutely obsessed with the many works of Madeline L-Engle! I'm also really into action-packed books. Like, Artemis Fowl (isn't really as action packed, but it's an amazing book), and Tamora Pierce is an amazing author too. My friend recently got me hooked on diana wynne jones. She writes about magic and all sorts of stuff.
is that the person who wrote a wrinkle in time? that was a really good book. i do love twilight and eragon and i've read all the artemis fowl books cause those re really good too.

i like fiction in general. as long as its mildly interesting i'll read it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:38 pm
Madeline L-Engle is the author of A Wrinkle in Time, its a great book. I was wondering have you read the others of L'Engle, I mean the ones related to the Wrinkle In Time series...  

Artemis Gly
Captain

curlycute6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm
sadly no. i read a wrinkle in time but have not seen the others. it is time i start looking harder i guess  
The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff