Reply Veth and Akina
Dragon Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gourey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 pm
Nether got up slowly out of his bed and stretched then looked out the window of his second stroy room...the feilds outside were still not ripe, wich ment still nothing for harvest, and nothing to sell for money.

With a sigh he pulled himself from bed and headed downstairs where he got ready for a day of work, not even bothering to look for something for breakfast since he knew there would be nothing there.

He was out ready for work before either of his parents could get up, not wanting to see them at the moment. he just focued on pulled weeds.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:15 am
The early morning light spilled over the land, including the small town that Nether lived in. Of course, this was a typical time for travel, his feet kicking up dust from the dirt path. He wouldn't call this path a road, because it was mostly the villagers who used it, and most of them were too poor to own a wagon of their own.

Travis was used to towns like this, especially with the armies taking most of the materials and money for weapons and their own selfish needs. The war between the rebellion, himself, and the king was a vicious one, ruining the lives of many innocent people, including his own village; this was perhaps one of the reasons he had joined the army, along with the fact that his family would die hungry if he hadn't.

He was not disappointed in his decision, and as a dragon rider he was now one of the highest in his class... A huge responsibility and honor.

However, his dragon was in the stalls, back in Dalmar, and this trip he had to do by foot, to not obtain too much attention... however his elegant cloak would probably give him most of the pedestrians attention here.  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:21 am
Nether smiled as he continued to work, glad to be doing something to get his mind off other things. He pulled weeds and cleaned out as much as he could, but still left alot to do.

After he made his way back to the house knowing his mom and dad would take care of the rest, Nether grabbed a small leather pouch and headed off to town, he only had a few coins in the bottom of the leather pouch but that would be enough to get some fresh bread at least...something...

He walked along the road slowly, hoping to get to the market before it was to crowded with people trying to swindle everyone around them. He wore no weapons, and only poor peasent clothes.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:24 am
As he entered the small village, he recognized the small market place, one of the busiest places in the entire village. He knew he would have to watch his money pouch here, considering most of the people here were poor, and some of the men shady. There had been many stories about how a poor, unsuspecting man wearing something other then rags was beaten for his clothes, left close to death in a small town such as this one.

Walking into the market, he smiled to people as he passed, hand on the hilt of his sword just in case.  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:32 am
Nether walked through a few places, looking at things he wish he could by but knew that there would be no way for him to afford. After a while of wandering and giving up on ever being able to make enough money to by better clothes he went and bought a good fresh loaf of bread, using the last of his money.

He turned to leave, the bread wrapped in a bundle of cloth, then he saw a strange man wandering through the market...he stood out mainly because of the sword, but also the fact he seemed to be dressed quite a bit better then everyone else around...curious Nether kept a eye on the man.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:42 am
As the man walked through the village, he only smiled, being polite and kind, while making sure to buy something from every vendor. They all needed the money more then he did, and he could tell that this was their only income. As a young boy walked by, he gave him a small smile... until he stopped...

What he sensed from this young man, he didn't understand... was it magic? Another dragon rider? No... not this man... if he were he would have an aura to him in his eyes... No... this man was different.  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:48 am
Nether saw the man turn and look at him and then just turned back to waht he was doing, which was leaving and getting back to the farm...there was no reason for him to be worried about what a outsider was doing...also for all he knew the man was there to draft him...since he was of age.

Nether got back to the road and started to head back to his house hopping that nohting bad would happen, that the war could just stay away from thies small carner of the world, and leave him and his family out of it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:50 am
The man however followed him... catching up to him.

"I am not here to recruit you, if that is why you are hurrying away from me."

He smiled a friendly smile.  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:55 am
Nether didnt quite know how to respond, he just stood there for a moment looking at the stranger before he pulled back from the man.

"Really...then what do you want?"

Nether gave off the same mood most small town people did about being approached by a strangr.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 am
Figuring that this boy had lived here most, or if not all of his life, the man put it off, smile on his face as he held out a hand.

"To be truthful, I work for the rebellion, so I'm pretty sure you and I feel the same way about the kingdom..."

Telling someone that you were part of the rebellion most of the time could be instant death, because even small town folks who believed in what the rebellion was doing wouldn't hesitate to turn someone like him in. After all, it was money in their pocket, and a couple of days they could live with full bellies. However, he had a feeling this kid would not do that, and told him to show him that he really had not meant him harm.

"And if I am right, you need to be careful from this day forward."  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:57 am
Nether just at the man for a few seconds, unsure what to say or do, but then he slowly took the man's hand shaking it.

"The rebellion...and why exactly do i need to start being careful? you didnt happen to bring the fighting with you did you?"

Nether was really unsure about the man now, of course just about everyone around the town had the same beleifs as the memeber of the rebellion, but they were dangerous people to be around, and alot of innocent people had already got in trouble for just associating with one of them.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:02 am
"There is an aura around you that I recognize... Only powerful army men will be able to see it, so perhaps you'll be lucky, but... Just... be careful."

He gave the boy a smile... That was all he could do to tell him of what he thought, unless he were to push the boy to go into hiding. However, this would not go over well with a boy as young as he was, stubborn and full of life.

"Anyways, I did not mean to bother you, I just wanted to warn you."  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:08 am
"So then what are you saying exactly? that now i am going to be a prime subject for the drafts?"

Nether really dindt get what this man was saying, he always thought he was just plain and normal and just like everyone else. So telling him that there was some kind of aura around him that could cause danger...

"What about the people around me? family and friends?"

Now Nether was a bit worried and wanting to know exactly what this man was talking about.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:10 am
"Well, truthfully they will be in danger if the army finds you. You will more likely be killed then drafted. You are a threat to their cause."

He stopped, looking at the boy.  

TheCloakedOne
Captain

Gourey

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:15 am
"threat? im still just a teenager, i havent even made it to my twenties yet. How could i actualy cause them trouble? not like im a amzing swordsman, or great wizard that can rain fire down from the sky."

Nether gave the man another skeptical look...if there wasnt a war on at the moment he may have thought the man mad, someone just spouting of random things to put peopl in fear.

"But to just humor you...what would you think would be best for me then?"  
Veth and Akina

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces