Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:26 pm
EDIT 9/19/5: I've asked Ares to join the moderator team since I may be online less often due to increasing school responsibilities. Welcome, Ares!

-----------------

EDIT 3/4/5: Due to our growing membership, I've requested Civit Moon's assistance as a moderator, and she graciously accepted though she may not be around as often as us other mods! PM Civit Moon if M is for M+Ms or I are not around if you have a concern!

-----------------

EDIT 1/3/5: M is for M+Ms is the volunteer moderator for now!
PM her if I'm not online when something fishy is going on in here!

-----------------

Since I can't be sure to be on Gaia at all times every day, I'd like to appoint one moderator for now, just in case things hit the fan when I'm not around. I'm going to need somebody who is on Gaia on a daily basis. Please be honest about the amount of time you spend on Gaia! I'll need somebody who can lock questionable threads (and then notify me), and delete threads that break Gaia TOS. If your online availability changes, and you won't be able to be on Gaia every day, I'll need to you let me know so that I can appoint an additional moderator if needed. Volunteers?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:53 pm
Okay, you got it! I gave you "crew" status. At the bottom of each thread, you should see a little picture of a lock that you can click to lock questionable threads. Then, you can PM me and hit the "send as email" button. Also, each thread should have the delete "X" now that you can use if there's something really bad. Let me know if you are going to be on Gaia less often or anything so that I can get somebody else to cover for you! Thank you!  

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:54 pm
M is for M+Ms
Okay. I will probably be on less often around when my exams are, but that's not for quite a while.

Kay, just let me know when that comes about.

M is for M+Ms
Woah! I can delete posts. Weird..

Haha! Don't get trigger happy now! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:03 am
M is for M+Ms
Err... there are people waiting to join, can I accept them? The forum lets me but I thought I would check with you first. sweatdrop

Sure, if they seem all right. If they say they have a mental illness, you might wanna' PM them to get to know them and make sure they know the rules and whatnot. That's what I've been doing anyway.  

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:08 am
M is for M+Ms
Smart Alex
M is for M+Ms
Err... there are people waiting to join, can I accept them? The forum lets me but I thought I would check with you first. sweatdrop

Sure, if they seem all right. If they say they have a mental illness, you might wanna' PM them to get to know them and make sure they know the rules and whatnot. That's what I've been doing anyway.

You seem to have accepted or denied them appart from one from a 'mentally ill pshchology student'. I can see that as my future. gonk

Yeah, I go through the peeps when I'm online. Hehe, I think all psychology students probably have something abnormal going on in there to even want to go into the field!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:40 am
Quote:
Hehe, I think all psychology students probably have something abnormal going on in there to even want to go into the field!

Heheh, that's what my psychology teacher said, too. She was telling us that she was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, and said "Yeah, all psychologists have something wrong with them, all of us" biggrin .

So why did you not allow the "mentally ill psychology student" to join..?  

Civet Moon
Crew

siblet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:04 pm
I wanted to be a psychiatrist when i grow up... but bleh... i think i'm too mentally unstable. i might throw my clipboard at an angsty teenager! xp THAT'D get me fired!!! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:26 pm
Quote:
What is wrong with pschologists (if nothing else) = they like to read people's minds and fix the bits that go wrong.

I think I'm missing a joke here. I don't really see what's wrong with trying to help other people. Unless, of course, they overdo it, and find problems with everyone (is that what you're saying?)

Quote:
I'll let the psychology student in.

Why didn't you let him/her in in the first place...?

Quote:
I wanted to be a psychiatrist when i grow up... but bleh... i think i'm too mentally unstable. i might throw my clipboard at an angsty teenager! THAT'D get me fired!!!

Hm, yes, that probably would, heh.

But if you are really considering psychiatry as a career, I'm sure you could overcome your temper to do so smile .  

Civet Moon
Crew

Civet Moon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:02 pm
Note: This is not exactly what Civet Moon wrote. M is for M+Ms accidentally hit edit instead of quote and has now tired to fix it and is refering to herself in third person.

Quote:
Good question. I don't know the answer.

You're very confusing. Did you know that?

Quote:
They freak me out because they don't react to things!

Heh, in that case, I'd probably freak you out, too.

Really, though, I imagine that in most cases, remaining objective, atleast for some portion of the session, is important, so that the psychologist does not put ideas into the patient's head, and influence them subconciously.

But different types of psychologists work in different ways. As an example, the counselor I saw who worked using a psychodynamic perspective had absolutely no problem with not only trying to put ideas into my head, but also with putting words into my mouth rolleyes .  
Gaia Alliance for the Mentally Ill

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff