Reply Gundam
Greek Letter Gundams Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:23 am
I'm trying to place the various Gundam units to the Greek letters the correspond to. Soem of them don't actually use the letter in their name, but have been confirmed as being such by one source or another.

Here's what I have so far:

Alpha - RX-78 Gundam
Beta - RX-178 Gundam Mk. II
Gamma - RMS-099 Rick Dias
Delta - MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki
Epsilon -
Zeta - MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam
Eta -
Theta -
Iota -
Kappa - *
Lambda - MSA-0012 Lambda Gundam
Mu - RX-90 Mu Gundam
Nu - RX-93 Nu Gundam
Xi - RX-105 Xi Gundam
Omicron -
Pi -
Rho -
Sigma - MSA-014 Sigma Gundam
Tau -
Upsilon -
Phi -
Chi -
Psi -
Omega -

*There is a "Kappa Gundam," but I don't think it counts as it's based on the Japanese monster, not the Greek letter.

Anyone want to add anything?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:12 pm
What methods are you using to classify these into categories? The RMS-099 (MSA-0099) Rick Dias is not a Gundam, although it does use Gundarium Alloy. If you're basing this list on units that use Gundarium Alloy, then you might want to take the RX-178 Gundam Mk. II off the list and add such Mobile Suits as the RMS-117 Galbaldy Beta.

Anything beyond what you have there and you begin moving into the world of decidedly Unofficial Variations, such as the Epsilon ("Epsy") Gundam. The "Kappa Gundam" you refer to is actually an original G Gundam design from Newtype Magazine, and is also considered to be unofficial. Also, like you said, it's named after the monster, not the Greek symbol.  

NowhereManXP

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:30 pm
NowhereManXP
What methods are you using to classify these into categories? The RMS-099 (MSA-0099) Rick Dias is not a Gundam, although it does use Gundarium Alloy. If you're basing this list on units that use Gundarium Alloy, then you might want to take the RX-178 Gundam Mk. II off the list and add such Mobile Suits as the RMS-117 Galbaldy Beta.

Anything beyond what you have there and you begin moving into the world of decidedly Unofficial Variations, such as the Epsilon ("Epsy") Gundam. The "Kappa Gundam" you refer to is actually an original G Gundam design from Newtype Magazine, and is also considered to be unofficial. Also, like you said, it's named after the monster, not the Greek symbol.
The Rick Dias WAS going to be the original Monoeye Gundam codenamed Gamma Gundam. This is common fact.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:20 pm
Ophiuchus
NowhereManXP

The Rick Dias WAS going to be the original Monoeye Gundam codenamed Gamma Gundam. This is common fact.

This is entirely true, and I stand corrected. 3nodding  

NowhereManXP

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:52 pm
Ophiuchus

Yeah, that's why I snuck it in there.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:55 pm
Swordoath Omega
Ophiuchus

Yeah, that's why I snuck it in there.

Lol. Please don't pay any attention to me, as I honestly didn't know what I was talking about... sort of. I was half-right for the wrong reasons. I posted a thread on Gundam Watch about it, and then went off to read some of my old notes on the Rick Dias. From what I gather from Redcomet's replies to my post, the notes from the old Gundam Watch and Gundam Project and some old Mark Simmons stuff gathered from an old mailing list (I'll give you the link, as there's some great old stuff on there), I've basically pieced the following together: Blex Forer wanted to call the RMS-099 (MSA-099) the Gamma Gundam because of the Gundarium Gamma Alloy it sported. However, Char (Quattro) raised a stink, saying that such a Zeon-ish design couldn't possibly be called a Gundam (not to mention the fact that he'd come back from Axis with the RX-098 Prototype Rick Dias and its Gundarium Gamma armor). He suggested, instead, that they name it after Bartholomew Dias, the man who rounded the Cape of Good Hope. Thus it was called the "Rick Dias."

So, I guess, you could call it the "Gamma Gundam" if you want. Blex wanted to, after all. mrgreen

Later Addition: Here's the link I promised you. It's the specific post by Mark Simmons. Like I said, it's rather old.  

NowhereManXP

Swordoath Omega

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:14 am
NowhereManXP
Later Addition: Here's the link I promised you. It's the specific post by Mark Simmons. Like I said, it's rather old.

AHA! So the Hyaku Shiki is the Delta Gundam! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:44 pm
Swordoath Omega
NowhereManXP

AHA! So the Hyaku Shiki is the Delta Gundam! whee

It seems so, doesn't it? If you classify the RMS-099 (MSA-099) Rick Dias as the "Gamma Gundam," you'd might as well classify the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki as the "Delta Gundam."

Also, here's your "Epsilon Gundam," the Epsy Gundam, from Model Graphix Gundam WARS: Project Z:

http://www.infosakyu.ne.jp/~sekkan/CG/epsy-gundam.jpg

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/projectz/epsygundam.jpg

MAHQ.net Profile
Unit type: mobile suit
Overall height: 32.2 meters
Head height: 22.0 meters
Base weight: 125.0 tons
Full weight: 155.0 tons
Power generator output: 3340 kW
Thermonuclear pulse system power: 155500 kg total
Acceleration: 1.00 G
Sensor radius: 27600 meters
Armor: gundarium epsilon alloy
Armament: 105mm pencil rock pod x 4, fixed beam rifle x 2 (9.9 MW), clay bazooka x 1, beam saber x 1 (0.48 MW)
Optional armament: 88mm machine gun x 2

The Model Graphix Gundam WARS designs aren't considered to be "official," but this might be the only unit that fills the gap... unless, of course, another Anaheim Mobile Suit was considered for the name "Epsilon Gundam," which doesn't seem to be the case... although I might be wrong again. wink  

NowhereManXP

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:12 pm
User Image
I'm unfamiliar with this unit, but the greek letter indicates Theta(or Phi, sideways, but it looks like theta to me). It does however, bear more than a striking resembelance to Zeta, though it's seemingly nontransformable.

No idea of source, found on an imageboard.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:44 pm
That's an unofficial design. There's a titan's version too, I have it on my computer. 3nodding  

Ophiuchus
Captain

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 am
This topic is very interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:41 am
Epsilon seems similar to Epyon  

Hawk_of_Endymion

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:14 pm
Hawk_of_Endymion
Epsilon seems similar to Epyon
You're saying that because it's an E-on name, aren't you? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 pm
The greek lettering are Anaheim Electronics' model designation for their Gundam type units, in theory it doesn't start until Gundam Gamma, the Rick Dias.

Here's my list :
Gamma - RMS-099 Rick Dias (The first MS to use Gundarium γ)
Delta - MSN-100 Hyaku Shiki
Epsilon (ε) - エプシイ -e bu tsu i (A supposed custom Hyaku Shiki equipped with Nuclear Pulse Thrusters)
Eta - MSZ-007 Rapire I (A highly modify version of Zeta, with an optional backpack while retaining the ability to transform into WR)
Theta - MSZ-010 Double Zeta
Iota - MSA-0011 Superior
Kappa - MSA-014 Sigma
Lambda - MSA-0012 Lambda
Mu - RX-90 Mu
Nu - RX-93 Nu

Source : Gundam Wars III (Gundam Sentinel)

Grav!ty

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:30 pm
Grav!ty
The greek lettering are Anaheim Electronics' model designation for their Gundam type units, in theory it doesn't start until Gundam Gamma, the Rick Dias.

Here's my list :
Gamma - RMS-099 Rick Dias (The first MS to use Gundarium γ)
Delta - MSN-100 Hyaku Shiki
Epsilon (ε) - エプシイ -e bu tsu i (A supposed custom Hyaku Shiki equipped with Nuclear Pulse Thrusters)
Eta - MSZ-007 Rapire I (A highly modify version of Zeta, with an optional backpack while retaining the ability to transform into WR)
Theta - MSZ-010 Double Zeta
Iota - MSA-0011 Superior
Kappa - MSA-014 Sigma
Lambda - MSA-0012 Lambda
Mu - RX-90 Mu
Nu - RX-93 Nu

Source : Gundam Wars III (Gundam Sentinel)

Ah, it's been quite some time since I saw this thread.

The MSZ-007 Rapier I is actually an unofficial design: the MSZ-007 designation really should go the Prototype Zeta Gundam, which shows up in the Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Mobile Suit Variations. However, being that Gundam WARS III will follow Gundam WARS, I guess it's only to be expected that it gives homage to the Epsy and the Rapier I that appear in Gundam WARS: Project Z.  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff